Author Topic: TLC Millenium Falcon  (Read 231655 times)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Millenium Falcon Upgrade
« Reply #15 on: January 6, 2008, 12:39 AM »
I'll most likely buy this despite how it looks, mostly due to the fact that I don't own any of the earlier Falcons, so I might as well start with the most expensive version.

I'm going to be completely broke this year... I really need a full time job. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 6, 2008, 09:23 AM »
There are a few people over at scum that are claiming to have inside knowledge that this is just a re-tool. First, I can't vouch for these people's accuracy, but how on Earth can you add $100 to the price tag without making the thing bigger?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 6, 2008, 03:25 PM »
I agree Darth Anton.  Unless they are going to fill the whole thing with electronics and pack-ins?   I more than likely won't buy it if it's just a elaborate re-tool and new electronics.  We'll see I guess.  I won't be ashamed with their little warning about "you better buy it or Hasbro won't make anything big again."  Well make something brand new that justifies the price and maybe collectors will buy into it.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 6, 2008, 06:25 PM »
I'll most likely buy this despite how it looks, mostly due to the fact that I don't own any of the earlier Falcons, so I might as well start with the most expensive version.

I have five and I'd glady buy one more provided it's got some "upgrades"
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 6, 2008, 06:46 PM »
What if the thing turned out to be a large cross section playset and not an actual full ship? Would you still buy it?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 7, 2008, 12:04 AM »
What if the thing turned out to be a large cross section playset and not an actual full ship? Would you still buy it?

No, I doubt I'm buying this under any circumstance.  'Nuff with the Falcon, and everyone in it, for a long time.

Now the AT-TE, bring 'em on.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 7, 2008, 12:17 AM »
There are a few people over at scum that are claiming to have inside knowledge that this is just a re-tool. First, I can't vouch for these people's accuracy, but how on Earth can you add $100 to the price tag without making the thing bigger?

If they want to actually sell it, I don't think they can.  :-\  I can't imagine they could come up with enough electronics to justify the same size ship for $150.  At least not to me, anyway. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: January 7, 2008, 01:31 AM »

There's been a number of folks over there talking out their collective asses for quite a while...  The new ones aren't really all that "new". ;)  I'll take anything anyone's "claiming" with a grain of salt...  Hate to be that way, but there's just been an influx of people claiming they know this or that, and then turning out to know nothing, of late.
« Last Edit: January 7, 2008, 01:32 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 7, 2008, 03:07 AM »
There's been a number of folks over there talking out their collective asses for quite a while...

Totally, both on the boards AND by the staff. My favorite example is from a recent addition to the photo archive:

CLONE TROOPER
(Hawkbat Battalion)

Although it appears that the helmet is missing a black line on the front (as seen in other Clone Trooper helmets), closer inspection of the cartoon reveals that there isn't a stripe in the animation either!

Here's a screen shot from the cartoon which I found on the Wookiepedia...

If you look at the two flanking the lead clone, you can see that the black stripe is indeed present. On the lead clone if you look at the right side of his helmet (his right, your left) you will see that the black stripe is there, it appears to be absent from the front of the helmet due to the reflection of light from the gunfire.

A "closer inspection" indeed.
« Last Edit: January 7, 2008, 03:08 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 7, 2008, 06:42 AM »
oh wow. I didnt even notice that. good eye man!
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 7, 2008, 09:03 AM »

Sure, nothing wrong with a full on playset.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 7, 2008, 09:07 AM »
If retail price is indeed $150 (heck, even $100) then we're talking a price 3 or 2 times more than previous incarnations of the thing than many or most collectors already have.  That's just too much cost for it to be the same thing but with better electronics or more pack-ins.  Since the AT-TE is being released at a similar time (an all-new mold), it seems to me that Hasbro wouldn't disrespect the most iconic vehicle of the saga by releasing the old tool.  I'm cautiously optimistic about this- it could be a fantastic toy!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 7, 2008, 09:20 AM »
I'm really excited about this possibility as well.  The Falcon has always been my favorite, and I've been hoping for an upgrade eventually.  Like others have mentioned, I don't see how they can triple the price without making it larger (or really, an all new ship).  If it is new, I'm definitely hoping to pick one up.  I always wanted the last improvement (with the light up engines), but couldn't afford it at the time.  This time, I'm looking to save up so I can hopefully pick this up.  If this and the AT-TE are both on the way this year though, yikes.  Its going to be quite an expensive year (again).

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 7, 2008, 11:49 AM »

Yes, and in fact, I think I'd like it better that way.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 8, 2008, 09:22 AM »
I was just thinking about this yesterday, and wasn't the reason the VOTC Han Solo (ANH) was removed from the Fan's Choice voting is that he was coming out "in another form" next year?  I know we speculated it was in a battle pack or something (and maybe that is the case), but perhaps he is a pack in with this pricey new Falcon.  Maybe they will go the Ultimate Battle Pack-type route and pack a retooled Falcon with a VOTC Han, EB Chewie, VOTC Leia, VOTC Luke, etc.   Probably not, but maybe the Han is a pack in.  If it is indeed $150, its going to have to have more than pack in figures, and actually, its going to have to be pretty much all-new to sell at that price I would think.