Author Topic: Which Star Wars sub-line do you most regret not buying?  (Read 4141 times)

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
Which Star Wars sub-line do you most regret not buying?
« on: December 22, 2007, 12:31 AM »
This year, the McQuarrie line was the one for me, I just wasn't interested in buying concept figures- but they were just sculpted so nicely, and with great articulation... that I broke down and bought 3 so far!  So that line doesn't count for me in this topic anymore.  I think the Galactic Heroes is the line that I look at every time I'm at the store- they're so gosh darn cute!- but I just don't buy 'em.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
Re: Which Star Wars sub-line do you most regret not buying?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 01:05 AM »
I broke down and bought 3 so far!

I remember you saying that you bought McVader & McFett (both excellent choices), but what was the 3rd?

The only sub-line I kinda regret not getting into is the Kubrick line.  I had a chance to jump start my collection, had I been interested, at toy show.  Some guy was selling a dozen or so Kubricks, all opened, for $20.  I passed.
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 01:18 AM »
I think I have more I regret buying than don't, and I don't get into many sub-lines ever...  It's mostly Hasbro stuff I regret paying full price for. ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 08:15 AM »
I think Master Yoda would say "regret" is a path to the dark side,  A shade of guilt is regret which leads to fear which leads to anger which leads to sufferinggg, all  pathways to the the darkisde. Dont give into the dark side young padwan.  Bakwards never one must look, foward one must look to the future but be mindfull of the past but one must not dwell on past mistakes made as oneself."  Add to your Star Wars collection in 2008  and spend spend in '08 my young Padwan with no regret.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ( And no I was not drunk when I wrtoe this) LOL

I do not consider the Mconcepts a sub line. They are part of TAC just as much as every other figure in the line. Now what I do consider a sub line are the Saga Legends and all the other repack/repaints waves like this, now I do have some regreat buying these, even though I only tend to buy figures like fans choice and figures I missed along the way, ect.  No regrets here!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 08:31 AM by Darth_Ice »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 09:53 AM »
I think I have more I regret buying than don't, and I don't get into many sub-lines ever...  It's mostly Hasbro stuff I regret paying full price for. ;)

I feel the same exact way.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 10:33 AM »
I broke down and bought 3 so far!

I remember you saying that you bought McVader & McFett (both excellent choices), but what was the 3rd?

Haha, you're right!  The 3rd was a McHan I found a couple days ago, and I guess if I see a McChewie in the store again, I'll get it.  The McStarkiller and McSnowie really only showed up once, so I think I still have good chances there.  I don't think I'm going to seek out the Yoda/Obi-Wan, but the other 2 online ones... hmmm :P
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 10:39 AM »
Haha, you're right!  The 3rd was a McHan I found a couple days ago, and I guess if I see a McChewie in the store again, I'll get it.  The McStarkiller and McSnowie really only showed up once, so I think I still have good chances there.  I don't think I'm going to seek out the Yoda/Obi-Wan, but the other 2 online ones... hmmm :P

I've got an extra McChewie if you need it. Cost + shipping. LMK.
-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2007, 12:29 PM »
There are no Hasbro Sub-lines that I do not regret not buying. In recent years, the only three sub-lines I've passed on are: Force Battlers, Galatic Heroes, Star Wars Choppers.

I will continue to pass on Galactic Heroes. I will also be passing on Mighty Muggs.

I kinda wish I had passed on the Star Wars Transformers sub-line and the 2" Unleashed Sub-line, but I'm deep into collecting those now so I can't just stop (damn OCD).

I did feel regret earlier this year with the 3" Titanium Vehicles, I had not been getting those and in the past six months I have caught up to the point where I only need three of the four WalMart 5-packs and somewhere in the ball-park of 20 individually carded ships. I'm not in any rush to be 100% caught-up with these, so it's fun to try to pick up more when 3.75" figures are in a lull.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2007, 03:02 PM »
The Kenner Ewoks and Droids lines.  :-\

I passed on them in favor of more GI Joes back in the day, but I always kind of wished I had bought them.

I'm sure one day I'll eventually break down and finally chase them down...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2007, 07:13 PM »
I sometimes wish that I had decided to collect the titanium ships, but then I look at my star wars room and the negative available space and think that I made the right decision.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2007, 10:08 PM »
I regret not buying the GH. they look really cool and all but i just find $7.99 for these little guys to be a little expensive. same with the titaniums. i got 2 from a secret santa and relaized just how cool they are but lack of space tells me to hold off of them. :-\
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2007, 01:33 PM »
I can't go anywhere near GH.  I love them but I can't afford another line.  Everytime I see new ones, especially these exclusive sets w/ Jabba and the like, I frown.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2007, 02:56 PM »
I regret not buying the GH. they look really cool and all but i just find $7.99 for these little guys to be a little expensive. same with the titaniums. i got 2 from a secret santa and relaized just how cool they are but lack of space tells me to hold off of them. :-\

On the reverse, I actually regret collecting the GH sub-line.  I started with the second wave and it took me a while to go back and get the first wave.  I decided not to get the ships, but did want to get one of each figure, which isn't so bad with waves of four 2-packs at a time. 

Then came those massive Battle Packs. ::)  I don't mind getting a bigger chunk of figs at a time, but when most of the wave is all repeats, it really blows re-buying figures that you already have.  I bit on the first few of these, but have passed on the WM ones, which arguably have nicer, more new figures than their predacessors.  I'm also running out of room and suddenly have like a hundred of these things!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2007, 05:22 PM »
I wish I could afford to collect Galactic Heroes, but I don't regret not buying them.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!