Author Topic: Indiana Jones & Toy Fair 2008  (Read 5640 times)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Indiana Jones & Toy Fair 2008
« on: January 9, 2008, 12:36 AM »
So... what are you all hoping to see at Toy Fair?

I'm hoping to see more from Hasbro than just the upcoming KotCS stuff.  It would be nice to get a look at some of the things that they are planning for TLC and ToD.  :)
« Last Edit: January 9, 2008, 12:37 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Indiana Jones & Toy Fair 2008
« Reply #1 on: January 9, 2008, 01:30 AM »
Agreed on the non-KotCS stuff...  I'd like to see some figures from TLC especially, but I'd also like to see something bigger than a figure for Raiders...  Like a truck, maybe a German bike, or perhaps even some wave 2 or beyond figures?

I have a feeling Kingdom's about all we're gonna see though, due to the movie push with the puchasers that'll be there.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 9, 2008, 01:59 AM »
Mostly just the single Hasbro figs, but I'm hoping GG slips out some picks of the bust, so we can get a better look at the likeness, which isn't so good right now IMO.  Would also like to see Sideshow give some indication of a Premium Format fig and what it looks like.  I'd love to see Indy with the whip at his side and gun out shooting in the streets of Cairo.  That'd be fun.  I really don't want to drop $400 on a Sideshow figure, but I probably would.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: January 9, 2008, 06:58 AM »
I am eager to see the deluxe figures mostly and non KOTCS figures.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 03:03 PM »
I want to see the KOTCS just as a sneak-peak for what we're going to see come May 22.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re:
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 05:24 PM »
From Hasbro:
From the Toy Fair Press Release

INDIANA JONES

Hold on tight, because INDIANA JONES -- the world's most adventurous archeologist -- is donning his fedora and will be conquering the big screen once again this May, and Hasbro is along for the fun. With his trusty whip, well-worn leather jacket and an uncanny ability to attract trouble, Dr. Jones heads to points unknown in the upcoming INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL, from Lucasfilm Ltd. and Paramount Pictures, which arrives in theaters May 22. Hasbro captures all the edge-of-your-seat excitement with its new INDIANA JONES toy line. Fans of any age can ward off villains using the new INDIANA JONES SOUND FX WHIP (Approximate Retail Price: $19.99; Ages 6 & up; Available: May 1, 2008). Aspiring adventurers can also share the thrills with friends by navigating Indy through some of the movie series' most iconic escape scenes with the new INDY'S ULTIMATE ADVENTURE PLAYSET. (Approximate Retail Price: $39.99; Ages 5 & up; Available: Fall 2008)
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
Re: Indy
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 05:33 PM »
INDIANA JONES products available in 2008

INDIANA JONES SOUND FX WHIP

(Approximate Retail Price: $19.99; Ages 6 & up; Available: May 1, 2008)

Kids can now join the adventure with the famed thrill-seeker’s signature iconic accessory. The INDIANA JONES SOUND FX WHIP provides kids with the ultimate toy to experience the fantasy. Included are the classic Raiders of the Lost Ark theme music and motion-activated “whip cracking” sounds.

MUTT WILLIAMS™ SOUND FX SWORD

(Approximate Retail Price: $19.99; Ages 5 & up; Available: Fall 2008)

Live the INDIANA JONES adventure through the eyes of Indy’s new sidekick Mutt, played by Shia LaBeouf, who comes with a sword and two versions of Mutt’s signature switchblade. Includes an approximately two-foot extendable plastic blade and two additional “knives” -- one hidden in the handle and one projectile. Also features sword-clashing sounds!

INDIANA JONES 3 ¾” ACTION FIGURES

(Approximate Retail Price: $6.99; Ages 4 & up; Available: May 1, 2008)

These collectible action figures include detailed styling along with dedicated “relics” and accessories for each hero and villain from the INDIANA JONES adventures. The assortment includes 30 figures from all four INDIANA JONES movies, allowing kids the opportunity to recreate their favorite INDIANA JONES moments of all time.

INDIANA JONES 3 ¾” DELUXE ACTION FIGURES

(Approximate Retail Price: $9.99; Ages 4 & up; Available: May 1, 2008)

Each figure pack comes with either two action figures or an action figure and an accessory, and is based on specific heart-stopping action scenes from across the entire INDIANA JONES movie series. A total of 8 deluxe action figures are available.

INDIANA JONES 3 ¾” THE LOST TEMPLE OF AKATOR PLAYSET

(Approximate Retail Price: $39.99; Ages 5 & up; Available: Fall 2008)

This fantastic 3 ¾” scale playset allows kids to reenact what is sure to be one of Indy’s most fantastic adventures, as seen in the upcoming Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. As he enters the dangerous Lost Temple, Indy finds himself confronted with the most devious series of traps and puzzles he has ever encountered. Kids help Indy navigate boulders blasts and quicksand traps! Solve the obelisk puzzle to reveal the entrance to this mysterious kingdom! The playset includes INDIANA JONES and UGHA WARRIOR figures.

MR. POTATO HEAD: TATERS OF THE LOST ARK

(Approximate Retail Price: $14.99; Ages 2 & up; Available: May 1, 2008)

Always ready for an adventure himself, MR. POTATO HEAD is eager to join Indy on his next big dig. MR. POTATO HEAD: TATERS OF THE LOST ARK features a treasure trove of accessories, including a “leather” jacket and Indy’s iconic whip and fedora – which plays the classic ”Raiders March” when placed atop the fun-loving spud’s head. MR. POTATO HEAD: TATERS OF THE LOST ARK comes with potato body and a total of 12 mix ‘n match parts.
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 08:31 PM »
"As he enters the dangerous Lost Temple, Indy finds himself confronted with the most devious series of traps and puzzles he has ever encountered. Kids help Indy navigate boulders blasts and quicksand traps! "

Didn't one spy report say the the IJ playset was just a Mustafar re-hash?  This certainly sounds like it.  Boulders instead of lava, quicksand instead of lava...hmmm.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 04:03 PM »
http://www.hasbro.com/indianajones/

prepaired to be wowed

HASBRO HAS AN INDY WEBSITE UP WITH PICTURES

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 04:33 PM »
Thanks for the notice, the stuff looks pretty great.  I like the figures, the Deluxe stuff even looks pretty good.  The playset does look "familiar" as others have speculated:

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 04:35 PM »
You've got to be kidding me   ::)

...and here I was almost jealous to find out that Indy was getting a playset.  It least it comes with balls.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 04:43 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 04:42 PM »
A couple of the bigger pics aren't working, so here they are:

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 09:27 PM »
I just want the figures from that playset, anyone planning on getting the playset and not interested int he figures? let me know.

The deluxe german looks really good though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 09:36 PM »
I just want the figures from that playset, anyone planning on getting the playset and not interested int he figures? let me know.

The deluxe german looks really good though.

Ditto on both thoughts. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.