Author Topic: G.I. Joe - The Movie (Live Action)  (Read 45269 times)

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe - The Movie (Live Action)
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2008, 03:11 AM »
After reading the recent cast list of RUMORS I say its time to trash the movie or get a new casting director. I can not see "THE ROCK" as Shipwreck with a parrot, or Brendan Frasier as Gung-HO, I don't think so.
Throw an Ewok at him

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2008, 10:55 AM »
After reading the recent cast list of RUMORS I say its time to trash the movie or get a new casting director. I can not see "THE ROCK" as Shipwreck with a parrot, or Brendan Frasier as Gung-HO, I don't think so.

Haven't you heard that this movie is now going to be a comedy  ???
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2008, 02:09 PM »
D'oh!

I was off JD last week when those pics were posted.

Can anyone clue me in to somewhere else they may be?

PM me or do whatever you have to do  ;D
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2008, 02:12 PM »
Some other site has photos  ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2008, 04:25 PM »
Awesome!

Thank you.

I like all of them except for Storm Shadow.  He looks too much like the ghost dudes from the second Matrix movie.  I don't want some GQ guy wearing tux tails, I want a freaking ninja.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2008, 04:28 PM »
Storm Shadow's outfit is awful. How can he fight wearing a tux with tails? The Baroness is great though. Too bad they made all the characters look like Sigma-6. It takes away their uniqueness when they arn't in their comic book uniforms.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 05:14 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2008, 05:23 PM »
Overall the designs are looking worse and worse...  :(

Hopefully the Cobra troops will look cool at least...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2008, 05:26 PM »
Hopefully the Cobra troops will look cool at least...

The Cobra Troops were VERY iconic.  I can't see them pissing all over that design...Oh wait, this is the Joe live action movie we're talking about.   ::)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2008, 05:47 PM »
During Toy Fair, the "licensing footage" they showed us from this movie was chocked full of "Battle Suit" this and Exo-Armor" that.

To those who don't like what they've seen so far, just wait until you see some of the other costumes for the characters...  remember, the more costumes in a movie, the more action figure variants you can sell to kids. ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2008, 06:17 PM »
Hey, I'm as big of a fan of the vintage line and the comics as the next guy, but so far I've liked what I've seen with possibly one exception; Cover Girl.  Not really a fan of either the uniform or the model they picked to play her but we'll see.

As far as the uniforms go, there wasn't really a doubt that they'd put a modern spin on things but, honestly, would you really want to see Gung Ho, for example, in turquoise colored gucciflage?  Sorry, but I wouldn't.  To goofy.

As long as they keep the heart of the characters I don't really care so much what they dress them in.  That's one of the things I liked about the X-Men films is that the characters, to me at least, seemed mostly true to their comic background just in new uniforms. 

Oh, and I love Storm Shadow's outfit.  I was wondering how they were going to pull that costume off without having a guy running around in the vintage-style, full-on ninja outfit.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2008, 10:18 PM »
Oh, and I love Storm Shadow's outfit.  I was wondering how they were going to pull that costume off without having a guy running around in the vintage-style, full-on ninja outfit.

I actually didn't mind the pics of SS's new get up.  Maybe he goes clubbin or something in the movie?  His face should really be covered though.  That's what made him who he is.  They hit SE right on the nose, but what's up with the rest of the character's outfits? 

X-Men 4 or Street Fighter 2  ???

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2008, 01:18 AM »
X-Men 4 or Street Fighter 2  ???

I couldn't help but think Starship Troopers when I saw the costume pics. As someone who didn't grow up with Joe and not really a big fan (some toys are awesome, though) I don't think this movie will have the "cool" factor that Transformers had. Fan or not, giant robots smashing the crap out of each other made for a good summer popcorn film. I know a lot of people my age showed interest in the movie when it was released.
   For GI Joe, I don't think the same "cool" factor is present. It's probably going to seem incredibly weird and childish to most folks. I'm open to viewing most movies, but this is one film I'll most likely skip. I smell a good, old fashioned failure being delivered in the Summer of '09.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2008, 08:39 AM »
. I smell a good, old fashioned failure being delivered in the Summer of '09.

Sadly I do too.  Then the Film Co and Hasbro will blame the Brand and the Characters instead of the folks who crapped in a film can and called it a movie.

GI Joe was the main focus of my toy buying from Day 1, so I was eagerly anticipating a GI Joe live action movie based on the first 15 years of the brand... but the Starship Troopers/Matrix stuff they have done proves the old saying..."Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it"...

I don't see how their original uniforms are any more "Campy", "Goofy" or "Comical" than spandex suits with plastic boobs in them.  At least they were more Colorful and would have lent to being able to tell the characters apart on the big screen. 

Sorry for the Rant...

I'll go see it, but I'll look at it like I do the Prequels, just really bad FANFIC.

And I will admit total Hypocrisy on this issue and here's why...other movies that are based on subjects that have longer histories than GI Joe have gotten the same treatment and I liked/enjoyed those movies.  The only difference is that I did not have any knowledge of the backstory, so I could sit in ignorant bliss and watch the movie. 

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2008, 10:51 AM »
I don't see how their original uniforms are any more "Campy", "Goofy" or "Comical" than spandex suits with plastic boobs in them.  At least they were more Colorful and would have lent to being able to tell the characters apart on the big screen. 

I agree with you, Paul. The original uniforms were a part of the Joes' identity. Apart from people like Footloose, who actually did have a silly outfit. I guess I'm not a big fan of this armor either, because it does seem like it's from X-Men or Batman or I guess to put it bluntly, not original.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2008, 11:40 AM »
Some new details have popped up regarding the Joe movie.  I don't know if any of this stuff is confirmed or not, but some of it is....yikes.