Author Topic: TLC Millenium Falcon  (Read 233325 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: TLC Millenium Falcon Upgrade
« Reply #330 on: April 25, 2008, 12:32 AM »
As cool as the AT-TE looks, the Falcon wins hands down for me.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #331 on: April 25, 2008, 09:18 PM »
It's Official.  :)

Straight from Hasbro, via the Q&A this week:

The elephant in the room:
Can we say we held back confirmation because we really couldn't believe it ourselves that it was happening, and didn't want to dash hopes if it somehow fell through? No? OK then, it is time to come clean. As most people have seen by now, pictures did get leaked of what we were hoping would be the biggest secret we ever held onto - the massive, new 3-3/4" Millennium Falcon. We can confirm that it *is* real, and it *is* spectacular! Please trust us when we say that our intentions were truly in the right place - we wanted to surprise fans everywhere with the biggest secret we had ever tried to hold back leading up to the massive 7/26 launch date for Clone Wars/Legacy. We do expect the first availability to be 7/26 at the same time as everything else. We have been working against a reveal plan, including a world debut in Wired Magazine (June issue, on sale in May!), followed by some very key celebrity reviews and additional exposure prior to the public debut at Comic Con. At least that was our intention...with something like this, as big as it is, and as intense the interest is in Star Wars, it proved impossible to hold. Look for additional details to roll out as per the schedule above, and look forward to the full public debut at Comic Con.

Yes!   ;D
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 25, 2008, 09:27 PM »

We can confirm that it *is* real

I don't believe it.  ;)

Hmm, put the full quote in there
We can confirm that it *is* real, and it *is* spectacular!
and it appears they have been watching a bit much Seinfeld.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 26, 2008, 12:22 AM »
Kudos to Hasbro for not trying to deny its existence and instead relish the chance to let us know when we can see it in stores.  July 26th is going to be one hell of a great day!

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 26, 2008, 12:52 AM »
any one else bummed about the ****** looking underside that can be seen on the new picture on scum?
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 26, 2008, 12:58 AM »
I'm really pleased with how they worded that statement.  They almost forgave whoever it was that leaked the pic because of the coolness of the item!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #336 on: April 26, 2008, 12:01 PM »
Jangotat---I noticed that too.  Not only is it oddly shaped, but it looks very undetailed.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Resurrection Bob

• Youngling
  • All new likeness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 26, 2008, 02:02 PM »
I think that's there for two big reasons: 1) To accommodate the fun smuggling compartment action feature, and possibly more importantly, 2) To give the huge thing something more to rest on than a few tiny bits of retractable landing gear.  My Y-Wing can't hold itself up, so I can see how a much larger ship could have a problem too.  I think this is first a playset and second a ship you can fly around.  Assuming you CAN fly it around.  And assuming you'd want to.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 26, 2008, 06:23 PM »
leading up to the massive 7/26 launch date for Clone Wars/Legacy.

Perhaps the Falcon does hold a key role in the cartoon?  I've stayed away from trailers and spoilers so I have no idea.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 26, 2008, 07:52 PM »
I really hope not.  One reason I doubt it is that the box graphics and toy features are completely focused on OT scenes.  But if it is, it would be another gratuitous and nonsensical attempt at connecting things from one trilogy to another.  It would have made more sense to me if we had never seen the droids or Chewbacca in the prequels, considering the size of the galaxy and all that.
Greg Reeves

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 27, 2008, 09:43 AM »
The only bummer is that this is out the same day as the At-Te. I'm gonna have a hard time selling this day to the wife. :-X
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 27, 2008, 01:12 PM »
I really hope not.  One reason I doubt it is that the box graphics and toy features are completely focused on OT scenes.  But if it is, it would be another gratuitous and nonsensical attempt at connecting things from one trilogy to another.  It would have made more sense to me if we had never seen the droids or Chewbacca in the prequels, considering the size of the galaxy and all that.

That never really bothered me in the prequels.  The execution of the droids and Chewie could have better though I will admit.  If they throw the Falcon in the animated series it will not bother me either.  It is supposed to be an old ship with many different captains.  If it pops up I won't care really.   

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 27, 2008, 02:33 PM »

I agree that the prequels could've done without Chewie. But I think the droids are just one of many elements in there to show the similarities between Luke and Anakin's lives, and because they were destined to go through everything they did to eventually end up with Luke.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing the Falcon in the series, as long as its role makes sense. Like Darth Broem said, it's an old ship that has a long history.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 28, 2008, 10:59 AM »
Personally, I don't want to see the Falcon in the series... there's no need for it in my opinion.  The galaxy is so expansive that the odds of it ever appearing in a significant battle or whatever before ANH is too far fetched for me. 

The whole idea of Chewbacca being in ROTS was ok, but I didn't need to see that either... and considering Chewbacca's seemingly calling Obi Wan and "old fossil" in ANH, given his obvious respect for Yoda in ROTS, is puzzling.

3PO and R2?  Those were a must in my opinion.  I think it works perfectly with those two.  Though I think having 3PO being made by Anakin, and living on the Lars homestead for a while is a bit too convenient.  I'd rather him have been Bail Organa's droid or something.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 02:37 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 28, 2008, 03:33 PM »
Personally, I don't want to see the Falcon in the series... there's no need for it in my opinion.  The galaxy is so expansive that the odds of it ever appearing in a significant battle or whatever before ANH is too far fetched for me. 

The whole idea of Chewbacca being in ROTS was ok, but I didn't need to see that either... and considering Chewbacca's seemingly calling Obi Wan and "old fossil" in ANH, given his obvious respect for Yoda in ROTS, is puzzling.

You got it, Chewie.  That's exactly my thinking.  The problem with a retcon (retroactive continuity) is that it exists to capitalize on the popularity of the original without considering every problem.  The reason for Chewbacca's reaction was simply because at the time, George (if he even had basic details of what the clone wars were) would not have involved him in it.  Chewbacca was meant to be introduced to audiences right there in the Cantina.  I have similar problems with Boba Fett/Slave 1, jawas and Tuskens in Ep 1, and even the plans for the Death Star all showing up in the prequels.  Better had it been a completely isolated trilogy I think.  As for the droids, I credit Anakin's construction of C-3PO and use of R2 as his droid co-pilot as the beginnings of non-acceptance of the prequels into my own personal canon.  In Ep 3, Obi-Wan worked intimately with R2 yet he doesn't know him in Ep4 (because he never was supposed to know him- retcon!).  You know what, though- I actually don't care whether the Falcon shows up in the cartoon, based on my personal stance of anything outside the OT.  I'll enjoy almost any of it without making it a part of my canon and collection.

But back to the toy: 8 inches longer than the vintage mold may not sound like much, but when the entire thing is upscaled to consider those extra 8 inches, it really will look huge compared to the old one.  I can't WAIT to see side-by-side shots!
Greg Reeves