Author Topic: 30AC "Battle on Mygeeto" Battle Pack  (Read 56251 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Mygeeto and Hoth Speeder Bike Patrol Battle Packs!
« Reply #15 on: January 4, 2008, 03:05 PM »
These both look great. I'll definitely be getting two openers of each set in addition to my MIB ones.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #16 on: January 4, 2008, 03:18 PM »
Finally, Battle packs that I can get excited about. These are great! Thanks for the pics.
 I will buy many Mygeeto just to get the Ki-Adi fodder alone. And the Octapurra Droid is already in a BP, it makes the standard $7 version not look so attractive anymore to army build with.

Does the Hoth set come with the AT-AT too? ;D A little skimpy, there should be at least one more figure in there, but still they are cool kit bashes & set.

Does anyone know is the Stap pack still on tap this year? I would buy two of those too.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #17 on: January 4, 2008, 03:23 PM »
Looks like all repacks in the Mygeeto set which i expected, pass for me. I may pick up the hoth set.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 4, 2008, 03:42 PM »
I think I said this before in the UPB threads, but I'm still amazed about how excited the majority of you are with a bunch of repaints/rereleases.  I'm still a carded & boxed collector at the moment so I'm looking forward to the presentation of these sets, but I just can't see the "wowy zowy" factor if I was an opener other than the fact that these are likely $20 bp's and I highly doubt that the majority of you are customizers..

These look like otherwise crappy sets with the exception of the Speederbike dudes and the larger droid.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 4, 2008, 03:47 PM »
I dunno - I guess we've just come to accept that repacks are a part of the line now.  And we'd rather see 5 repacked figures at $20.00 than seeing them individually for $6-$7 each. 

As long as battle packs come with good choices of figures and pack-ins, I'm all for them.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 4, 2008, 03:51 PM »
I dunno - I guess we've just come to accept that repacks are a part of the line now.  And we'd rather see 5 repacked figures at $20.00 than seeing them individually for $6-$7 each. 

As long as battle packs come with good choices of figures and pack-ins, I'm all for them.

Yeah, I have to agree with Chewie here.

While I'm a definite for the Hoth set however, the Mygeeto set may hold me back. It's a good set, but unless Bacara is way improved or SA well I might not get it. If he is though, I can readily absorb the rest of the figures as they are army builders, plus a Jedi for custom fodder.

We need some close up shots, specifically of the snowscouts and Bacara!

damn, I wish Hasbro wasn't being so tight lipped about this stuff. We already are finding out stuff they are prolly planning on releasing info about at ToyFare. So, it won't be new, just newish for detailed pics and such.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 4, 2008, 03:51 PM »
I think I'll pass on the Mygeeto set,  Baracca looks like he has new legs but it looks like someone forgot to finish painting his head.   Hopefully this is just a preproduction pic and they will catch it in production.   The Hoth Speeder set I will get even though they are just repaints and looks like no mod were done to them.  
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #22 on: January 4, 2008, 04:15 PM »
I think I said this before in the UPB threads, but I'm still amazed about how excited the majority of you are with a bunch of repaints/rereleases.  I'm still a carded & boxed collector at the moment so I'm looking forward to the presentation of these sets, but I just can't see the "wowy zowy" factor if I was an opener other than the fact that these are likely $20 bp's and I highly doubt that the majority of you are customizers..

Fair comments but the fact is they are $20 sets to wow at for the value.
 If you actually did open your figures & army build you might even be a little more jazzed about them. (I think you are underestimating how many of us do customize.) Getting a bunch of great figures for $20 can make you go wow when the figures rock. You have to open them and check out how good they really are, the plastic prison does not do them justice you are missing half your purchase. I put a lot of wow in the Mygeeto pack because every figures is great there are no weak ones like most BP's. I am very happy to see a non action feature Baccura, superb army builders & great custom Ki-Adi fodder in one set. And it even comes with the not yet released in the states Octapurra droid. So its not just a repack depending on the point of view. I will give that a WOW in my book.

I will give you that the Hoth set is nothing to jump up for but it still beats the hell out of getting shadow or action feature type figures that are just to dumb for words.
« Last Edit: January 4, 2008, 04:17 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 4, 2008, 10:06 PM »
So, it looks like the Mygeeto set is mostly repacks/repaints unless Baracca turns out to be a kitbash. (can anyone tell from that pic?)

If you look at Bacara's leg, you see it's bent at the knee slightly, which I agree with CHEWIE that it's probably a kitbash to get him more articulation (pretty simple custom most customizer's have done already).  The others are all repack/repaints by my estimation in that set, though the SBD may have the holes filled in?  Doesn't the comic SBD have the holes filled in on its chest? 
im not sure iof its been mentioned but if you look very closely it looks like the holes have not been filled in :(
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline manglord

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 5, 2008, 12:48 AM »
Can't wait to get my hands on these....Love the Hoth one for sure. 

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 5, 2008, 08:12 AM »
Yeah, I really like the Hoth set.  I can just pretend they were just off the screen like those mini-rigs in the vintage days.  For some reason the Hoth one fits into those scenes for me.  I ALMOST would not mind Lucas inserting a few those into the Hoth scenes....NAH!  Just kidding.

Mygeeto pack is kind of nice.   At least you get one of everthing.  There are plenty of Galactic Marines if you need more of those on the pegs...surprisingly.  I do think Bacarra will be an improved kit-bash.  The trick will be actually finding these packs.  Unless they are not exclusives?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 5, 2008, 09:33 AM »
Mygeeto set - crud, a "new" Bacarra as I feared and federation repaints. I'm gonna have to get this one.

Hoth set - despite the POTF2 bikes right down to the "T" bar and the mostly Bikerscout bodies, I'm still kind of geeking out over this set.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 5, 2008, 03:27 PM »
I'd pick up both if I saw them.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 5, 2008, 04:20 PM »
I didn't really think that one was worth $20 either.  :-\  At least it came with two "new" figures and was the first of its kind.  I wonder if the two troops will be identical?  If so, maybe I can live with just getting one loose and splitting the pack with someone.  ;)

I'm right there with you on this one. They Scout Troopers look cool, but the Speederbikes are a major bust. If you are looking for some one to go in halves, let me know ;).

I think the best of these two is the Mygeeto set, just wish I could see if Bacara as the articluation we all want on him. If it's just legs than it isn't much of an improvement. That would only fix part of the problem. His arms need the fix too.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 6, 2008, 12:43 AM »
I'm definately feelin' the Mygeeto set, so I'll work that into my collection and my 2008 budget. Tri Droid, SBD, and cardboard background are well worth the $20. The other stuff is just gravy.

The Hoth set I'm on the fence about. I would need two sets for my Imperial army due to all of my troop squads being multiples of four, so it might be easier and definately cheaper for me to just skip this set. Oh, I hate the speeder bikes as well.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2008, 12:43 AM by Greg »