Author Topic: TOO EXPENSIVE  (Read 2070 times)

Offline Sith Bounty Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hunting new figures daily
    • View Profile
TOO EXPENSIVE
« on: June 16, 2003, 11:58 AM »
I don't like the vintage figures for one and only one reason, since I collect carded figures, the vintage carded figures are too expensive. If anyone can find some good vintage carded figs for less than $100 please reply
Dont under estimate the power of a sith lord

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: TOO EXPENSIVE
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2003, 12:12 PM »
You could try just collecting ROTJ carded figures.  Most of those are under $100 and every figure in the line was made on a ROTJ card I believe except for the POTF with coin figures.  

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2003, 12:40 PM »
Yep, ROTJ carded figures can go for under $100. I'd list them but there are too many to mention. Just click this link & go to the ROTJ card backs & have a look at what was released.
12 back.com

Just check around & I'm sure you will find some nice carded examples on eBay.

The ones that are expensive are the 12 backs, ESB & POTF figures & the Boba Fett's. Unless you whan the Canadian Vacuform carded figures.    :o

Offline jcecil

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • www.jedicecil.50megs.com
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2003, 07:14 PM »
There are TONS of inexpensive carded figures for sale all the time.  And if you only want to consider figures under $100 than that still leaves you with, IME, a good majority of figures that are bought and sold.  Take a look at my collection (website in sig).  I won't say exactly what I paid but I will say that the AVERAGE price I paid for each of the figures is between 50 and 100.  And I've been pretty picky over the years.  And don't get me wrong, it's been ALOT of work, patience, research, and occasionally risk taking.

As long as your standards aren't ridiculously high it sounds like you could build a fantastic collection.    
« Last Edit: June 16, 2003, 07:17 PM by jcecil »

ONLY 1 MORE TO GO TO COMPLETE MY
COLLECTION OF 96!!!
www.jedicecil.50megs.com
Vintage Luke Pilot Collection, 8 so far

Offline Mike Mensinger

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2003, 08:58 PM »
As has already been mentioned, ROTJ carded figs are a good bet. Another option is to go for lesser condition carded figures from the other movies. If you aren't super picky you'll be able to pick up carded stuff cheaply. Even if you are picky, there are deals to be had with patience and effort. I definitely recommend watching Ebay auctions closely. You'll undoubtedly find high grade stuff fetching premiums on Ebay, but you'll also come across sweet deals from time to time as long as you are dilligent in your searches.

-Mike