Author Topic: Thoughts on the Droid Factory "Build A Figure" Idea?  (Read 50083 times)

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Droid Factory Build A Figure
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2008, 03:46 PM »
I bet the protocol droid will be the C-3PO with Battle Droid head version.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2008, 03:59 PM »
Rune
Oh I hope so, I have been wanting that figure for so long now a didn't want to resort to paying ebay prices on that gem.   I hope all the parts are included in army builders so I can make a few of them for myself.    not you got me all excited about the BAF wave.  NOT
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2008, 07:27 PM »
You guys have this all wrong.

We'll get:

K-3PO w/Battle Droid Head
E-3PO w/Battle Droid Head
R-3PO w/Battle Droid Head
U-3PO w/Battle Droid Head
Battle Droid w/TC-14 Head

It will be great!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2008, 07:36 PM »
Pete_Fett
              I figured they stretch the out over the next few years.  so we have something to look forward to.  Before they release them all SA.  and in shadow form 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2008, 07:42 PM »
Oh - yeah, I totally forgot the Shadow versions.

THAT is the figure, I'm really looking forward to - Shadow C-3PO!   ::)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 07:43 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2008, 09:25 PM »
I still think build a stormtrooper or a SA battle droid would have been cooler, and more useful.

I'm not too stoked about this promotion.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2008, 09:38 PM »
Build a battle droid would have been better IMO. Especially if it was an EPI mold. Thicker and better articulation.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline manglord

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2008, 12:04 AM »
How about assembling our own pizzas. Hasbro could get together with Freschetta for a star wars charater pizza crusts. Imagine "Three Cheese P.O", that would ROCK!

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2008, 10:09 AM »
How about assembling our own pizzas. Hasbro could get together with Freschetta for a star wars charater pizza crusts. Imagine "Three Cheese P.O", that would ROCK!

WOULD WE GET A SHADOW ONE TOO?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2008, 10:31 AM »

Only if you ask nicely.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2008, 11:55 AM »
I think the concept might actually translate well.  If you think about it, this scheme could generate collector interest in droids that might otherwise pegwarm.  Especially if they're going with somewhat obscure droids that barely had any screen time at all.  For instance, can anyone name the astromech from Watto's junkyard?  Probably not without consulting Wookieepedia.  But making that droid a build-a-figure might get some people interested in it, and that's what is giving it a better shot at being made into a figure.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2008, 12:30 PM »

Sure, just leave it in the oven longer to burn. There you go, instant shadow pizza.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2008, 07:15 PM »
Hasbro's Latest Media Release

It looks like Hasbro has finally confirmed this "build-a-figure" pack-in, and we'll be able to assemble 7 different Droids from 30 figures on the pegs.  So is this going to be incorporated into the "Classic" line of figures that is supposed to parallel the Clone Wars line?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 07:20 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2008, 07:32 PM »
It certainly sounds like this is going to be what's been informally referred to as the Saga line.  I can't see Hasbro offering the Droid Factory line, plus Clone Wars, plus a Saga line.  That just seems silly.  It seems like we'll have Clone Wars & Droid Factory as our basic figure lines.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2008, 11:01 PM »
Okay I think I've disected the info and come up with a very plausible guess as to the build a droid figures. Not specifically whom, but what kinds.

Simply put, more Astro droids and Protocol/biped droids. (Biped being the likes of CZ-3 or Death Star droid etc. for instance)

Why? 30 total figures to make 7 B-a-D (Build a droid) figs.
That means 4-5 figures to make a droid.

For the Astro droids that's 2 outer legs, 3rd legs, and body/head combo. (4 total figs to buy to get these)
For the protocol/biped droids-two legs, two arms, body/head combo (5 total figs to buy to get these)

So that leads me further to believe we'll actually get some OT droids from this. A new Silver Protocol droid. Sure it's the same as TC-14, but can be marketed as E-3PO (Bespin protocol droid) As well, we can get the Yellow R5 Astro droid seen on Tatooine. CZ-3, since he's so close to CZ-4.

Now if this is true, then we as consumers can mix and match parts to come up with our own designs as well. So it's a customizer's dream. If this is the case, then I can see this portion of the line being a winning proposition for everyone.