Author Topic: Sideshow 12" ANH Luke Skywalker  (Read 8782 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Sideshow 12" ANH Luke Skywalker
« on: January 10, 2008, 10:26 PM »
Yep, another Luke...

« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 10:26 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow 12" ANH Luke Skywalker
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 03:01 AM »
Granted, it's not the most exciting figure, but his Tatooine outfit is still his most iconic to me.  I've stopped buying Sideshow's line, but this actually really interests me.  It would be a pretty neat display next to Leia and Smuggler Han.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 07:11 AM »
This figure was inevitable...at least the major Luke outfits will be out of the way...now bring on something new and unique like Hammerhead.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 08:33 AM »
I am going to pick this one up becuase i it is iconic, but this line is just getting boring. It was the coolest and hottest thing but they just have lost it. They need to be willing to spend some more money on some aliens and bounty hunters. I think at this point its pretty ridiculous they have not done Vader, the Droids, or Chewbacca.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 02:26 PM »
 I have to agree.  Do not get me wrong.  I will get this figure.  It's basically a must like Vader (whenever that happens).  But geez, they do need to spice up the line a bit with something other than Luke, Jedi, and humans.  Pepper in a droid, alien, something, anything.

But yeah, at least all the main Luke outfits will be done.  I guess they know what they are doing.  Luke probably sells well.  But it's getting dull lately.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 03:09 PM »
I may be a downer, but they still have the option for more of the same figures

Luke = X-wing Luke, Hoth Luke, & Endor Luke.

Add Han to that list, Hoth and Carbonite.

Obi-Wan = Episode I & II, perhaps a spirit version

Leia = Bespin, Hoth, Endor, Yavin, ewok ceremonial, slave

Anakin = Episode II, spirit

They can push the main characters for a while still. Not exciting at all. They really need to do soemthing amazing like they did with Jabba. I never liked the Hasbro Wampa, that would be awesome enough. If they are not comfortable with fur then give us a cantina or Jabba's Palace alien. I would go crazy for an Amanaman.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 03:10 PM by evenflow »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 10:48 PM »
Obi-Wan = Episode I & II, perhaps a spirit version

As someone who has an Obi-Wan focus to his collection, I'd love to see Sideshow's work on these.  Although I agree that they should probably mix it up a bit more with some cool aliens like a Hammerhead, Bossk or hell Yoda would be pretty cool, I think they're work on main characters has been phenomenal and as long as the quality is still good, they will still sell.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 09:13 AM »
I am going to pick this one up becuase i it is iconic, but this line is just getting boring. It was the coolest and hottest thing but they just have lost it. They need to be willing to spend some more money on some aliens and bounty hunters. I think at this point its pretty ridiculous they have not done Vader, the Droids, or Chewbacca.

I agree with you- we need some more variety/coolness with this line.   I'll be getting the Luke, just so I can do the Robot Chicken skit with my Obi-Wan    ::)
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 07:13 AM »
The exclusive item is the floppy hat w/ goggles.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 08:17 AM »
The exclusive item is the floppy hat w/ goggles.

That was my guess as well.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 02:10 PM »
I just wish they would have thrown in the Blast Shield helmet.  But all in all it's looks great IMO.

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2008, 04:56 PM »
I just wish they would have thrown in the Blast Shield helmet.  But all in all it's looks great IMO.

Yes!   That would be awesome!  Just what we needed to go with Obi's training remote!    Not to mention my Robot Chicken scene!    Hmmm... I wonder if the Hasblo one will fit.....

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 01:19 PM »

Yes!   That would be awesome!  Just what we needed to go with Obi's training remote!    Not to mention my Robot Chicken scene!    Hmmm... I wonder if the Hasblo one will fit.....

Ooops! Missed my 1pm but was thankfully able to snag the exclusive at 1:15.   Smooth process for sure... I wonder if no one's bothering to order these anymore?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2008, 01:29 PM »
It seems easier to get these now and my guess is less people arebuying them. I have said it before, they need to do soemthing exciting. I ordered mine, and i think this is the last Luke I order unless the exclusive is something really cool. If its not i can pass on a Hoth and X-Wing version.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2008, 02:31 PM »
The exclusive sold out in 1 hour vs 4 hours for Han.  I about had a heart attack that this will cost me $77 total w/ shipping.  I don't know if Luke is worth $80?  The armored figures will be just as much as the Medicoms.  So, I am going to have to think hard about buying these anymore.  I like them but $80 a pop for a decent 12 inch figure?  I don't want every figure they make but I'll want 5 a year.  I just don't know about plunking down nearly $450 for five 12 inch figures in a year? 

I will probably end up cancelling Han for sure.  I really want Palpatine but for $140 or whatever that 2 pack is....probably end up cancelling it to.  Now I really wish they had split up that 2 pack.  I just can't waste that much money on 2 figures I really want and the 3rd I had to buy to get the other. 

Anyway, Luke is a nice figure.  I'll be glad when he arrives.  The credit card won't though :(