Author Topic: 30AC "Battle on Mygeeto" Battle Pack  (Read 56245 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
30AC "Battle on Mygeeto" Battle Pack
« on: January 2, 2008, 05:26 PM »
Two NEW packs along with two old ones coming out this year:
Battle Pack Assortment - Wave 5 - May 2008
1x 87815 Battle on Mygeeto Battle Pack
1x 87788 Hoth Speeder Bike Patrol Battle Pack
1x Clone Attack on Coruscant
1x Betrayal on Bespin

http://www.4-inches.de/inhalt/home.htm

I'm VERY interested in seeing what is with each of these sets. I  might bite on these.

-Sal
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 10:39 AM by Jeff »
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Mygeeto and Hoth Speeder Bike Patrol Battle Packs!
« Reply #1 on: January 2, 2008, 07:47 PM »
Good Choices. The Mygeeto BP is obvious who is in it. Ki-Adi-Mundi, Bacara, 2 Galactic Marines. Maybe we will get an kit-bash Bacara with using the SA Clone body. The Hoth Speeder Bike Patrol sounds great, just has long it comes with 2 VTAC Snowtroopers but I think its an error because I think its the delay Hoth Patrol BP that comes with Luke, Tauntaun and Wampa that was announced at the Comic Con last year.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 2, 2008, 08:59 PM »
if these are VATC Snowtroopers packed in, I'll grab a couple.

I could always use more Vintage Anniversary Thirtieth Collection snowtroopers! JK.  ;D The Hoth pack sounds interesting. I will also probably end up buying the Mygeeto pack for my bridge diorama. I'm guessing the Mygeeto one will include Ki-Adi, two Galactic Marines, the crappy Bacara, and an octuptarra droid.

Yeah, I'm hoping for an Octuptarra droid in this as well. I don't really need anymore Galactic Marines as I have at least 24 of them and I certainly don't want another Bacara unless it's now SA.

There is that multilegged walker in the background that could be in the pack if this was an Ultra BP, but that's extremely doubtful.

The Hoth set would be interesting if it's a mishmash of a scout and snowtrooper.
I have to reserve judgment on these until I see some kind of visual evidence, but I'm leaning towards getting one of each.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 3, 2008, 09:29 AM »
The Mygeeto BP is obvious who is in it. Ki-Adi-Mundi, Bacara, 2 Galactic Marines.

Do we really need more Galactic Marines already?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 3, 2008, 07:11 PM »
Hmmm.  The Hoth set is certainly intriguing.  Especially if Hasbro decides to use the artwork from The Incredible Cross Sections as the basis for the troopers in that set.  But what kind of value would we get for this price point?  In a best case scenario, I would hope for 2 speeder bikes with riders and a VTAC Snowtrooper in this particular pack.

As for the Mygeeto set?  I'm fairly confident that we would get Ki-Adi Mundi in this set along with some Galactic Marines.  But the question marks for me are 2 possible figures for this set:  Commander Bacara and the Tri-Droid or Octuptarra Droid.

Commander Bacara is in SERIOUS need of resculpting.  It was a sub-par figure in 2005, and every other Clone Commander with that helmet that Hasbro has shipped has been equally sub-par.  I would very much like to see the SA Clone or Evolutions Clone retooled into a new Commander Bacara.  Doing that for this battle pack would be an excellent selling point with a collector base that's become rather smart and equally critical on articulation and sculpting.

As for the Tri-Droid or Octuptarra Droid?  It would be a logical inclusion in a Mygeeto battle pack, especially to depict this particular battle.  We don't see that many other droids in our brief glimpse into that battle.  But does Hasbro include a new figure like the Tri-Droid in this battle pack, and potentially impact sales of the basic figure?  I think that's another interesting question.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 3, 2008, 09:20 PM »
The Mygeeto BP is obvious who is in it. Ki-Adi-Mundi, Bacara, 2 Galactic Marines.

Do we really need more Galactic Marines already?

Well, if it has a softgoods kama like the upcoming Commander Keller or the VTAC Snowtrooper figures, I'd be in for this set.  Because the current kama on the Galactic Marine severely impacts the figure's posability.  Just do a side-by-side of the VTAC Snowtrooper with the Galactic Marine.  It's really a no-brainer move.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 4, 2008, 09:53 AM »
I don't mind the speederbike except for the handles. If they were the more accurate sideways ones then I'd be fine with the old one with the new handles and in this case painted white.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #7 on: January 4, 2008, 10:58 AM »
Neither of these sets really excite me. I can see myself picking up the Hoth set but who is included on the Mygeeto set really will determine if i pick it up.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: January 4, 2008, 02:12 PM »

« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 10:41 AM by Jeff »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #9 on: January 4, 2008, 02:20 PM »
Nice. Are these official? Hasbro hasn't said anything.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 4, 2008, 03:28 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: January 4, 2008, 02:40 PM »
So, it looks like the Mygeeto set is mostly repacks/repaints unless Baracca turns out to be a kitbash. (can anyone tell from that pic?)

The Hoth set defintely looks like kit-bashed pilots to me with the PotF2 sculpt bikes.  Pretty much in line with what folks here were guessing.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 4, 2008, 02:40 PM »
Those look pretty good, definitely hope to pick up the Hoth speederbike pack - glad to see those troopers.  Thanks for the pics Scott.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 4, 2008, 02:52 PM »
I think the Bacara is a kit bash.

Both sets look outstanding.  Thanks for the pics OCB.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: January 4, 2008, 02:57 PM »
So, it looks like the Mygeeto set is mostly repacks/repaints unless Baracca turns out to be a kitbash. (can anyone tell from that pic?)

If you look at Bacara's leg, you see it's bent at the knee slightly, which I agree with CHEWIE that it's probably a kitbash to get him more articulation (pretty simple custom most customizer's have done already).  The others are all repack/repaints by my estimation in that set, though the SBD may have the holes filled in?  Doesn't the comic SBD have the holes filled in on its chest? 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 4, 2008, 02:58 PM »
im in for both. their not exclusives are they?
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D: