Author Topic: TLC Millenium Falcon  (Read 232142 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Millenium Falcon Upgrade?
« Reply #150 on: April 9, 2008, 02:10 PM »
I don't think this is going to be an exclusive... not being an all new sculpt.  But, who knows.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 9, 2008, 02:12 PM »
Wow, what a thing of beauty.

She's definitely got it where it counts!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 9, 2008, 02:20 PM »
This would have been right up FAO's alley and they would have probably charged double provided they didn't go bankrupt.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #153 on: April 9, 2008, 02:21 PM »
I agree that if Habso wants to be the ones to reveal this stuff, they can't be so sectretive.  They need to post pictures and info and say  "NOT FINAL PRODUCT" in the photos so that if changes occur, it's not thier issue.  The real question is, when is this thing coming out?  The AT-TE will be the big Fall toy.  And they can't relase this in winter, so will it be next summer (09?)

I aslo think that Hasbro is starting to get a better understanding of what peple will spend for quality stuff, and I think that the Master Replicas lightsabers, selling well at TRU for 120.00, are giving them some courage to create some pricier items.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 9, 2008, 02:48 PM »
Yeah - there's a market for higher priced items - Sideshow, MR, etc. all have proven that.  There's been some pushback from some collectors it seems who think that big items like this aren't on Hasbro's agenda, but I think we're starting to see a new strategy towards larger items from Hasbro - and a welcome one at that.  IF these two items do well enough, we COULD see them experiment with a large playset or two... it can happen folks... it can happen!

Regarding the AT-TE being a Fall release, I thought it was coming out on July 26?

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 9, 2008, 02:51 PM »
July is fall to the mass retailers.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 9, 2008, 02:54 PM »
I really don't think there is such a thing as an unauthorized leak. If a site shows an upcoming product that is nicely photographed with a white background, then the picture came from Hasbro and was given to the web site. Hasbro wants to know what you think about the product without making an official annoucement.  Your comments help them determine if this thing should or shouldn't be released and what should be changed on it. If you hate it, then they don't have to do damage control because the picture was "leaked". Also, watch what you say about price. They are listening.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #157 on: April 9, 2008, 02:56 PM »
Someone is getting fired over this leak. I have a friendly Hasbro connection and from what I heard they are not happy. At least they know the fan reaction is good. I cannot wait to see more pictures. There showpiece for SDCC is up in smokes, this was suppose to be there big unveil.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 9, 2008, 03:02 PM »
I can see the point of almost feeling sorry for Hasbro that this got leaked, but I'm also not complaining becuase I'm happy to see it.  If they would be a little more forthcoming with their news releases on their site, it would help alleviate a lot of these leaks I would think.  Heck, if it wasn't for the rumors reports and everything, I don't think we'd know of anything outside of Toy Fair and Comic Con.

I'm wondering when this will be released.  If this was to be their big reveal for SDCC, maybe it will indeed be a 2009 item.  I'm probably looking forward to this as much as anything in the modern line (along with the time we first saw the VOTC line unveiled), but it would probably serve me (and others) better if it was out next year since July to Dec of this year is so packed the way it is.  Plus, as mentioned, with the AT-TE and likely some more Ultimate Battle Packs, there's a lot of bigger ticket items on the way this year.  That said, if its out this year, I'll figure out a way to pick this up - even if it means passing on other things :).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 9, 2008, 03:08 PM »
A few more updates from the blog at GH:

-retractable landing gear, so it stands taller than a tall figure (say Chewie)
-Price unknown at this time
-Overall size is over 2 1/2 feet long
-docking ring is hinged for a vehicle (not an escape pod) to dock
-small gray button above canopy apparently activates lights and sounds in the canopy
-release date guess is late this year

A few more details at the blog.

Boy if all this stuff holds true, this is going to be one heck of an item.  It sounds like they went all out with this, similar to the AT-TE.  Hopefully both will do well, and we'll see more of this in the future.  I guess this could be a Christmas-time item, if the AT-TE is in the fall, but man - that's still a heck of a budget crunch for the 2nd half of the year :).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #160 on: April 9, 2008, 03:14 PM »
For the record as well...

When we broke the DPCI # for the Millenium Falcon here on the site, it was a full number with name.  The name's been removed, however the number still works and just lists the price now.  The name's replaced with "TBD 13"...

I'd be hard pressed to imagine an all-new tooling of a Falcon would be exclusive, especially at $150.  Not that stranger things haven't happened, it just seems really odd.  Either way though, the DPCI never left Target's system, someone just took the name down. ;)

So now we have numbers, pictures, and at least we know it's at one store...  Imagine asking the employee to bring you that from the back though?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 9, 2008, 03:19 PM »
Heh heh... isn't this whole topic just awesome!   ;D

I'm thinking if a pic has already leaked here in April, that we'll be seeing this late in '08.   :)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 9, 2008, 03:31 PM »
Imagine asking the employee to bring you that from the back though?

Imagine all the bitching we're going to be hearing when everybody tries to do this and gets knocked down.  I'm glad I live in the land of Target   :)

I'm thinking if a pic has already leaked here in April, that we'll be seeing this late in '08.   :)

That's what I'm thinking too, but Hasbro should know better as there's already way too much stuff coming out this Fall + the unknown UBPs and what not that we don't know about yet.  I am very excited about owning this piece, but I would hope that they're not planning on shooting themselves in the foot because there's already enough on our plate this year.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 9, 2008, 03:39 PM »
Heck, if it wasn't for the rumors reports and everything, I don't think we'd know of anything outside of Toy Fair and Comic Con.

I think that's the point.  To keep the fan base hungry.  When everything is leaked early in the year, there's nothing to keep the collectors excited in regards to news and anticipation.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 9, 2008, 03:45 PM »
Heck, if it wasn't for the rumors reports and everything, I don't think we'd know of anything outside of Toy Fair and Comic Con.

I think that's the point.  To keep the fan base hungry.  When everything is leaked early in the year, there's nothing to keep the collectors excited in regards to news and anticipation.

I can see that too.  I just miss the days when Hasbro's site actually had "news".  I think I've mentioned it before, but I'm pretty sure the first time we actually saw any of the VOTC was when Hasbro released the news on their site.  We may have heard rumors of them, but as far as actually pics and all that, I'm pretty sure that's the first place I saw them.  I don't mind if Hasbro keeps a few things under wraps for the major conventions, but its nice to have some sprinkles throughout the year - especially with this big lull coming up with the wait for July 26.