Author Topic: TLC Millenium Falcon  (Read 232126 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: TLC Millenium Falcon Upgrade
« Reply #390 on: May 6, 2008, 04:14 PM »
Is a goatee required to live in MN?

It's part of our winter coat.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #391 on: May 6, 2008, 04:29 PM »
Then what happened to Jeff?  He shaved part of his winter coat off it appears...  Or it's going into Spring and he's shedding.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 6, 2008, 05:00 PM »
If I ever get to the point where I have that much stuff in a storage garage... I think I'd just have to call it quits.   :-X

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 6, 2008, 05:29 PM »
If I ever get to the point where I have that much stuff in a storage garage... I think I'd just have to call it quits.   :-X

I've been trying.  :-\  That unit was only half full in 05 and I ran into some obvious space issues a few months back.  I just couldn't bring myself to start opening/selling stuff so my "temporary" solution was to go to a larger storage unit until I get a better focus on my collecting habits.  I do collect other toy lines so it's not all Star Wars, but the majority of it is.

It looks bad when you see the whole thing, and I'll admit that I even get disgusted with the amount of crap boxes I have.  Please note that no live fish were harmed in this process.

Sorry for derailing this thread - but I didn't post the picture.   ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 6, 2008, 05:37 PM »

I've been trying.  :-\  That unit was only half full in 05 and I ran into some obvious space issues a few months back.  I just couldn't bring myself to start opening/selling stuff so my "temporary" solution was to go to a larger storage unit until I get a better focus on my collecting habits.  I do collect other toy lines so it's not all Star Wars, but the majority of it is.

It looks bad when you see the whole thing, and I'll admit that I even get disgusted with the amount of crap boxes I have.  Please note that no live fish were harmed in this process.

Sorry for derailing this thread - but I didn't post the picture.   ;)

Heh, you sound exactly like me. While I LOVE having a large collection, it does often suck that most of it remains in storage. I've got to make a point of it this summer to decide what the hell I'm going to do with it. Sell of what I will, display what I can, and store only what I have to. Wait look, I just decided.....lol!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #395 on: May 6, 2008, 08:31 PM »
I'm in a similar boat as I'm setting up my office/collection room.  I have a bunch of rubbermaid bins in a spare bedroom that are in the process of being opened for display.  Much of it will probably be sold off though.

As far as displaying this new Falcon, I have a table in the middle of my collection room (actually two TV stands I bolted together) and it will be the centerpiece!  I think the best parts are the inside playset sort of features.  My plan is to set up the cockpit as a scene in ESB when they are trying to escape from the Empire, and in the center, I plan on setting up the ANH scene where Chewie's playing chess with the droids and Han is talking to Ben and Luke as he practices with his lightsaber.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 6, 2008, 09:21 PM »
I can't really tell...is the cockpit an open room in which Han and Chewie can sit while other figures stand around behind them, like in the movies? Or is it pretty much just seating for two and nothing else?
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #397 on: May 6, 2008, 09:24 PM »
I can't really tell...is the cockpit an open room in which Han and Chewie can sit while other figures stand around behind them, like in the movies? Or is it pretty much just seating for two and nothing else?

Nope there's seating for four (like in the movies).

« Last Edit: May 6, 2008, 09:25 PM by Jayson »

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 6, 2008, 09:25 PM »
Excellent. :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 7, 2008, 04:06 PM »
And here I was thinking I'd use my GW gift to get the LEGO Falcon....  no WAY i'd be able to display BOTH of them...

Grrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 7, 2008, 05:28 PM »

Nope there's seating for four (like in the movies).

Hopefully the rumored ANH Obi-Wan Kenobi will be able to fit in the Falcon's cockpit.  The VOTC version probably won't fit.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #401 on: May 7, 2008, 05:31 PM »
He should if you remove the robe. He didn't wear it riding in the cockpit anyway.  :P

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 7, 2008, 06:46 PM »
Yes, but the knees on that figure aren't articulated.  It looks like the fit for the rear jumpseats might be a little snug.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 8, 2008, 07:25 AM »
I'm glad the falcon is coming out. I'm depending on it actually, as I decided to sell my OTC version a little ahead of its' ineveitable price drop. But if the TIE, X Wing, and Falcon are signs of eventual "supersizing" of a bunch of ships, we are all headed for storage lockers. Maybe to live in, so we can afford both the products and the storage.
Actually, the Falcon was a straw on my collection camels back. I recently sold every prequel toy except 3 ships and a contingent of clones. It cleared out some space, brought in some cash, and now there is less I intend to buy of the new product coming out, as I can claim something of an "OT" focus. I will however, collect the prequel kubricks. I just couldn't give up the kubricks...

Back to topic- Falcon looks incredible. I have a large white laminate cabinet (home depot) that has a large top shelf 48" by 20" with a Hoth display, and the Falcon will have a home below it in the "ice cavern" as it is trying to take off with snowtroopers swarming in.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #404 on: May 8, 2008, 08:39 AM »
Yes, but the knees on that figure aren't articulated.  It looks like the fit for the rear jumpseats might be a little snug.

Geez, I totally forgot about that with Ol' Ben.