Author Topic: TRU "Hoth Patrol" Battle Pack  (Read 26646 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
TRU "Hoth Patrol" Battle Pack
« on: January 18, 2008, 12:18 AM »
It first showed up at Celebration IV.  Then, at SDCC'07 we found out it was coming in 2008 as an exclusive.

Now, we know "who" picked it up - Toys R Us.  No idea on the "when" just yet, but if it's this far along, it must be sooner rather than later...  ;)

Box full of repacks?  An easy "pass" for me...  ;)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 12:31 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: TRU "Hoth Patrol" Battle Pack
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 12:29 AM »
Well I'm sure kids may wanna get it but I'm sure most collectors have these figures already.
I remember my dream now.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 12:30 AM »
A VERY uninspired pack.

I suppose if new collectors and kids missed this....

I just don't see kids being into the OT though like they are the PT. So this will be a pegwarming set like the Bantha is in my area.

New Hasbro NEW!!!!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 12:34 AM »
Damn... Toys R Us exclusive? That sucks for me... the closest TRU is about 30-40 minutes from my house. Would anyone here be interested in purchasing one of these sets for me, as well as 4 STAP Attack sets? (assuming those are TRU exclusives as well) If you're interested in helping out a fellow collector and making some extra cash for yourself, please PM me and we can work out payment info when these sets come out.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 07:10 AM »
This is one i can say without a doubt is a big pass. I already have 3 tauntuans and i believe 2 wampas. No need for any more since there is nothing new in that set.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 08:21 AM »
Definite pass.  The thing I find most interesting is that they call this the 'Hoth Patrol' BP yet the Wampa already has a part of the Tauntan in his hand...  They could have made this the 'Hoth Patrol/Wampa's Cave' BP, and then added the two pieces of 'ice' that allow you to hang Luke upside down.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 08:55 AM »
Really helps me to decide to stop collecting the packaging with '07.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 09:07 AM »
I have all of this stuff already too, so a pass from me as well.  I can see that it would be a nice pack for new collectors or kids though, and I'm half tempted just because I want another Taun Taun - but I don't want to pay the likely $25 at TRU just for that.  It makes me wish there wish a mid-size/deluxe line to get these smaller beasts (or mini rigs!) like there used to be :).  It really seems like the beasts (OT in particular) have really been on the backburner lately.  That might be changing this year with this and the Rancor rumors we keep hearing (and the Bantha packs last year too I guess - maybe they haven't been shafted that much :P).
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 09:08 AM by Brian »

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 09:25 AM »
Another pass here too... but I acknowledge that this, as all battle packs, is an excellent way to get a whole scene of past toys out to new collectors/kids.  I wonder if this Tauntaun is truly Luke's with the shorter horn, or Han's with both intact.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 09:48 AM »
Greg
      I'll keep an eye out for you on them, I am going to pass on this one myself cause I have everything this one is offering, the Stap set is another story great army builder there. 
Chris
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 10:46 AM »
This is an easy pass for someone like me who's been collecting since the beginning of the modern run, but a nice set for newer collectors and the kids.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 08:19 PM »
Wasn't there going to be a Hoth Han originally included with this? I couldn't load the JD coverage from the comic-con, but I was pretty sure they showed a Han in the set as well.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 09:05 PM »
I am so excited to not even want a clearance version of this.  hooray!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2008, 09:44 PM »
I actually want this set. I think those are the only two "beasts" from the POTF era that i am missing.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2008, 10:14 PM »
As has been said, I'm passing on this set as well.  However, I'm glad to see them use that Wampa, it's one of my favourite creatures in the modern line.