Author Topic: MLB 2008  (Read 62807 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: MLB 2008
« Reply #75 on: June 9, 2008, 07:00 PM »
The Yankees don't know how to grow talent, just buy it when it is nearly past their prime.

Oh I know, just ask Jorge Posada, Mariano Rivera, Derek Jeter, Melky Cabrera, Joba Chamberlain, Phil Hughes, Robinson Cano, Ian Kennedy, Chien-Ming Wang, and Andy Pettitte.

The Yankees have a higher percentage of home grown talent than many other MLB teams, including the Mets AND the Red Sox.

So who, may I ask, is your favorite team?  I'm sure they're as home grown and pure as the wind driven snow.

I've learned to just ignore the haters, and love it when the Yankees win.

On another note, We took my mother-in-law to a Rockies game Saturday night for her birthday and got to watch them beat the brewers live!  Coors Field is a great park to watch a game in and when the Rockies score 7 points in a game, Taco Bells in Colorado have a 4 tacos for a dollar deal.  Sweet.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 9, 2008, 10:49 PM »
I ended up getting tickets to the White Sox for my birthday and we went yesterday.  It was a great game to watch as the Sox just pummelled the Twins.  They then beat them again today to take a 6.5 game lead over them in the AL Central.  They start a three game set with the Tigers tomorrow and with how the Tigers are playing lately, they could easily add a few more games to their lead.

If their pitching staff can stay healthy and they can keep their bats going, I can definitely see them stealing the AL Central this year.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2008, 08:49 AM »
Congrats to Junior on hitting his 600th home run last night.  One of the all time classiest players and well deserved.  Too bad his all out play and injuries cost him some time.  We could possibly be talking about him trying to break the home record shortly.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2008, 02:35 PM »
It came as a shock to me this morning to hear them say he missed something like 425 games since he's been with the Reds :o.  I have to believe that he would have been very close to beating the all time record had he been healthy.  He'll definitely pass Sosa this season and could possibly move into 4th over the next season or two if he continues to play...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2008, 04:27 PM »
I ended up getting tickets to the White Sox for my birthday and we went yesterday.  It was a great game to watch as the Sox just pummelled the Twins.  They then beat them again today to take a 6.5 game lead over them in the AL Central.  They start a three game set with the Tigers tomorrow and with how the Tigers are playing lately, they could easily add a few more games to their lead.

If their pitching staff can stay healthy and they can keep their bats going, I can definitely see them stealing the AL Central this year.

Considering how the Tigers, Twins & Indians have played it is very likely that they will be the team to beat in the Central (I want to vomit saying this)!!!

So who, may I ask, is your favorite team?  I'm sure they're as home grown and pure as the wind driven snow.

Chewie said it best
Go Cards.
I am a Minnesota Twins fan as they are my home town team and I am a big Cardinals fan.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2008, 05:08 PM »
Heh... my favorite team, other than the Cardinals is the Twins actually... I love that team.  Ever since I got my first Kirby Puckett card (87 Topps  ::) ) something about the Twins always put a smile to my face. 

I actually rooted for the Twins over the Cardinals in the 87 series... talk about getting a lot of spite from my fellow 4th graders at the time!   :o

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2008, 05:12 PM »
My best friend's little brother, John Allman, just signed with the Cleveland Indians today, out of college.  He's got a very long road ahead of him, but who knows.   :)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2008, 01:54 PM »

That boy ain't right.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2008, 02:38 PM »
As long as he keeps hitting the way he has been, it doesn't bother me.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2008, 05:13 PM »
Jeter voted most overrated player in Sports Illustrated poll

This is by far one of my favorite stories against the Yankees. Not only do I hate them but the fans rated Jeter as the #1 overrater player and A-Rod as #3.

YANKEES HATERS UNITE!!!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2008, 05:37 PM »
Jeter voted most overrated player in Sports Illustrated poll

This is by far one of my favorite stories against the Yankees. Not only do I hate them but the fans rated Jeter as the #1 overrater player and A-Rod as #3.

YANKEES HATERS UNITE!!!

You know what, you got OWNED above when you made this statement:

Sure it is considering the Yankees BUY championships. Their farm system is one of the worst in the league. The Yankees don't know how to grow talent, just buy it when it is nearly past their prime.

You have no answer for my comments because I'm right, and you're impossibly wrong, and confused.

I'd spend a few minutes proving you wrong on this one too, but I'll wait for you to refute my contention that the Yankees have MORE homegrown talent than any other team in MLB.

And in the meantime, while you're busy posting hopelessly ridiculous "arguments," Jeter sleeps quite well at night with his 4 championships and dozen postseason appearances, and ARod is the best player in the game today and may go down as the best EVER.

This is all about jealousy, and not an ounce more of anything else.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2008, 11:09 PM »
I just can't see how he could be considered overrated with the career he's had.

The poll must have been taken exclusively in Boston.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2008, 02:36 PM »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 1, 2008, 02:48 PM »

This is all about jealousy, and not an ounce more of anything else.

Yawn - were you talking. Sorry wasn't paying attention.

I never heard of a switch pitcher before!

That is freaking cool. I would love to see that kid pitch (No matter the team - EVEN YANKEES [just for you Dressel])

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 6, 2008, 10:36 PM »

« Last Edit: July 8, 2008, 06:59 PM by Dressel Rebel »