Author Topic: eFX Collectibles Replicas  (Read 26740 times)

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
eFX Collectibles Replicas
« on: January 8, 2008, 08:03 AM »
I'm really glad someone stepped up and decided to take the Licensed Star Wars Props over. Now we might get to see all the Original Trilogy 1:1 scale helmets that we wanted!. The possibilities are endless. I read that one of the guys from Master Replicas is actually involved with this, so if that's any indication as to the quality that we'll be seeing, I think we're all in for a real treat.

It does make you wonder what they've got up their sleeve though with the McQuarrie Vader as the first advertisement. Is it just a picture to get people talking or will they in fact do some McQuarrie replicas?

I guess we'll find out more on 7.23.08 which I believe is the date of SDCC. That's the date they've been advertising over at RS.
« Last Edit: July 8, 2008, 02:55 PM by Jeff »
President - Tampa Star Wars Club
Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
Administrator - Wedge Collection Engine
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: eFX
« Reply #1 on: January 8, 2008, 06:09 PM »
Interesting stuff.  Hopefully they will also do the FX lightsabers as I still want to get a TPM style Obi-Wan fx saber.

Future official site.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 9, 2008, 06:50 PM »
I just got the new Star Wars Insider #99 and the back of the magazine has a full page ad for www.efxcollectibles.com .

I guess this has been coming for a while.
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 10:47 PM »
From the latest LFL info it sounds like eFX will develop, manufacture, and distribute the high-end "collectible, limited-edition replicas" (full size and scaled) for vehicles, helmets, and high-end die-cast vehicles as well (taking over for Code 3).

Sounds like Hasbro is actually taking over the FX sabers...  ???
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 11:00 PM »
From the latest LFL info it sounds like eFX will develop, manufacture, and distribute the high-end "collectible, limited-edition replicas" (full size and scaled) for vehicles, helmets, and high-end die-cast vehicles as well (taking over for Code 3).

Sounds like Hasbro is actually taking over the FX sabers...  ???

Yeah, I don't know if I trust Hasbro to make FX Sabers at all. That's going to be really interesting to watch.
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 02:48 AM »
MR had been working on a replica X-Wing, but obviously ran out of time to produce it.  If they decide to get into the die-cast vehicles, I sure hope they take over where MR left off.  I can't be sure, but I think it was a studio scale version, which I believe means it would be a replica of the prop used for shooting the movies.

According to that press release, eFx will be showing off the upcoming items at SDCC, so I will definitely be looking forward to that!

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 07:18 AM »
This whole deal seems a little strange to me.  eFX is owned by a former MR employee.  After the merger with Corgi, Corgi stated that the Star Wars license was responsible for a large portion of MR's profit, yet Lucasfilm wanted too much money for it.  Now, a brand new company can afford it...especially when it appears they have no other products.  eFX is owned by Toyteq, which has been around since the end of 2006.  They have worked on FX sabers among some other things, but their site is lacking in any details to determine if they have even been profitable.  To me, it looks like Corgi killed things for MR.

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 11:34 AM »
So all this time I, just like I'm sure most of you, have been thinking that you pronounce "eFX" as "E.F.X", but Philip Wise had a conversation with Bryan Ono last week and Bryan corrected Philip by telling him that it's pronounced "Effects".

That's going to take some getting used to!
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 12:30 PM »
Well, it's his company, so he can pronounce it however he wants.  Still, I'm a little lost, not being part of the text messaging generation, how you get the 't' sound out of that.  Effex, yeah; effects, no. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 05:41 PM »
I don't give a damn how you pronounce it...I want to see some good product.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 08:44 PM »
Well, it's his company, so he can pronounce it however he wants.  Still, I'm a little lost, not being part of the text messaging generation, how you get the 't' sound out of that.  Effex, yeah; effects, no. 

I was just being proper, but it does in fact have the "effex" sound to it with no "T" on the end.  ;)

Just think of the "FX" Lightsaber's.
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2008, 02:03 PM »
It's official. For their first product, eFX will make another 500 of the "Hero" version helmets to help collector's that had their orders cancelled by Master Replicas. There is no difference in the helmet itself, just the stand and plaque. Pre-order is May 5, 2008 . Be sure to log on to efxcollectibles.com and sign up for the mailing list.

"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2008, 02:08 PM »
I assume this will be a free for all ordering process?  There's no practical way they can cover off the list of folks that had their orders cancelled, is there? 

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2008, 04:10 PM »
I assume this will be a free for all ordering process?  There's no practical way they can cover off the list of folks that had their orders cancelled, is there? 

This only applies to customer's that ordered directly from Master Replicas as they would have those names on file. It does not include people that ordered from AD's. 500 was the number of canceled direct orders, so that's why they are going with that amount.
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2008, 04:22 PM »
Thanks.  Does that mean I have a shot at it, albeit a tiny one?