Author Topic: Ticket to Adventure Mail-Away Offers  (Read 57252 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: Ticket to Adventure Mail-Away Offers
« Reply #105 on: April 12, 2009, 01:04 PM »
I'd heard of others getting the post card before but I hadn't seen one till yesterday.  I got the card also.  I'm waiting on 6 or 7, I think.  I'm definitely letting my order stand because while I don't think I'll ever end up with 13, having at least six would still make a decent half display for the figures at some point.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2009, 11:01 AM »
I got a postcard over the weekend too.  I just think its interesting that Hasbro had a lackluster response to this offer initially (i submitted my request by the first due date) so they extended the offer, only to run out of figures. :P  I figured that would have at least processed the initial receipts before extending the offer, but apparently that's not how Hasbro rolls.  Still, waiting another month or five is fine with me.
I am not the Stig

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 13, 2009, 02:58 PM »
So if they're getting more, are they taking more orders?  I still have some finished forms lying around here. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 13, 2009, 08:26 PM »
I think they made enough, or close to enough, to fill all the orders by the original date.  But after that date they probably hadn't gotten as many responses as they thought so they exetended.  Then the line died and a bunch of the figures went to deep clearance at multiple stores and suddenly there were a lot more stickers on the market.

I wouldn't have sent for as many skeletons as I did if I hadn't bought a bunch of figures for $3 or less.  I think I even have enough left over coupons that I could have sent for one more but I didn't get the last two till after the second deadline.

I doubt they're still accepting orders but worst that would happen if you sent one in is that it would come back.  I actually should have mailed in more Captain Rex orders after that got extended but didn't.  Forgot to do it by 3/31.  I wonder if that's too late now as well?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2009, 11:35 AM »
Yeah, I love how these "new" factories crop up.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 9, 2009, 11:38 PM »
For those of you who got the cards (I did too) have your checks been cashed?  I never noticed mine being cashed, but that doesn't mean it wasn't cashed months ago.  They offered refunds on the post card, which makes me think that they already have my money, I'm just trying to figure out if by some chance I haven't been charged yet and am about to be.  I think my check was for 8 of these things...

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 10, 2009, 08:46 AM »
I'm pretty certain that the checks have been cashed.  I seem to recall noticing that mine had been and thinking that I'd see my skeletons soon.  Then the delays happened.

E...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 29, 2009, 02:02 AM »
So it's been another month and a half and not a peep.  I can't remember what the post-card said.  Did it have an expected ship time?

I sent off for these about 7 months ago!

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #113 on: June 29, 2009, 11:25 AM »
Postcard said they'd ship sometime around June 15.

I believe.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 29, 2009, 11:16 PM »
Good to know.  If they actually follow through on that they could show up sometime in the next few weeks.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #115 on: June 30, 2009, 01:24 PM »
Looked at the postcard again yesterday and the shipping date was actually June 10.  The date to refuse the skeletons was May 15.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 30, 2009, 02:55 PM »
I never got mine either, Rob.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 30, 2009, 05:13 PM »
Yeah - it just occurred to me that the date was June 10th and it's now 20 days later.

So now what gives? I think I might go to Hasbro's website and update my original question from two months ago and ask what's going on...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 6, 2009, 01:08 AM »
...25 days and counting. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 7, 2009, 05:24 PM »
I called.  They haven't shipped yet.

Their customer service number is 800.255.5516 if anyone else is interested in checking.