Author Topic: Transformers: Hunt for the Decepticons Cartoon  (Read 2812 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Last Edit: November 5, 2009, 02:29 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers: Hunt for the Decepticons Cartoon
« Reply #1 on: November 6, 2009, 11:38 AM »
Hasbro with their own network?  This could be interesting...

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 7, 2009, 02:18 PM »
Wow! A channel with nothing but toy commericals and toy-based shows! Why couldn't they have this as a kid? Maybe they will move season three to the Hasbro Channel?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 9, 2009, 11:46 AM »
I don't remember where I read it, but I thought this was announced earlier this year that Hasbro was partnering with the Discovery Kids channel or something and working toward having their own network.  Again, I can't remember exactly, but I thought they basically said that any new animation relating to their toys (Transformers/Joes/etc.) would be on this new channel.  This wouldn't include things like Star Wars/Marvel I don't think, but the lines that Hasbro "owns".  It would be cool if they showed the older cartoons (although I doubt it).  I know they are easily accessible on DVD now, which is great, but I always wondered why a channel like Boomerang or something wasn't showing the old Joe, Transformers, and other 80s cartoons.  I'm sure there is some reason I'm not aware of.  I remember Cartoon Network showing Thundercats at one time on their Toonami block around the time I was in college, but that is about it.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 9, 2009, 01:12 PM »
There was an earlier announcement on Hasbro's new channel.  It wasn't long after the news broke that Hasbro had bought back the license to the Joe and Transfromer's cartoons and there was speculation that along with the DVD releases we expected, Hasbro could also show them on their new channel.

Plus it would be a good place for Hasbro to work some magic on new cartoons for Joe and TF.  I know Hasbro has also been looking to option some of their board game properties for TV/movies and I know a couple of them have popped up recently on rumor lists for future films.  Some games could be animated shows and turn out better than live action films so that may be a goal for them also.

Even though the TF and Joe cartoons are hitting on DVD now, I wouldn't mind if I could watch a block of them on TV, especially if they were played from the beginning.  Of course, that would all hinge on if the thieving bastards at Time Warner deciding to pick up that channel...

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 9, 2009, 04:49 PM »
Looks like our favorite Robots In Disguise will be making a comeback in 2010 with a new incarnation and mandatory cartoon to follow.

Casting is currently being held for voice actors. Transformers Generation 1 and Animated veteran Michael Bell has stated in an interview during a podcast that he has auditioned for it. The casting is being done by none other than Sue Blu, known for her voice as G1 Arcee, and casting/production work on Beast Wars and Transformers Animated.

Bell auditioned for Ratchet, and also a (presumably human) character named "General Fowler".

I guess he also auditioned for General Hawk for the new Joe cartoon as well..
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN