Author Topic: Going on Vacation....  (Read 2700 times)

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
Going on Vacation....
« on: June 17, 2003, 01:11 PM »
Hey guys for the next 3 weeks this Rhino is charging out of town...I will be on the quest for new and needed figures on the other side of the US so if I come in any contact with a few needed figs...I will let you know...Talk to later (Be Back second week in July) MTFBWYA!!!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Going on Vacation....
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2003, 01:23 PM »
Have fun Rhino.  Where exactly are you headed?  If it's anywhere out near SoCal, drop me a line!  Good luck on the figure search.

I'm also going to move this post over to Watto's...  ;)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2003, 02:29 PM »
Hey JM,I'm heading down to Frisco and briefly(if you can calla nything about LA brief)LA,then on to Phonix.Know any good places?

Rhino,have a safe trip!
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2003, 03:04 PM »
Hey JM,I'm heading down to Frisco and briefly(if you can calla nything about LA brief)LA,then on to Phonix.Know any good places?

Good places for what?  Like touristy kinda stuff for younger folks?  Hmmm...  I guess in L.A. (and neighboring Orange County) Disneyland would be an obvious answer (or Knott's Berry Farm & Six Flags Magic Mountain amusement parks).  The beach.  The Walk of Fame/Mann's Chinese Theater in Hollywood.

San Francisco:  Pier 39.  Fisherman's Wharf.  Golden Gate park.  Lot's of pretty cool museums, though I don't know what type of interests you have.

Phoenix:  No idea really.

You might just want to do a search on Google for those cities, and I'm sure you'll find plenty of other good ideas DCF.  Have fun on your trip.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2003, 03:57 PM »
I mean for new figures(sorry for the confusion),and to give you a time frame of when I'll be in these places heres a little list :)

San Fransisco:a day and a half
LA:five or six hoursScottsdale:4-5 days)
Jedirhino,sorry for taking your thread on a tangent!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2003, 04:10 PM »
Yeah, OK.  I guess that makes a slight difference there Andrew.  Well in that case...

San Fran: I've never seen a single toy store in that city anywhere.  I'm sure there's at least a TRU in there somewhere though...

Scottsdale (where my parents live):  TONS of places everywhere.  Lots of Targets, some TRUs, and a few WM's.  But I ain't gonna write out directions to them all here.

L.A.:  I'm assuming you've just got a layover at the airport, in which case I'd suggest you not even try to go out anywhere, lest you wind up getting stuck in L.A. traffic and missing your next flight.  Not much right by LAX anyways...

Ya' might want to just check out these links Andrew.  It's what I sometimes do when I'm heading to another area:

Toys'R'Us Store Locator

Target Store Locator

Walmart Store Locator

KB Store Locator

Forget K-Mart.  Like Rainman says, they suck.

Good luck Andrew!  Just don't take any good stuff from any of my stores while you're out here!   :P   ;)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2003, 11:21 PM »
Thanks man!(Also,I will have to endure the loooong drive to Scottsdale from LA,no biggie though,I've been down that road before*seriously*)Again thanks!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2003, 11:40 PM »
Also,I will have to endure the loooong drive to Scottsdale from LA

Well, in that case, I actually do have a list of the offramps/streets off the freeways from here to Scottsdale (a drive I often make) that have stores right off the freeway that sell the SW stuff.  I guess I could PM that to ya'!  When are you leaving Andrew?

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2003, 12:16 AM »
PM on the way!

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2003, 10:53 AM »
I just got back from a long trip to Arizona, my and my girl drove down to get away from here for a while.  IT was great!
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2003, 01:38 PM »
Hope you have a safe & fun trip Rhino!
dustrho