Author Topic: Target Aayla Secura's Jedi Starfighter  (Read 48651 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Target Aayla Secura's Jedi Starfighter
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2008, 11:06 AM »
I think it looks much better in the box.  :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2008, 12:03 PM »
I picked this up today as was surprised how plain it is without the stickers (pre-applied or otherwise). Ther is no weathering to speak of either (scratches/blaster damage). Rather dissappointing for an "exclusive" - Hasbro really phoned this one in.  :-\

Well put, I thought the same thing. Hasbro really cheaped out on the deco, it needs decals and weathering really bad. They could have at least included some Republic symbol stickers.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2008, 11:35 AM »

Wow, what a turd.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2008, 09:16 AM »
Wow, without stickers or carbon scoring, it looks like it belongs in the animated line.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2008, 10:29 AM »
I saw this at Target last week (and this weekend), and they seemed to be selling fairly well.  I was tempted to pick one up, just because I'm a fan of this fighter design overall, but the shelves are getting plenty full of these the way it is - and the pics make it look sort of plain - so I left it on the shelf.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2008, 10:30 AM »
Wow, without stickers or carbon scoring, it looks like it belongs in the animated line.

There may be something to that – note the labeling on the instruction sheet underr the SW logo.  ;)

« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 10:31 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2008, 09:17 AM »
Interesting. Thanks for pointing that out.

These are moving slowly around here.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2008, 11:00 AM »
I didn't see any at the Target I was at yesterday.  I did see quite a few battlepacks and 4 GH Cinema Scene exclusives though.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2008, 11:28 AM »
Saw some more of all four Target exclusives last night on my way home from work.

All of them were set up on an endcap. Plenty of all four to be had. I hope picking up the Rancor and Order-66 2-packs will be this easy.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2008, 09:20 AM »
My son received this as a gift for his 4th birthday from one of his friends.  It just so happened that he was also getting the ROTS Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter from me...  When we opened them both up, the first words out of his mouth were, 'Daddy, where are the stickers for the blue one?'  The other bad part was that there's not an Aayla to be found on the pegs these days, so there's currently no one flying the ship as he and his brother search the galaxy for 'Jennifer Grievous'...  I was laughing for a while when they blurted that one out...

As Jayson pointed out, the Aayla JS is more than likely supposed to be from the Clone Wars, but it just looks strange sitting next to one of the ROTS starfighters.  I guess it's ok for a 4 year old, but I'm glad that I didn't spend the money on it.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 7, 2008, 04:11 PM »
These seem to be sitting a little more around here now.  Like before, I'm slightly tempted to grab one just because I'm a fan of this starfighter design, and I've basically grabbed all of them so far (aside from Anakin's green).  I'm trying to decide if I want to pick it up or not, but I'm wondering if I shouldn't wait for clearance.  I passed on the Kit Fisto and Plo Koon starfighters earlier, and those are a couple of my favorite "misc Jedi", and sometimes regret it.  I told my wife that someday our daughter will want her own girl Jedi w/fighter :P.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2008, 02:42 AM »
Brian, I'm in the same boat with you.  I have them all except for the Anakin Green and am teetering on whether to get this one now or wait until they go on clearance.  With my luck, they'll go on clearance and all disappear before I find one.  That's what happened when I waited for the Target TIE Bomber and AT-RT BP exclusives to go clearance.  However, I have seen these in much higher quantity than I ever did with the TIE Bomber and AT-RT BP.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2008, 07:06 PM »
I'd say save your money for the green Anakin fighter.  I have that one with a Saesee Tiin sitting in it (since he flew a green one in the Clone Wars cartoon).

I think with no stickers this thing's a waste...not even a sticker for the astromech it's going to look stupid next to the others.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2008, 03:29 PM »
I stopped by our Target today, and either they got another shipment of these or just cleared out the back room, but there was a ton of these out on the floor.  The endcap was packed full of them, and there was four more in the regular action figure aisle (actually, the only vehicle they have in the store right now).  I was tempted to get this, just because I like this starfighter design (and have the others), but at $20 and with the big vehicles this summer I passed.  If it hits a decent clearance price I might grab one though.  I'm more hopeful now after seeing so many today.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2008, 03:33 PM »
I think with no stickers this thing's a waste...not even a sticker for the astromech it's going to look stupid next to the others.

I dunno, I kind of like vehicles without stickers.  I rarely apply all of them... I wish that details like stickers were part of the paint job.

The astromech has his markings without stickers BTW, so it looks ok I think -