Author Topic: TLC Millenium Falcon  (Read 232137 times)

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Millenium Falcon Upgrade?
« Reply #270 on: April 14, 2008, 01:16 PM »
Look at it this way, if you knew what figures were coming out over the next 18 months would you buy the first very expensive release of the figure or wait until the second cheaper release comes out?

I'm not sure I understand, Phrube.  The only example I can think of are a few of the vintage-styled going into the Legends waves or into battlepacks, and that's usually later than a year or two not to mention only a fraction of the product lineup.  I personally don't expect Hasbro to show us every stage of the development process, but as soon as completed pics are approved by Lucasfilm, we should be shown imediately  :-*.  How long will it be from those GH pics surfacing that Hasbro will admit to making it?
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 14, 2008, 01:52 PM »
Daigo-Bah,  You got to rememeber that above all esle Hasbro is a Business!  Competing with other toy companies and even other Star Wars Licencese holders competing for your dollars (YES THEY WANT YOUR MONEY) and the dollers of the consumers (with short attention spans) Myself included.  Many times companies hold info back to keep competitors from knowing what they got in the pipeline, or for marketing plans that may be in motion,  And to get you to buy what is on the shelf today.   If you have ever worked for a Corperation, think about how many layers of Managers. VP's, Directors and Presidents there are and all The BS redtape you need to go through to sharpen a pencil, now add in if they are working with other Comapanies to bring you those products.  how much waiting for simple answers when each department needs to sign off on it.  Now if someone throughs in a date and says MUMS the word until DATE X.  reguardless of if the product is ready to ship.  Guess what we MUM.   to give you an example I work for a garment company that sells to imprintables and promotions that has six warehouses across the US.  with more BS redtape then you could even imagine.  When ever a new catalog comes out, it is like I am holding the holy grail.  No one can see it, We don't have them for customers, they need to be held until date x and all warehouse must have them ship on the same date so that no one customer receives it too early.  (yet the guys on the loading dock look throught as they move em). And for what the next seasons wearables?  It is all because they do not want people and compeditors knowing what we as a company is planning,  I receive truck loads of merchandise that sits for months they no one outside the company can see.   All this for T-shirts, sweat shirts and work uniforms. 

Sure Habro is the only company selling Star Wars figures so who cares if everyone knows what is coming out.  well Star Wars is competing with evey toy out there for your Money and the money of every kid.  As well as Electronic, games, DVD, CD, Crack, Comic books,. and evey business needs to keep an edge to survive.   Just look at us we find out the we "Might" be getting a NEW BMF Falcon and we are all ready wonder what we are getting next the Sail Barge or Turbo Tank.   these two haven't even hit retail yet.   
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 14, 2008, 06:37 PM »
MSRP is $229.99.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 14, 2008, 06:56 PM »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 14, 2008, 07:19 PM »
Here's the info my distributor got from Hasbro:

Measures over 2 1/2-feet long!
* Includes Han Solo and Chewbacca action figures!
* Electronic lights and sounds!
* Firing rockets!
* Secret smuggling compartments!
* Medical bay!
* Light-up dejarik table!
* Lightsaber training probe!
* Bonus mini-fighter vehicle!
* Canopy seats 4, room for 18 figures!

Ships happen! The fastest ship in the galaxy, the Millennium Falcon has amazing speed and firepower that helped the Rebel Alliance defeat the Empire in numerous batteles including Yavin and Endor. Piloted by Han Solo and Chewbacca, the Falcon packs powerful secrets and special modifications inside and out - and they all came in handy on that fateful day when Han and Chewie agreed to fly Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, R2-D2, and C-3PO to Alderaan and ended up battling the evil Empire for the first time. As Han Solo says, "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid." Ages 4 & up, requires 3 "AA" batteries, not included.

This set includes 2 action figures. Han Solo, pilot of the Millennium Falcon, is here in all his gear as a pilot. The figure has gloves, a communications headset, a working holster, and all the articulation you need to get this ship halfway across the galaxy! He's joined by Chewbacca, his hairy first mate, who is armed with his giant bowcaster. (Collectors may recognize Han Solo from the 2007 30th Anniversary Collection figure, and Chewbacca from the 2005 mail-away Early Bird Kit release.)

When it's all said and done, this massive toy-- a perfect gift for fans of any age-- includes 6 firing missles, 2 action figures, a mini-fighter vehicle, and more action features than any Star Wars toy vehicle ever made.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 07:20 PM by JayDouble »

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 14, 2008, 07:21 PM »
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 14, 2008, 08:28 PM »

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 14, 2008, 08:39 PM »
MSRP is $229.99.

Is that Canadian or AUS Dollars?

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 14, 2008, 10:12 PM »
MSRP is $229.99.

whats that?

Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price.

Interesting. If thats what it comes out to then I am defiantly NOT buying this item. Time to cross my fingers and hope its $150 in the end. :-\
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 14, 2008, 10:39 PM »
Yeah, that would be ridiculous.  Half that amount is till a touch high.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 15, 2008, 08:31 AM »
I won't believe that price. It's not much bigger than the AT-TE. Even with all the bells and whistles we could ever want I can't believe that it would cost $130 MORE than the AT-TE. Iconic vehicle or not, exclusive or not, every shread of evidence that's been presented about this has it selling for $150 retail or less.

Perhaps this is your distributor's price JayDouble.

I'm going to call an e-tailer I frequent, to see if he's got the price locked down. I'll report it back here when I get that info.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 15, 2008, 09:06 AM »
I think part of the reason this wasn't officially announced is because they want us to spend our money on Indy figures first.  That's my reasoning as to why so little new Star Wars product will be even released the next few months.

That's a great bit of reasoning. I'd buy that as an explanation any day.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 15, 2008, 09:23 AM »
I really hope that the price isn't approaching $230, that's starting to get steep.  $150 is bad enough, although it does look to be worth it.  As others have mentioned, as cool as the Falcon looks from pics, it doesn't look $130 better than the AT-TE.  I'd really like to get this ship either way - whatever price might turn out to be - but if it is $200 or above, I'm either going to have to skip quite a bit of other stuff or start selling lots of stuff.  There's no way I can see the Mrs. giving the "ok" to a $200+ toy :).  Plus, $200 or more might be pushing it if they want to sell to parents for holiday gifts as well.  I know that gift spending seems to have gone way up these days, but that might be a bit much.  They'll look at that and think "well, we can just get Timmy a Wii for that price". ;)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 15, 2008, 09:35 AM »
I guess I could see $230 if you consider they did okay with the 'real pony' at that price. 

Problem is the size isn't there if you compare the two toys.

This will be a disaster at that price IMO.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 15, 2008, 10:21 AM »
There is no way I can justify $230 for this ship. It's bad enough I have to find space for it but like Brian said, I'd rather go buy a Wii.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours