Author Topic: Batman - The Dark Knight  (Read 45574 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Batman - The Dark Knight
« Reply #240 on: August 6, 2008, 10:20 AM »

I never really liked DC comics. I love Marvel, and I think IM, and the spiderman movies were better than this.

You'll be hard pressed to find people who think Spiderman was better than Batman Dark Knight.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #241 on: August 6, 2008, 10:26 AM »
I can honestly say I enjoyed Spider-Man 2 more than I enjoyed TDK.  TDK is probably a better film in a lot of ways, but a couple years down the road if I had to choose between the two on cable, I'd probably pick Spidey.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 6, 2008, 10:35 AM »
Yahoo has an article up dealing with speculation for Batman 3, including casting.  Probably real early for stuff like this, but interesting to read either way.

As far as TDK - I agree with virtually everyone that it is an amazing movie, and I really enjoyed it.  I don't like the comments (and it isn't a ton of them) where its like "this is how to make a comic book movie".  I agree with that from the standpoint of respecting the source material, but I don't feel that all movies need to be as "dark and gritty" as BB and TDK are/were.  This works for Batman, but there are several movies (Spidey 2, X2, Iron Man, etc.) that - to me - are very well done as well.  Each character/universe has its own "feel", and not all of them are conducive to the super realistic, dark, and gritty style of Nolan's Batman world.  Like I said, TDK was amazing though, and probably one of my favorite movies - so no complaints there.  But, I don't mind a little "comic booky-ness" to some of the other characters' movies.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #243 on: August 6, 2008, 10:09 PM »

I never really liked DC comics. I love Marvel, and I think IM, and the spiderman movies were better than this.

You'll be hard pressed to find people who think Spiderman was better than Batman Dark Knight.

^
 l
 l
 l
Up 2 posts.  :P

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #244 on: August 7, 2008, 01:59 AM »
i finally went to see it and its very good. better than any sissy superman or spiderman movie. me and my brother always fight about who is cooler super man or bat man and i tell him superman is gay and if batman had half the power superman has he would kick his ass up and down the planet. vengeance is better than forgiveness. besides batman is just cool  8). except Val, he sucked.
He's no good to me open

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 7, 2008, 09:47 AM »
except Val, he sucked.

What about Clooney and his bat-nipples? ;)
« Last Edit: August 7, 2008, 09:47 AM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 7, 2008, 10:08 AM »

*raises hand*

Here's one.

Spider-man 2, maybe. While I love the Dark Night and think is deserves every penny it's earning, it's still flawed and imperfect. Spider-man 2 was a more solidly constructed film.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 7, 2008, 10:08 AM »
I thought Clooney was terrible.  Val wasn't much better though...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 7, 2008, 03:34 PM »

*raises hand*

Here's one.

Spider-man 2, maybe. While I love the Dark Night and think is deserves every penny it's earning, it's still flawed and imperfect. Spider-man 2 was a more solidly constructed film.

Okay whatever.  I'm sure you'd be outnumbered about 5:1 with that assessment.  Dark Knight was a fantastic film, Spiderman was a goofy classic "bad adaptation of a comic book" movie.  Granted, as they go, Spiderman 2 was one of the best of those bunch.  But comparing it to Batman Dark Knight?  Please.  No chance.

« Last Edit: August 7, 2008, 03:38 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #249 on: August 7, 2008, 07:07 PM »
I agree with that from the standpoint of respecting the source material, but I don't feel that all movies need to be as "dark and gritty" as BB and TDK are/were.  This works for Batman, but there are several movies (Spidey 2, X2, Iron Man, etc.) that - to me - are very well done as well.

I agree to a point and think this is how all Batman movies should be made.  It fits the character and I like that it's not all "comic-booky" like the Tim Burton Batman movies were.

As far as comparing Spider-Man and The Dark Knight, I can't do it.  I like the Spider-Man movies because Spider-Man was one of my childhood heros...Batman was not.  Both are wonderful movies true to the characters and will be in my dvd collection!   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #250 on: August 7, 2008, 07:49 PM »

*raises hand*

Here's one.

Okay whatever.  I'm sure you'd be outnumbered about 5:1 with that assessment.  Dark Knight was a fantastic film, Spiderman was a goofy classic "bad adaptation of a comic book" movie.  Granted, as they go, Spiderman 2 was one of the best of those bunch.  But comparing it to Batman Dark Knight?  Please.  No chance.

You all are stupid for disagreeing with Dressel. He is always right and if your opinions differ from his, you are always wrong.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 8, 2008, 05:11 PM »
I agree with that from the standpoint of respecting the source material, but I don't feel that all movies need to be as "dark and gritty" as BB and TDK are/were.  This works for Batman, but there are several movies (Spidey 2, X2, Iron Man, etc.) that - to me - are very well done as well.

I agree to a point and think this is how all Batman movies should be made.  It fits the character and I like that it's not all "comic-booky" like the Tim Burton Batman movies were.

As far as comparing Spider-Man and The Dark Knight, I can't do it.  I like the Spider-Man movies because Spider-Man was one of my childhood heros...Batman was not.  Both are wonderful movies true to the characters and will be in my dvd collection!   :D

Tim Burton's weren't thaaaaat comic-booky.  I mean, compared to the new batch, sure, but for 1989 when Burton's Batman came out, it was a pretty realistic, dark take on the character.  I still very much like that movie.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #252 on: August 8, 2008, 09:47 PM »

You all are stupid for disagreeing with Dressel. He is always right and if your opinions differ from his, you are always wrong.

Is this the meaning of life?

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 9, 2008, 10:46 PM »
Finally got the theater tonight to see Dark Knight.  I absolutely loved it.  I didn't think deep down that I'd like Heath Ledger better than Jack Nicholson, but now I think I do.  I thought his performance was perfect.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #254 on: August 9, 2008, 11:10 PM »
Tim Burton's weren't thaaaaat comic-booky.  I mean, compared to the new batch, sure, but for 1989 when Burton's Batman came out, it was a pretty realistic, dark take on the character.  I still very much like that movie.

I'll agree with the first two were not as comic-booky as the last two (although only the first was really all that good), but they definitely got comic-booky in a hurry.  I guess I'm just a fan of the more realistic style.
This is the way.

I have spoken.