Author Topic: TRU "Hoth Patrol" Battle Pack  (Read 26645 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: TRU "Hoth Patrol" Battle Pack
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 10:30 PM »
This just looks like a lousy toy...can Luke even sit on that tauntaun?  I don't think his knees have any articulation.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2008, 10:41 PM »
Yet another set that I don't want/need as a carded/boxed collector.  I'm getting so close to the point of breaking.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2008, 01:29 AM »
They should have really axed this set. Only thing worth anything is the Wampa and that is not saying much. It saves me money, so I can't complant too much ;D.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2008, 08:06 AM »
They really should have included the ice base that this Luke originally came with an the base and post that the Wampa originally came with. What could the cost of those pieces have been? $1? $2?

I know TRU will charge their regular $24.99 for this Battlepack, so it's completely inexcuseable that the base pieces aren't included.

To me a "Hoth Patrol" Battle pack is two Tauntauns and Hoth Han and Hoth Luke that can both SIT on the Tauntauns. Han's should have a split belly to recreate the rescue scene.

Then a second Battle Pack could be the "Wampa's Cave" - but the problem there, is that it would be nothing more than the Wampa and Luke from the Saga line in one box. Maybe include a ghost Obi-Wan Kenobi with it? But it's still pretty weak.

So it's obvious that they wanted a vehicle they could use to get the Wampa back out into circulation since the last time it was around was 2002/2003.

I already stopped with all of the packaging variants myself - for TAC, I refused to drop $80 just to get the TAC versions of Darth Vader's TIE, Anakin's ROTS Jedi Starfighter, Obi-Wan's ROTS Jedi Starfighter and Mace Windu's ROTS Jedi Starfighter.

I'm currently fighting the urge to pick up the three repackaged Evolutions sets.

I did purchase all of the TAC Battlepacks so far. It definitely is getting harder and harder to justify grabbing a second (or in some cases possibly a third) versions of the exact same item w/no paint op variations just to have a "complete" packaging collection.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2008, 05:08 PM »
I'm currently fighting the urge to pick up the three repackaged Evolutions sets.

I did purchase all of the TAC Battlepacks so far. It definitely is getting harder and harder to justify grabbing a second (or in some cases possibly a third) versions of the exact same item w/no paint op variations just to have a "complete" packaging collection.

It's not that hard.  The only thing that's been bugging me is the Betrayl at Bespin BP.  I really want that for some reason, but it has been getting easier for me to pass on newly repackaged stuff like the "new" Evolution sets.  My old ones are just fine.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2008, 09:39 PM »
This just looks like a lousy toy...can Luke even sit on that tauntaun?  I don't think his knees have any articulation.

Nope, that Luke doesn't have articualted knees.  They need to make a new version of him...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 09:39 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2008, 10:03 PM »
What a waste of shelf space.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2008, 09:13 AM »
When you think about it, it's TRU, not that big of a loss of shelf space.  ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2008, 07:49 PM »
Shouldn't maybe there be five figures in the battle pack.  Because all there is in the battle pack is really just Luke Skywalker in Hoth Gear (most likely a repack of the Luke Skywalker figure from the SAGA 2004 collection), A tauntaun, and a wampa.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2008, 10:31 PM »
Shouldn't maybe there be five figures in the battle pack[?]

Not necessarily.  The Wampa and Tauntaun are each roughly equivalent in size to 2 figures, so 2x2+1=5.  Actually, in a way, you could say there are 5 figures.  ;)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2008, 11:03 PM »
$20 isn't ridiculous for two beasts and a figure.  Figure that a lot of people are paying the same amount for two figures with speederbikes.  On the flip side, there's apparently nothing new here, so not exactly what I would call a deal either.  Still planning to pass on this one.  :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2008, 08:50 AM »
$20 isn't ridiculous for two beasts and a figure. 

Doesn't TRU charge $30 if it's exclusive, $25 if it's not?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2008, 11:04 AM »

Yeah...this is easily going to be $25 or $30.  Big pass for me no matter what the price is.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2008, 01:18 PM »
Sweet - I've already got all this shizz.  No need to buy at all.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2008, 02:29 PM »

Well okay, now the price is ridiculous.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today