Author Topic: Jedi-Con '08 Shadow Troopers 2-Pack  (Read 34003 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Jedi-Con '08 Shadow Troopers 2-Pack
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2008, 11:24 AM »
Just ordered mine. Picked up three sets. Two to open, one to add to my MIB Order-66 collection.  :-\
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2008, 01:03 PM »
I was going to pass on this. However a fellow collector mentioned the Shadow Scout/Speederbike set being only $9.99. So I ordered these. It made it more tolerable to buy the 2-pack since I'm saving money on the speederbike set. I wouldn't have bought the 2-pack otherwise, as it just amounts to a newly painted paulron and kama on a rehashed trooper (albeit the first time this particular mold got this paint scheme).

Is anyone else tired of overpriced exclusives of rehashed toys?
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2008, 01:19 PM »

Not me!  I love spending my money on toys I already own with all new ridiculous paint schemes.  Maybe it has something to do with that Crayola experiment that went horribly wrong when I was a kid.   ::)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2008, 02:02 PM »

I am to a point. However, I prefer having old sculpts with new paint ops as convention exclusives as opposed to completely new sculpts that everyone will want and therefore making the convention exclusive impossible to get.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2008, 09:12 AM »
It's up $16.99 ships in April.

Add in tax and $7 shipping, you get some real crap for $27. Such a deal! :-X

Yet, sadly it's the same amount it cost to get two Shadowtroopers at retail when they first came out.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2008, 12:17 PM »
I guess that is why we are customizers. It looks like a fairly easy set to bootleg.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2008, 05:31 PM »
My order is showing as "IN STOCK" but nothing has shipped yet...
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline CaptainYoda

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2008, 11:03 AM »
I got my set in the mail yesterday. So they should start showing up to everybody pretty soon.

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2008, 07:47 PM »
Just got mine.  Did anybody else notice the Commander has two grey Biker Scout pistols and not the usual little Clone blasters?  Those things really don't fit into the holsters without using some force.  I have to hand it to them, they did a great job with the battle damage and I love the bright red visors.  Their bodies aren't just black, they're like really super-dark blue with some dark paint over them.  It's an added, unnecessary step but at least you can see a little extra deco was put into them.   (Still not a great price, but at least it wasn't more...)

(And the box copy... "posing as bounty hunters"?  Bugwha?)
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2008, 09:40 AM »
I was going to point that out as well about the biker scout guns. Over all, it seems they cheeped out on the plastic for this set, but I still like it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2008, 09:11 AM »
Got my order yesterday.

Nice enough set. Wouldn't mind it if Hasbro kept using this tube packaging for exclusives, I ordered five of them (four to open) and they all arrived in mint condition which is RARE for a SWS order. So in terms of durability, the tube packaging is great.

I wish they had just used the regular Clone Commander sculpt for the Shadow Trooper Commander figure - the chin of the Jango head is even more prominent when the armor is black, so for the one set I've opened and put on dispay, the Commander is holding his helmet. Oh well.

Otherwise, I think it's a great set. I can totally get behind exclusives like this, 100% repaint so if I get it great, if not, I'm not going to worry about it. I do like that Hasbro and StarWarsShop or HasbroToyShop have been making a better effort to make these convention exclusives available online.
Peter

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2008, 05:35 PM »
I ordered five of them

Hasbro loves you.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2008, 06:29 PM »
Hasbro loves you.

Honestly, I'd appreciate some more "love" if they truly love me. I have yet to see the final five Saga Legends figures in the wild.

I can't seem to even happen upon a MOC Battle Damaged Darth Vader or Rahm Kota.

I would have preferred the Clone Wars cartoon figures be done in a "realistic" style to maintain overall 3.75" line cohesion.

So while they may love the fact that I get four of each trooper/droid/army builder, they kick me in the nuts every other chance they can get.  :-\
Peter

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2008, 07:03 PM »
I got my set in today, now i just need to get a carded Shadow trooper with the shadow EU coin.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2008, 09:03 AM »
I got my set in today, now i just need to get a carded Shadow trooper with the shadow EU coin.

I hear ya on that. I've not seen the last wave at all. And at the rate figures are not selling (especially Legends), I'm not likely to see them either.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010