Author Topic: TLC Millenium Falcon  (Read 232158 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: 2008 Millenium Falcon Upgrade?
« Reply #255 on: April 11, 2008, 02:17 PM »
I'll be very curious to see the next round of Q and A responses (because you know they'll get questions on this) regarding this Falcon.  We've gotten a DCPI, price, release date info, front and back box pictures, and a nice hi-res loose shot of this - is Hasbro still going to deny it?  Also, if it isn't an exclusive (which would be surprising anyways), and it is coming in July, why are they being so hush-hush about it.  Obviously, almost everyone is excited about this, and with an item this big (and pricey), you would think it might be a good idea to get the word out about it.  We all like this Hasbro, and want to buy it, just tell us about it "officially" already :).

I couldn't agree with you more. It's not like we can or would do anything to them if they continued to deny it, but come on.... With all of this evidence, if they were a criminal put to trial, they'd have been found guilty the moment it went to the jury for a verdict.

What if the "evidence" was ill-gotten? Would said "evidence" be admissible by the prosecution in your fictional toy trial?  :P

Da dum dum..... da dum dum....
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 02:18 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 11, 2008, 02:45 PM »
I'll be very curious to see the next round of Q and A responses (because you know they'll get questions on this) regarding this Falcon.  We've gotten a DCPI, price, release date info, front and back box pictures, and a nice hi-res loose shot of this - is Hasbro still going to deny it?  Also, if it isn't an exclusive (which would be surprising anyways), and it is coming in July, why are they being so hush-hush about it.  Obviously, almost everyone is excited about this, and with an item this big (and pricey), you would think it might be a good idea to get the word out about it.  We all like this Hasbro, and want to buy it, just tell us about it "officially" already :).

I couldn't agree with you more. It's not like we can or would do anything to them if they continued to deny it, but come on.... With all of this evidence, if they were a criminal put to trial, they'd have been found guilty the moment it went to the jury for a verdict.

What if the "evidence" was ill-gotten? Would said "evidence" be admissible by the prosecution in your fictional toy trial?  :P

Da dum dum..... da dum dum....

Well since this isn't a court of law, those rules do not apply herein.

The info was leaked that we all know of and not ill-gotten.  But the fact remains for Hasbro to pony up and say if it's real or not.

Problem is they will deny everything like this as they've done in the past, only find 6 months later said item becomes a reality.

Since we know it takes a year or better to bring something to market, if we see the Bad Mother Falcon ANY time this year, then we know they are lying. It wont really change anything other than we just will keep not believing what Hasbro says and will continue to bug the hell out of them for answers to our questions.

The ship and package looks way to genuine to be fake. If it were, I'd have to seriously tip my hat to the person(s) responsible for the biggest joke on SW fans ever.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 11, 2008, 03:02 PM »
I have all but stopped collecting...but I am so getting this!

Me too.  It may be the only OT item available this year...gotta support the "sub-line".

I am proud of Hasbro for keeping a secret personally.  Good for them. 

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #258 on: April 11, 2008, 03:03 PM »
The info was leaked that we all know of and not ill-gotten.  But the fact remains for Hasbro to pony up and say if it's real or not.

Just to clarify I wasn't implying that the images and info was ill-gotten (hence the "What if" in my post) - if it was, it would have been pulled long ago.

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 11, 2008, 04:11 PM »
<snip>
2. I HIGHLY doubt this will be out in July, otherwise we would have heard something. No way Hasbro would sneak something like this onto the shelves.
<snip>

That big wings white TIE Fighter went from rumor to available at a Toys "R" Us on my way to work in no time flat.  This is really impressive to see them pull off.

Hasbro absolutely can sneak something by the collector community if they have partners which can keep their mouths shut in the world of retail, and Target's a freaking open book.  If it weren't for the pictures at Galactic Hunter (or some other toy site if we just didn't happen to have them) and Target's ridiculously open systems, it's entirely possible this could have made it to retail under the radar.  Unlikely, given the size, but certainly Hasbro has proven that it is possible.

...in 1996, nobody saw what POTF2 Dagobah Luke looked like until it hit Hong Kong about 2-3 weeks before the USA.  (We knew it was coming though, there just weren't any photos until final packaged product surfaced.)   It was a pretty big deal then, too, as aside from these two items, I can't name something that basically went from a mystery to part of my collection in such a short period of time.  Hasbro and the toy media together rarely can keep a secret.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #260 on: April 11, 2008, 05:19 PM »
I'm interested in seeing the "belly" of the BMF. In that rear inset photo on the back of the box, there seems to be a large protrusion there - probably to make room for the electronics and the hidden smuggling compartments. But I was curious to see if there is another quad cannon and the small gun that drops out and blasts the Snowtroopers during the escape from Echo Base.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 11, 2008, 06:45 PM »
I'm interested in seeing that rear large protrusion there

:P Watch yourself Jayson with the misquote your fellow JD'er in the Watto Junk area.   ;D
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #262 on: April 11, 2008, 09:43 PM »
I like big butts and I can not lie...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 12, 2008, 10:06 AM »
Too bad the new Falcon still doesn't have a belly gun.

I was commiserating over the same thing.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #264 on: April 12, 2008, 10:12 AM »
Maybe we should ask Hasbro why they need to be secretive.  There might be a really good, concrete reason.  Maybe if they were still in talk about it being a possible exclusive, they couldn't discuss it.  They're not evil, they're just a big business that is trying to please many diffferent groups of people.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 10:50 PM by speedermike »
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 13, 2008, 10:41 AM »
I think they've claimed it's because they want to keep excitement high throughout the year by releasing things slowly, and just in case something falls through we don't all protest and burn down their offices  ::).  I think that's dumb, and frankly I think they'd strengthen customer loyalty by letting us in sooner.

It may be the only OT item available this year...gotta support the "sub-line".

Great statement.  Never thought I'd see the day where OT WAS a sub-line  :'(
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 13, 2008, 10:51 AM »

Just to clarify I wasn't implying that the images and info was ill-gotten (hence the "What if" in my post) - if it was, it would have been pulled long ago.

no worries
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 14, 2008, 09:18 AM »
I think they've claimed it's because they want to keep excitement high throughout the year by releasing things slowly, and just in case something falls through we don't all protest and burn down their offices  ::).  I think that's dumb, and frankly I think they'd strengthen customer loyalty by letting us in sooner.

I agree. With all the EU stuff coming out, my interest is collecting is waning. I need something to look forward to.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 14, 2008, 10:21 AM »
Look at it this way, if you knew what figures were coming out over the next 18 months would you buy the first very expensive release of the figure or wait until the second cheaper release comes out?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 14, 2008, 12:58 PM »
I think part of the reason this wasn't officially announced is because they want us to spend our money on Indy figures first.  That's my reasoning as to why so little new Star Wars product will be even released the next few months.