Author Topic: Thoughts on the Droid Factory "Build A Figure" Idea?  (Read 49995 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Droid Factory Build A Figure
« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2008, 04:58 PM »
No, I remember that droid.  I am used to seeing it holding that rifle thing though.  I don't remember the crap on the wrists and legs though.  LOL!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2008, 08:49 PM »
No, I remember that droid.  I am used to seeing it holding that rifle thing though.  I don't remember the crap on the wrists and legs though.  LOL!

That's about the only thing that disappoints me about this is that C-3PX should have a few rifles, NOT forearm and leg mounted blasters.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2008, 09:51 AM »
So what about the these R7 Droids, are these ones cannon or just made up? I know that R7's exist, I just don't recall the pain schemes.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2008, 11:18 AM »
So what about the these R7 Droids, are these ones cannon or just made up? I know that R7's exist, I just don't recall the pain schemes.
R7's are not canon...they are EU.  I'm not up on Comics/Video Games at all to tell if they are EU accurate

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2008, 03:53 PM »
R7's were developed after ROTJ and were used in the newer starfighters out that the New Republic was using...

I think they fit in fine in general, but that's the round-about background on them...  The figure looks pretty accurate to any drawing I've ever seen.  I'm not positive what fighter(s) they were made for, but I do recall they seemed to be developed for a specific one or two the good guys were now using. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 19, 2008, 03:55 PM »
  I'm not positive what fighter(s) they were made for, but I do recall they seemed to be developed for a specific one or two the good guys were now using. 

E-wing...

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #111 on: February 19, 2008, 03:57 PM »
That's the one, thanks Mike.

I could only thing of that air speeder...  The Vwing or something, that appeared briefly in the one Rogue Squad game, but I knew that wasn't it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2008, 09:02 AM »
R7's are not canon...they are EU.  I'm not up on Comics/Video Games at all to tell if they are EU accurate

Humph. Where did I see pictures then? The card game?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2008, 09:06 AM »

Humph. Where did I see pictures then? The card game?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/R7-series_astromech_droid

They also have some at astromech.net (which I can't access for some reason)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 09:07 AM by Scott »

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2008, 04:09 PM »
R7's are not canon...they are EU. 

I thought EU was canon, and the non-canon stuff was Infinities and some issues of Tales...

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2008, 04:33 PM »
Canon changes daily and varries from person to person
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #116 on: February 21, 2008, 12:42 AM »
R7's are not canon...they are EU. 

I thought EU was canon, and the non-canon stuff was Infinities and some issues of Tales...

Hate to dredge up the canon vs. non-canon issue, but...  ;)

LFL classifies the films ONLY as canon, and nothing's changed on that as far as I have read anywhere.  The EU is considered part of, "The official continuity", but it's all basically sub-contracted story-telling to the overall saga, and so Lucas himself basically reserves the right to run right over any of it.  A good case-in-point on this is Lucas basically was begged/pleaded with to call Coruscant, Coruscant...  He had other ideas for the planet's name, but Timothy Zahn had established the capital planet's name in his trilogy, so Lucas was persuaded to go with it...  Not everything was accepted though and some things have been trampled by the prequals or whatnot.

I've seen people try to apply some hiearchey to the EU (novels outweigh other materials, etc.), however nothing from LFL's ever said that.  They seem to lump everything non-film into the EU category, and try to make it fit as best as possible...  Things like infinities or whatnot seem to stand by themselves then, separate of the EU.  Which is the fun of Star Wars...  Lucas does allow creativity in it, and while it's all a cash-cow to him, it gives some entertaining stuff to us (and some crap too unfortunately). 

I believe it was Lucas himself who said, "the films are gospel, the rest is gossip".  ;)  I don't know what that means for the live-action TV series, which he's supposed to be heavily involved in, and this new CW series he seems heavily involved in as well...  Moreso than any other project(s) I can think of that he just usually signs off on.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 21, 2008, 04:15 PM »
EDIT: Sorry, I had posted a gallery of press shots from Hasbro HERE that I thought was new, but as Scott let me know, JD has had them up for awhile already.  Sorry about the unnecessary post :).
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 04:24 PM by Brian »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 21, 2008, 08:10 PM »
OK, so in terms of design similarities, an R7 is an EU version of R2, and R6 and an EU version of R5.  I'm just trying to make sense of this since my knowledge of the EU is very limited.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2008, 08:26 PM »
More or less it's just the progression of the droid, and to my knowledge the only difference is that triangular eye port thing.  It maybe slices and dices, as well as liquifies vegetables.