Collectibles > The Clone Wars '08-'13

Clone Wars or The Force Unleashed?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Jeff:
It's not that hard for me to explain why I'd choose CW over TFU. 

First, like Jay just said, the Clone Wars was mentioned in ANH.  It fills in gaps using pieces we already knew - Obi-Wan and Anakin fighting together.  Meanwhile, TFU fills in gaps using a character we've never heard of... lame.  I always liked the idea of Vader personally handing the Jedi their asses and hunting them down.  Using "secret apprentices" and "dark jedi" to do most of the dirty work turns Vader from bad-ass Jedi hunter to corporate Empire boss -

"Hello Secret Apprentice.  What's happening? Uh… we have sort of a problem here. Yeah, you apparently didn't put one of the new coversheets on your Jedi Kill reports."   ::)

Also, the Clone Wars cartoon is filled with established main characters (Anakin, Obi-Wan, Palps, Padme, the Droids, the Clones, the Jedi, etc).  Meanwhile, the TFU game only has Vader, a minor Jedi (Shaak), and a bunch of made up characters.

Add in the fact that CW will be an on-going thing with a developing storyline vs. the "one-and-done" story of TFU and it's easy for me to care more about CW than TFU.  ;)

Brian:
Excellent points Jeff, and you really describe my feelings behind it better than I did in my earlier post.  As much as many of us complain about so many "main character" versions, I have to admit I'd probably be more excited about the Force Unleashed (or other EU type things) if it were based on characters I knew from the movies.  If Obi-Wan, or even Han/Chewie/R2/3PO/Fett/etc. were in the game/figure line, it would make a difference to me.  The same goes for a lot of EU stuff.  I don't necessarily get big into the Expanded Universe, but really like stuff like the Thrawn Trilogy, because it feels like more of a continuation of the movies to me.  The whole "canon" issue is debated a lot, but Clone Wars feels more "canon" to me (or more "Star Warsy") than TFU.

Matt:

--- Quote from: Jeff on January  4, 2008, 11:24 AM ---First, like Jay just said, the Clone Wars was mentioned in ANH.
--- End quote ---

Give it a few years, and the Force Unleashed will be mentioned in ANH, too.

Rune Haako:
Clone Wars

Reid:
Force Unleashed, just by a little.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version