Author Topic: eFX Collectibles Replicas  (Read 26821 times)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: eFX Collectibles Replicas
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2011, 05:03 PM »
Ohh...an Obi OT hilt is a bit much from what I see on Ebay.  I still am missing the Maul BD saber but haven't really looked too hard.  I did order the Luke one from eFX - it was almost like old times....waiting for 1pm and then hoping like hell the site didn't crash (and it didn't, which was a nice surprise).  I am in the middle of building a new home (you rubbed off on me  ;) ) and have created a Star Wars room just for my collection.  Here's a shot of my ceiling...and you will be one of the only ones who should actually know what this is!!

Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2011, 08:20 PM »
Did anyone else opt in for the Vader helmet? 

I'd long been wanting one but didn't want to go for the MR version because it was a prequel version of the helmet.  Now that eFX is releasing a Star Wars (yeah, I know, ANH) I decided I'd go for it.  Damn expensive but it's essentially a payment plan over a span of many months so quite easy for me to manage.  Since there was only $200 difference between the two versions I opted for the Legend version. :-X
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2011, 12:24 PM »
I definitely considered it, but I think I'd actually prefer the Limited version.  I guess I have until Friday to make up my mind...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2011, 05:18 PM »
I don't really disagree, the limited version is certainly more idealized and would be a better match from the perspective that it's 'clean' and would go better with my stormtrooper helmet.  For me though the cost difference was insignificant (at that point anyway) so I opted for something that'll hold it's resale value better hopefully.  I don't know that I'll get back my $1000 down the road but at least the edition size will be smaller.  Though I think eFX is considering at least an ESB version as well so there may end up being a glut of helmets out there in the end. 

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2011, 12:54 AM »
That's a good point about it more likely holding its value over time. 

I've always had my eye on the Sideshow Lifesize Bust and since these things take up so much room, I'd probably choose one or the other.  I think some day I'll go the Bust route instead.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2011, 01:29 PM »
Heh.  I've been collecting a long time and seldom as a Canadian do you get to smile when you see the credit card bill.  Down payment on the eFX Vader helmet $350 USD.  Credit card amount: $342 CAD.  Not huge but damn, I'll take it.   ;D

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2011, 05:45 PM »
You smile, we **** our pants.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2011, 11:15 PM »
Understood, but after being on the other end for a long, long time, it's pleasant but for the fact it comes at the price of your misery.  Not wanting to go political on it but until folks figure out they can't have it all and have it now it won't change.

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2011, 09:02 AM »
Not sure if this is the right forum...  I am wondering about those "FX" toy sabers that Target is selling for around $30.  On the shelf, in the package, when you press the activation stud, the saber lights up for a few seconds, makes a couple 'clashing' sounds and shuts down.  Is this how they always work, or is this a demo mode that can be changed once out of the package?
The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2011, 02:14 AM »
It's a demo mode.  They work just like the other FX sabers from Master Replicas (the original maker) and Hasbro.

The one's you see in target now are a little more kid friendly being smaller and more durable.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2011, 08:51 AM »
Cool.  Thanks.  A friend is making some Jedi costumes for my girls and I want to get them better sabers than the telescoping plastic ones.
The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.