Author Topic: Hasbro Force FX Lightsabers  (Read 31986 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Force FX Lightsabers
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 03:57 PM »
Bah, I paid full price for most of mine.  And I'm damn proud that I bought into the hype of the "limited edition" crap that I was fed.   ::)

Actually I think I only paid full price for the Mace and Luke ROTJ sabers anyway.  I got the Vader and Anakin for pretty well below retail (not for $50 mind you) and got the double bladed Maul for $130, so I'm not too unhappy.  They are mighty cool and even the non-geekily inclined think they're neat. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2008, 11:59 AM »
I finally saw the Hasbro packaged versions of these at a mom & pop shop.  But when you can score them online from WalMart for $50 it's tough to pay full price...even if it's $20 lower than most of regular retail.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2008, 10:50 AM »
My Darth Maul sabers from walmart.com arrived last week and I put them together over the weekend.  These are pretty much the same quality as MR's.  Same look, same sounds, same construction, just cheaper. 

Now if Hasbro's releases Mace's purple one, I'll be all set.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2009, 03:54 AM »
TOY Fair images of a Count Dooku and TPM/AOTC style Obi-Wan sabers!

BOOYA!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2009, 09:50 AM »
Very cool, glad to see this line starting up with new sabers again.  I personally still only have two (Obi-Wan and Vader) that I've gotten as gifts, but if I can come up with the money, I'd like to get some more.  I'm hoping for a re-release of the ROTJ Luke saber, and picking up the Yoda/Maul ones eventually would be great too.  I'm still hoping they make some "Force FX" blasters in the future.  I'd be all over a Han blaster, and all the trooper ones as well.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2009, 02:13 PM »
The Maul Saber is probably the coolest one I have, but the Dooku one looks pretty sweet and the TPM/AOTC Obi-Wan is probably my favorite hilt design going.  Also that would look more accurate than the ROTS Obi-Wan since the electronics made the "neck" a little thick on that one.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 06:39 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2009, 09:32 AM »
I was curious how many of you display your FX sabers.  Do you use something like saber-stand?  I personally only have two of these so far, but really hope to get more in the future if possible.  Right now the two I have are just resting on the included stands, but I thought putting them up on the wall might look kind of nifty and help avoid any warping from sitting horizontally.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2009, 06:41 PM »
Mine are currently just standing up next to the shelves with my Jedi Starfighters in them...if you look at my collection thread pictures you can see them.

The room's a constant work in progress so I might try to hang them on the wall someday....as long as I have a way to remove them easily for duelling.   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2009, 12:46 PM »
Just out of curiosity, what are the differences between the OT Vader lightsabers and the ROTS version?  I received a Vader saber for Christmas a couple of years ago from my in-laws that they had gotten on clearance at a local Shopko.  It was the ROTS version, and I was wondering what (if any) differences there are between the various Vader sabers?  I'd sort of like an OT version eventually if it is greatly different, but if they are essentially the same I don't know that I'd worry about it.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2009, 07:24 PM »
According to the Hasbro Slideshow at Comicon, The Obi-Wan and Dooku sabers come out September and an Assajj Ventress Saber hits in December!

I will get the Obi-Wan definitely, maybe on the Dooku...pass on the Ventress.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: October 1, 2012, 03:34 AM »
We don't really have a new Hasbro FX Lightsaber thread, but I thought I'd just bump this to bask in the glory of my epic win say thanks to Hasbro for their Darth Maul Giveaway Contest this year because I won a runner-up prize of an FX Maul Lightsaber, which is outstanding!

I never win anything and I'd just gotten done losing all day at a local gun bash, so finding out I actually won something this time around made me feel stupidly contented for some odd reason.  :D

Now though, I want a 2nd one to put together the whole big assed saber.   :-\

Hasbro has once again sucked me into spending money I think. :-X
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 1, 2012, 04:39 PM »
Congrats Jesse!  I like the Maul saber...especially when connected, but the cut in half version is nice too.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: October 1, 2012, 09:34 PM »
Thanks, I've been really debating the purchase of another to make the full saber...  I think I most likely will.  I hate to spend the money on one hand, but on the other I know it'll look badass.  Hasbro somehow wins here! :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 3, 2012, 09:29 PM »
Are there any comparison shots of the Hasbro vs. the MR versions?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: October 4, 2012, 02:03 AM »
If/when I get them down I could snap a comparison to one of my MR ones if you wanted Brent, but they're put away for now and out of reach.  The Hasbro one's really nice though...  I have to say, I like it a lot to the point I'm going to likely plunk down for a 2nd to make a full Maul saber.