Author Topic: Indiana Jones & SDCC 2007  (Read 12645 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Indiana Jones & SDCC 2007
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2007, 08:18 PM »
Yeah that's whip-action Indy...  There's also an SA Indy shipping, so that's cool.  The whip action is about as toyish you can get with a guy in fedora I think.  This line's got to be a collector-friendly one for survival of any length I'm afraid, but there are 4 films to work with here...  So there's some hope for coolness.  I'm excited by the Sallah and Belloq figures which look outstanding, and the Indy Whip is even so-so.

In general I just am happy they're mimicing Star Wars since I'm pretty happy with how that's going at the moment.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2007, 09:18 PM »
ill be collectiong this wave...if it comes up north, if not owell. looks great though.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2007, 09:24 PM »
These look great!  I wished someone would have asked when tthey were coming out.  I would assume that the figures from the film will be out about a month before the movie (end of April) so maybe these will be out in Feb or March.  Who knows?

Also, I think that the Desert Convoy truck from the 82 line is a pretty great toy, and would look awesome with a new paintjob, and a German driver.

This could be a very cool line, but I agree that it will be over within 18 months.  Short and sweet.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2007, 12:04 AM »
I reall like the Belloq and Sallah.  The Indy from the slide show presentation looked like it was SA?  It have potential.  I will definately get SA Indy, Marion, Sallah and Belloq.  The Monkey Man was kind of cool to.  Not sure if I'll get that though. 

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2007, 01:02 AM »
Some better shots from the slideshow at TNI:

« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 02:51 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2007, 01:49 PM »
The figures & GH all look great, wonder what the packaging will be like?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2007, 02:55 PM »
Oh, no.  No, no, no!!  They had to go and make this line excellent so I'll spend money on it, didn't they?!

;D  I'm in for that whole set right there, of the action figure line anyway.  I'll pass on the Adventure Heroes though.

I'm still on the edge of my seat waiting for a look at Sideshow's 1:6 scale Indy.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2007, 09:19 PM »
Damn.  I had gotten to a point where I was tapering down what I was collecting outside of Star Wars, and Hasbro springs THIS on us.  Adventure Heroes is an easy pass for me, but the Basic Figures are too cool for school! 

I thought I saw something from Hasbro about vehicles, too.  Who knows what Hasbro is going to pull off there.  The only ones I can think of are...

-German Flying Wing (probably too big)
-Horses from Raiders of the Lost Ark & Last Crusade
-Truck to Cairo
-German Sub (obviously WAY too big)
-Dusenberg in Shanghai from Temple of Doom
-Chinese plane from Temple of Doom
-Life raft from Temple of Doom
-Elephant from Temple of Doom
-Mining cars from Temple of Doom
-Train from Last Crusade (obviously way too big)
-Venice boats from Last Crusade
-Biplane from Last Crusade
-Motorcycle with sidecar from Last Crusade
-Tank from Last Crusade

As for Sideshow and Gentle Giant's offerings?  Cool stuff, but I may be able to pass.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 09:22 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2007, 02:16 PM »
Dr. Jones!

Those 3.75 figures are awesome! Probably only pick up Indy, but they rock nonetheless.

Offline Billy Ray

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Alamo City Star Wars Collectors
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2007, 05:18 PM »
Put me down for all of the Indy stuff!  The 3.75" look awesome and I'll even pick up the "Playskool" figures.  Heck, that 12" Hasbro Indy doesn't look half bad either!  Though I am sure SS will easily top it, I will definitely be picking one up!  2008...best year ever ;D

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2007, 06:34 PM »
2008...best year ever

isnt that what everyone was saying about this year? :-\
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2007, 08:12 PM »
2007 was great, now it looks like 2008 will be too.  Hasbo's finally got us figured out...
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2007, 11:20 PM »
2007 was great, now it looks like 2008 will be too.  Hasbo's finally got us figured out...

cant say i agree with you.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2007, 11:34 PM »
2007 was great, now it looks like 2008 will be too.  Hasbro's finally got us figured out...

Discounting the utter and nearly complete lack of punctuation, would you care to spare more than six words and explain why you feel that way? 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2007, 08:56 AM »
2007 was great, now it looks like 2008 will be too.  Hasbro's finally got us figured out...

Discounting the utter and nearly complete lack of punctuation, would you care to spare more than six words and explain why you feel that way? 

Now don't get me wrong Hasbro has some good stuff in the works, yet non of it is finding its way out on the shelves. By this time last year we were already on wave 4 or wave 5 and now Hasbro has only been able to dish out 3 waves or in my case 2. With 5 more month left to go Hasbro has a lot to catch up on yet they are already talking about next years stuff. Well what about this years stuff, so what we have seen the prototypes now lets see the actual product. Plus (which is a rant more towards hasbro Canada) we are going to miss the last few waves which makes me think at this rate i will be lucky to see wave 4 or 5, which is just dumb. "Yes but this happens to Canada every year" yeah i have heard that before but the only thing i hear when people say that is that Hasbro is making no attempt to fix it.
Like someone over at Snowtroopers said "TAC= The Absent Collection"