Author Topic: Galactic Republic AT-AT?  (Read 5280 times)

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Galactic Republic AT-AT?
« on: January 1, 2008, 06:45 PM »
Would anyone else want it if it wasn't just a repaint of the Imperial AT-AT?

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Galactic Republic AT-AT?
« Reply #1 on: January 1, 2008, 09:37 PM »
Well to tell you the truth i don't see MUCH as a difference in it besides having a more squared out body. Although i would love to have that AT-ST looking thing right beside it.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: January 3, 2008, 01:43 AM »
Want it?  No...  Only because I know scale's gonna be off and that's not my thing.

Now, I would be into an AT-XT there (the 2-legged one) if they made it.  That'd be one they could do proper scaled, and I'd be down for about 3 of them if that was the case.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 4, 2008, 09:35 AM »
Can't say I'd be into it, just too many big things. I feel lucky that we're getting the At-Te the way it is.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #4 on: March 7, 2008, 07:04 AM »
Well, the Republic version of the AT-AT is different enough from the OT version that throwing some burgundy paint on the existing sculpt wouldn't really cut it. Still, there have been a lot stupider repaints so I wouldn't blame Hasbro for trying it. I guess you could argue that it was a previously-unseen transitional version, the OT model still bearing Grand Army colors, from the very end of the Clone Wars.

A probably bigger issue is that it and the AT-TE toy are way out of scale with each other. Which is fine now since you don't need to put them together, but come out with a GAR AT-AT and you'd never be able to display them together like in Rune's picture.

« Last Edit: March 7, 2008, 07:05 AM by Nathan »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #5 on: March 7, 2008, 07:08 AM »
As a single-person vehicle, the AT-XT is definitely feasible in scale though. The thing is about the size of an AT-AP I think.

Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline JDH1173

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm not just a member, I'm also the owner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 10:41 AM »
I'm diggin the AT-XT.  Had not seen that before.  It would mostly be a re-tooled cab on an AT-ST.

Offline Connyr-Cimter

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 09:05 AM »
I am sorry but the AT-XT reminds me of a Zentradei Battle Pod.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 03:51 PM »
I am sorry but the AT-XT reminds me of a Zentradei Battle Pod.

What is that, and why are you sorry?
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008, 06:19 PM »
I'd prefer the AT-XT from the Clone Wars game, where it first appeared, and it's a tad smaller in height I believe.  Not that the drawings there are bad, they just imply a height greather than what the game's original design showed.  Taller than an AT-ST would be I believe, and this was the AT-ST's actual predecessor (not the AT-AP, or AT-RT, or AT-PT, or anything else...  2 legs does not equate evolution here).

As far as just a new cab on the AT-ST, I disagree there as well...  Not going into the fact the AT-ST's way short, there's a ton of differences in them I see visually that would make a simple cab retooling unsatisfactory to me.  Right off the bat the feet aren't the same between the two...  LEgs are much thinner on the XT too, though the "hip" joint arm looks to be similar.  The drive section seems to be built to the cab as well, and all of them seem to move somehow.  Just looking at that...  That or the cab is stationary and doesn't pivot.  I don't recall how it worked in the CW game now off-hand.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77