Author Topic: Hasbro 12" Indy Figures  (Read 16699 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro 12" Indy Figures
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2008, 10:08 AM »
At least these versions of Indy actually look like Ford compared to the disney/gi joe version.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 12:14 PM »
That Disney figure was never meant to look like Ford.  It's to represent the attraction at the park and, I believe, there's a logo for it on the back of the jacket.  The figure also came in an Afican-American version.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2008, 09:58 AM »
A couple years ago when Formative was still selling 1:6 scale military figures at retail they had a boxed figure with a head sculpt that looked quite a bit like Harrison Ford.  I picked it up for that reason, intending to do an Indy custom. 

Head sculpt

I put the head on a Super Articulated GI Joe body.  I had a decent likeness of the boots, pants, shirt and a workable belt.  I had a whip from one of the Joe Adventure Team sets and a stand-in pistol and holster, both of which were relatively easy pieces to replace if I wanted.  I also had a shoulder bag from another Formative set that was kind of plain but I was going for a toy and not a high end piece so it worked.

I never found a decent jacket or hat substitute that I liked so the figure sat around unfinished.  This week with the sale at Target I decided to get the talking Indy figure for his outfit.  Well, hat and jacket mostly, but I ended up using the whole outfit for now.  I added the shoulder bag I had and the Idol relic from the Belloq figure as the scale was a little better than the one in the 1:6 Indy set.

Indiana Jones

I didn't take a photo of it last night but I also have a custom 1:6 scale Grail Diary that I picked up from Mark Poon a couple of years ago.  I'm thinking of either customizing the shoulder bag to look a little more accurate or see if the other 12" Indy figure goes on clearance and rob that set for it's bag.  I may also go back to the pants I had before.  They're lighter in color and with a little work to add pockets and belt loops they might be a little more accurate.

I'm also contemplating taking a shot at a custom whip.  Just because I think it would be fun to do and having a scale 10' whip would rock.

Otherwise I'm pretty happy with this figure.  It's not a $90 Sideshow piece but it's a great toy that you can take out and get a little dirty or whatever.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 2, 2008, 10:18 AM »
TNI has a look at an upcoming 12" figure - Dovchenko with fire ants.  Kind of cool that he comes with the ants.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 3, 2008, 11:03 AM »
Yeah, I like the ants as well!  Pretty cool touch.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 7, 2008, 02:11 PM »
I was kind of surprised last night to see that most of the 12" figures have sold at my local Target store.  They didn't even move that many items when they were on sale a week ago.  I think maybe part of it might be due to people buying one or two and finding out about the Ark and that spurred them to buy more.

Hopefully that's a good sign for the future of the line, though.

E...

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #21 on: June 7, 2008, 08:05 PM »
I didn't really look at these too closely until the other day.  I had no idea that INDY'S JAW MOVES when he talks!  If you haven't seen it, it's really silly!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 8, 2008, 10:10 AM »
I didn't really look at these too closely until the other day.  I had no idea that INDY'S JAW MOVES when he talks!  If you haven't seen it, it's really silly!

When I saw this I couldn't believe it either. They used this horrible gimmick on a 12" GI Joe Duke figure three-four years ago. It sucked then and it sucks now.

It would have been nicer if they just spent the money on making the head sculpt look good instead of making the doll talk.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 9, 2008, 07:38 PM »
Well with Sideshow charging $100 plus for Indy I will buy the Hasbro versions instead.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2008, 12:17 AM »
Michael Crawford of Captain Toy has a couple of pics up of Indy in German uniform w/bazooka & Mutt in his Fonz outfit with Crystal Skull.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 4, 2008, 08:45 AM »
Has anyone seen the 12" Mutt w/ Jacket or the Indy w/ bazooka in stores?  I'm hoping to find a decent price on the Mutt figure (meaning no eBay if I can help it) but so far the only reports I've seen of him being found in stores appears to be Krogers and their sister stores.  None of which are in my area of NY.

E...

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 4, 2008, 09:36 AM »
This is Indy?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 4, 2008, 09:54 AM »
Yep.  That's the one that shipped with the Mutt w/ leather jacket. 

E...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 5, 2009, 05:54 PM »
I saw some of these in the clearance aisle at Toys R Us.  It's just sad.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2009, 04:02 PM »
I bought the talking Indy figure back in May when they were first released.  I stole the clothes and outfitted another figure with them and then left the Indy figure on the bottom shelf of my coffee table where he's been since then.

Last night I was picking up and decided to take the batteries out of that figure and store it.  I was surprised to find that most of the rubber on the face has cracked and basically degraded to the point that it's about ready to come off the head.

The hair part is still in good shape but from the neck up to the hairline it's all falling apart.  There's also somewhat of a waxy oil coming out of the rubber and when I rubbed it with a paper towel some of the paint rubbed off.

Now, I'm not completely shocked that this head degraded since other attempts at this type of head from Hasbro have done the same.  The talking Yoda figure from a couple years ago comes to mind, but I was kind of surprised that it happened this quickly.  A couple of weeks ago I noticed that the whip that came with the same figure had cracked and was starting to come apart also but at that point I hadn't thought to check the figure.  It's not from use, because other than playing with the figure for 15 or 20 minutes when it was new, it's just been laying around.  And the whip has been on my shelf with the Indy figure that I kitbashed.

Very disappointing all around that a toy has less than a 6 month lifespan.  Neither of the Indy figures were that impressive, but still, as toys go, very disappointed.

E...