Author Topic: CW Magnaguard Starfighter  (Read 9115 times)

Online Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
CW Magnaguard Starfighter
« on: December 29, 2007, 02:52 PM »
I wonder if Hasbro will make a version of it?

« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 05:48 PM by Jeff »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: IG-100 MagnaGuard starfighter?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 03:13 PM »
Interesting... that is an Utapau P-38 fighter - I wonder if that technology was claimed by the Separatist/CIS forces.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 03:13 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 01:12 PM »
I wonder if Hasbro will make a version of it?

It really depends on whether or not it's featured prominently in the series. It's a neat design and would add nicely to the small fleet of Seperatist vehicles we've gotten.

It looks like it comes with SBD lego mini-figs. It would be great if Hasbro made this that they worked it out so that a TAC Super Battledroid could pilot it.

My predicition for the Clone Wars toy line is that we'll get 3 - 4 mid-sized ($20 - $25 price point) vehicles. It would be cool if they make four and split the vehicles 50/50 between the Republic and Seperatist forces.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 03:30 AM »
Interesting indeed Jayson, how they "borrowed" one design for another...  If it's in the toon and utilized as the name suggests, does that mean the "Utapau Fighter" listing for the ship is out the window?  The ship, if I'm not mistaken, is tiny and made to be piloted only by the little Utapau guys that refueled Obi's ship...  It's not scaled for a large character like a Magna Guard or SBD to sit in it and drive it...  At least not that I recall from its description.

Clearly though, that's the ship and what its at least based on...  Very odd.

Lego seems to be going balls to the wall with ship designs, and really pushing the EU envelope.  Part of me hopes Hasbro's this daring, but at this point I'd be happier seeing some of the film designs that might show up get vehicles made (Snail Droid/Tank, etc.).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 11:43 AM »
The ship, if I'm not mistaken, is tiny and made to be piloted only by the little Utapau guys that refueled Obi's ship...  It's not scaled for a large character like a Magna Guard or SBD to sit in it and drive it...  At least not that I recall from its description.

For the sake of the discussion, here's the rundown on the P-38 from the "Complete Cross-Sections" book.  Of particular note is that, as you said Jesse, the pilot is one of the Utai (identified as "Utai Air Commodore Senin Vant" who "leads the bi-species Utapau Skyforce", possibly implying that the Pauans are also involved in the force).  That said, here is the "data file" for the ship:

Manufacturer:  Buuper Torsckil Abbey Devices
Make:  Porax-38 (P-38) Starfighter
Dimensions:  length 12.7m (41.7ft); width 12.88m (42.3ft); height 2.71m (8.9ft)
Max acceleration (linear, in open space):  3,300G
Max airspeed (in standard atmosphere): 61,000K (37,905mph)
Hyperdrive:  class 2; 3,000 light-year effective range
Consumables:  20 days air, fuel, and food
Crew:  1
Armament:  2 laser cannons

And before LFL sees me reprinting information from one of their books and sends me a cease and desist order, I recommend everyone go out and buy the "Complete Cross-Sections" book for information on the P-38 and all kinds of other ships from all six films. :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: January 2, 2008, 05:21 PM »
Yeah the inter-species bit implies the ship is large enough for a normal sized character...  So with that, I kind of hope Hasbro actually does do one...  Better than a JSF repaint for certain. :)  Would fit in the $20 pricetag if done to-scale too I believe, so it's one I could handle.

Better than the umpteenth variation of an Anakin fighter as well.  ;D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline smartsoccerbb

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 11:46 PM »
This was accidently confirmed at Hasbro's panel at Comic Con.

Online Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: IG-100 MagnaGuard starfighter.
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 07:19 PM »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: CW IG-100 MagnaGuard Starfighter
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 10:49 PM »
It's looking very cool!  Certainly more detailed than I had been expecting.  I'd really like to see it with a figure so that I can get a sense for it's scale.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 12:40 AM »
It's looking very cool!  Certainly more detailed than I had been expecting.  I'd really like to see it with a figure so that I can get a sense for it's scale.

If I'm not mistaken, it looks like a figure would fit in the cockpit.  This should be part of the $20 assault vehicle line based on that.  Looks pretty sweet to me!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 10:28 AM »
That does look VERY sweet. I'm hoping that they make it so the new Clone Wars Magna Guard can fit in the cockpit.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 10:43 AM »
I'm totally down for one of these. It's a very cool looking ship.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2008, 02:07 PM »
That does look VERY sweet. I'm hoping that they make it so the new Clone Wars Magna Guard can fit in the cockpit.

I'm more curious to see if the ROTS Grievous Bodyguard droids will fit in the cockpit.  I haven't put any of my CLONE WARS animated figures into my vehicles.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2008, 02:34 PM »
Looks great, and can't wait to get one.  The Super Vulture Droid looks awesome as well.  I hope that this will finally be a definitive version of the Vulture Droid, with solid construction and a decent transformation.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2008, 06:08 PM »
Very nice.  I'm thinking "exploding wings" for some reason.  The "wings" resemble speederbikes if I'm not mistaken.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN