Author Topic: 30AC "Battle on Mygeeto" Battle Pack  (Read 56246 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Mygeeto & Hoth Speeder Bike Patrol BPs
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2008, 09:37 AM »
I think one or two hit locally at TRU. I'll be waiting for them to hit Target myself.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2008, 11:02 AM »
Get this...

Several people over at 'Scum have claimed to have seen the Mygeeto BP at TRU, but none actually bought it. ::)

Not really surprising, I wouldn't pay $24.99 at TRU either.  This pack is worth about $10 to 15 for me.

This thing is definitely out though - it's not something we're all foaming at the mouth over.  I could take this or leave it.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2008, 11:46 AM »
I think one or two hit locally at TRU. I'll be waiting for them to hit Target myself.

Yeah - if I find them at Target, I will definitely grab them there and then return them using my TRU receipt.

My motivation for picking them up was pretty simple: What if I never see them again?

I know there's a good chance Target or WalMart will get them, but what if they don't? I picked up the one I did so I would have one in my MIB/MOC collection. I'm convinced that this battlepack will get re-released in the blue/white Saga packaging so if I don't find a set to open in the TAC packaging, I'm not overly concerned. I could definitely see Target and WalMart not ordering any more stock of the TAC Battlepack assortment.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2008, 01:05 PM »

Yeah - if I find them at Target, I will definitely grab them there and then return them using my TRU receipt.

Unless you're driving around with the Mygeeto battlepack and receipt in the car all the time when you make your runs, it's not even worth the gas to do this.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2008, 09:02 AM »

My motivation for picking them up was pretty simple: What if I never see them again?

When is the last time that happened though? That used to motivate me for the longest time with everything, but I learned that, with a few exceptions from a few years ago, I'll eventually find everything. Besides, I'm sure we'll see this again in Legacy packaging.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2008, 01:45 PM »
When is the last time that happened though?

Actually around me, this happens a lot. It also happens a lot with items that come out near the end of a line, specifically right before a packaging change.

Unless you're driving around with the Mygeeto battlepack and receipt in the car all the time when you make your runs, it's not even worth the gas to do this.

Well, I typically hit TRU and a Target either going to work or going home from work, so it's not that big of a deal, but with gas prices like they are, I understand where you're coming from.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2008, 10:55 PM »

Not really.  Most of us hit up Target or TRU or Wal-Mart at least a couple of times a week.  If you can find something in 90 days, you just have to put the old one in the car for your next trip and voila - no real extra effort to return it.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2008, 08:15 AM »
Okay, well if it's on your way to/from work, you're in luck  :)

If it's a 20 mile round trip like it is for me, it makes no sense.

For me, gas is starting to play a big role in my toy runs.  It's not that I can't afford the gas, it's that I can't see wasting a lot of money doing all these toy runs - when I used to be able to do it for a little money.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 6, 2008, 12:30 PM »
The Battle of Mygeeto BP is currently in stock at HTS, for anyone interested.  I don't know of any other promo code aside from pony10 (for 10% off), which brought the total to $22.83 for me - I can live with that with the gas prices what they are.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 6, 2008, 05:58 PM »
Found and passed on this at Target today.  Already have numerous Mundis, the Bacara is as simple of a custom as it gets, the Galactic Marine is a different color than the regular 30 AC issue and doesn't match them (looks weird) and the SBD and Tri Droid have too funky of a paint job.

A very easy pass.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 7, 2008, 08:19 AM »
The Battle of Mygeeto BP is currently in stock at HTS, for anyone interested.  I don't know of any other promo code aside from pony10 (for 10% off), which brought the total to $22.83 for me - I can live with that with the gas prices what they are.

I got this as well as the 4 new galactic Heroes sets on HTS (clone commanders and Jedi). Also squeezed in a Transformer into this order to.

Was nice to save a bit using the code.

Thanks Brian!

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 7, 2008, 05:22 PM »
Is the Galactic Marine more in the color of the one that came with the Battlefront set (darker scheme)?  I really like that version.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 7, 2008, 06:32 PM »
Is the Galactic Marine more in the color of the one that came with the Battlefront set (darker scheme)?  I really like that version.

Courtesy of RS:

Battlefront is in the middle, Mygeeto is on the far right.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 9, 2008, 01:58 PM »
Thanks Dressel... hmmm... not so sure I like that one.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 9, 2008, 08:43 PM »
Thanks Dressel... hmmm... not so sure I like that one.

Yeah - this new version just looks odd to me, I'm not quite sure why but I think a lot of it has to do with the light gray legs - the Mygeeto version of this figure just looks better with darker gray legs.
« Last Edit: June 9, 2008, 08:43 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter