Author Topic: TLC Millenium Falcon  (Read 231634 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Millenium Falcon Upgrade
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2008, 09:36 AM »
I'm in the same boat as you guys.  As much as I'm looking forward to something like this (and I hope it is indeed coming sometime in the future), I was sort of relieved when I saw it wasn't on the way this year.  I'd really like to pick up an AT-TE, and the rest of the line looks pretty spiffy too (plus exclusives, comic packs, the smaller vehicles, etc.) so there's more than enough to try to save up for the way it is.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2008, 09:47 AM »
While I'm bummed it's not coming out, I can understand everyone else's relief.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2008, 04:15 PM »
While I'm bummed it's not coming out, I can understand everyone else's relief.

Ditto.
This will give me time to sort through my collection to see what can be thinned out to make room for all of this crap, it getting tough to army build. I really want two of the AT-TE's but I have a feeling only one will be opened and the other will stay boxed until we move. If the Falcon were coming I would make the room in a heartbeat!

Hopefully we will get some news on it come SDCC time.

My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2008, 10:21 AM »
Time to fire up the Falcon rumormill again.  I saw this over at the other site in the forums.  http://jedinews.co.uk/  It's going to get expensive this year if the following pans out. 

Also there is a poster ROTSToys who apparently has some info regarding it as well.  Anyway you can read it all in this link...  http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2962681&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=9&vc=1
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 10:23 AM by Darth Broem »

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2008, 11:00 AM »
Did anyone catch the reply on sir steves Q & A about the falcon.
They can't comment about something that may be in a retailer's stratagy plan.
Like the UBP of last year or something that may be in the works for this year.

Hasbro: We have no comment on anything to do with a Millenium Falcon item, other than to say that it is not our policy to comment on certain rumors especially as they pertain to items that may appear in the Target (or any other retailer's) computers. Often, there is a reason for this secrecy because some items may be part of that retailers promotional tactics such as the Ultimate Battle Packs at Target. Whether or not there is another such concept in development will not be commented upon for this reason.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 11:03 AM by ctonra »
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2008, 11:04 AM »
I'm both excited and scared by this :).  Going by more of this retailer information, and Hasbro's cryptic answer at SSG, it really sounds like this might be a possibility for this year.  If so, I'm surprised, because it seems like a lot for Hasbro to put out one $100 vehicle (AT-TE), let alone two in the same year.  Big risk on their part I would guess.

I just hope we can get some confirmation one way or the other so we can plan for it.  Unfortunately, it looks like it could be another "no comment" type thing right up until its released, like the Shuttle and UBPs.  If its an all-new Falcon, packed along with a VOTC Han and EB Chewie, its going to be tough for me to pass up.  I might have to start looking into selling off stuff so I can afford it.  Trouble is, I don't have one of those carded collections to part with like some of you.  Either that, or I'll have to pass on other stuff to get this.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2008, 11:12 AM »
What happened to the comments by Hasbro at TF to the effect that if you didn't see it here I won't be coming out this year?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2008, 11:35 AM »
It's going to be a looooong summer if they keep up this "no comment" stuff, especially after saying "not this year" at Toy Fair.  :-\

At this point it could be anything really....
- Maybe it was indeed planned for 2008, but then pushed back?
- Maybe the Falcon is in the new cartoon and it's a huge spoiler to tell us about it at this point?
- Maybe they are being coy to give us something to talk about from now until 7/26?
- Maybe they want to leave a big surprise for SDCC?

Time will tell I guess...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2008, 12:30 AM »
What happened to the comments by Hasbro at TF to the effect that if you didn't see it here I won't be coming out this year?

I stopped trusting Hasbro after they told us that the Imperial Shuttle would be limited to 5,000 and would only be available at FAO Scwartz for that limited time.  I was a broke college kid and I shelled out something like $155 to get one shipped to me from Orlando.

A year or so later they were at Kaybee for $60.   >:(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2008 Millenium Falcon Upgrade?
« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2008, 01:18 AM »
Well since the DPCI # we leaked, I think it's been a pretty solid lock it was coming personally...  It'd be pretty odd for Target to put a # in the computer and not have something coming out to accompany that number...  So I'm not personally surprised by this. 

Whatever Hasbro had planned was the question...  JedinewsUK says they've seen something on this semi-concrete and that falls in line with the price.  I'm not sure I'll buy it personally as I'd really need to be wow'd by it I think, but still a new Falcon has to be a big deal to the majority of the collecting world if it's something big/special ala the AT-TE.

Sounds neat enough.  Good for...  well, everyone I guess?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2008, 02:52 AM »
I stopped trusting Hasbro after they told us that the Imperial Shuttle would be limited to 5,000 and would only be available at FAO Scwartz for that limited time. 

Great point.  That's the first time I can recall them giving us false information like that, but it hasn't been the last time... sure, things can change, but you know there are times when they knowingly mislead the fans.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2008, 10:00 AM »
Back on this year's slate again? I'll have to file that under - believe it when I see it, but I kind of want it this year.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 8, 2008, 08:07 PM »
Anyone been to Galactic Hunter today yet?
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 8, 2008, 08:07 PM »
Wowzers, courtesy of Galactic Hunter - a pic of the new Falcon apparently.  EDIT: Oops, Adam beat me to it. :)
« Last Edit: April 8, 2008, 09:01 PM by Brian »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #104 on: April 8, 2008, 09:04 PM »
Holy ****.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird