Author Topic: AT-AT or AT-AT?  (Read 4365 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: AT-AT or AT-AT?
« Reply #15 on: January 2, 2009, 05:07 PM »
So we are mostly saying At-At instead of spelling it out. Do you think that is because we are toy collectors and the toy commericals always said At-At? I'm seeing on other sites that younger people call it an A.T.A.T. while us old farts call it an At-At.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: January 2, 2009, 05:36 PM »
I've always called it an At-At before I really "thought" about it much.  I could easily see it being referred to in some fictional training session as an "A.T.A.T. class heavy Imperial Walker" or some **** too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 3, 2009, 11:03 AM »
So we are mostly saying At-At instead of spelling it out. Do you think that is because we are toy collectors and the toy commericals always said At-At? I'm seeing on other sites that younger people call it an A.T.A.T. while us old farts call it an At-At.

What other sites are you referring to where young people are saying it verbally different than we old schoolers do?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 3, 2009, 06:42 PM »
The Force.net
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 3, 2009, 08:54 PM »
Who really cares  ???    Not me.....
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 4, 2009, 12:35 PM »
I usually say at-at. Almost never A.T.A.T. Though what about "Snow walker?" That's what I called it for many years and on occasion still do.

Strangely though I call the AT-ST just that A.T.S.T. I think it's because it's easy to say at-at, but not at-st. Really, who would understand the "st" sound. Though I still call this a chicken walker on occasion as well.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline 12501

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 4, 2009, 03:38 PM »
I've always gone with "A.T.-A.T.". Not sure why, I suppose its just because that's how it's spelled....
"The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is Reason. I have never used any other, and I trust I never shall" - Thomas Paine, in his introduction to "The Age of Reason"

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 5, 2009, 12:27 PM »
As long as G. Lucas continues pronouncing Dough-koo, Geo-Gnaw-sis, Nay-boo, Hoth (rhymes with Both), Han (rhymes with Ran), and lightsaber (rhymes with lazer sword) despite what he directs his characters to say on screen, I don't think we have to worry much about it.

I like AT-AT though, for the record.

Lucas probably refers to them as "iron dinosaurs".

This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 5, 2009, 12:35 PM »
Walk-a-saurs?
I am not the Stig