Author Topic: Realistic Clone Wars 3D Figures  (Read 51753 times)

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Realistic/Movie Style Clone Wars figures
« Reply #180 on: September 3, 2010, 01:01 PM »
I think the only way this would hurt the line is in the timing. For example, releasing them now, when we already have 3 different Anakins and Obi Wans on the shelves would be downright foolish. Of course that's assuming these will be singles releases. I've often thought this concept would work well in a similar vein to the Force Unleashed 5 packs.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 3, 2010, 04:56 PM »
As much as I loathe anything PT, I would like this.  It would add droid and background character fodder.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 4, 2010, 11:38 AM »
Well again I always thought it was actually a smart move by Hasbro to make the animated style of figures for the cartoon series.  Mainly for the kids of course.  If they would not have then you would have had people begging for the cartoon style.   I just assumed they would also make "realistic" versions of the main figures because they would see dollar signs with that.  It sounds like they are finally going down that road.  This way they can make both camps happy.  Yay.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #183 on: September 5, 2010, 11:55 AM »
I'm fine with realistic CW figures.  I LOVE THE SHOW, and I am shocked by certain people who have ignored it (Lando...) and I have collected many of the figures.

I think that this really is just a way to create new Anikins and Obi-Wans.  If they need to keep those two on the pegs, it might as well be something 100% new.

Also, maybe will get a realistic version of Jocastu Nu's animated version.   ;D

Ha! I knew that was coming! ;)

Honestly, I think the show is great too. It really blows TPM and AOTC out of the water, I'm sorry to say. Sure there are some cheezy points, but from the episodes I've seen (and I have a lot still to watch), there's nothing as cringe-worthy as 50% of TPM. And Jesse's right, they even handled Jar Jar well.

There are a bunch of characters I'd love to have from the Clone Wars cartoon, and since I don't collect the animated style, it would be cool to have these in the realistic format. Who wouldn't want some of those badass IG droids they have running around that cartoon? The Muftak aliens? the ******* Mandalorians?! Let's face it, the Clone Wars captured more of the magic of the OT than the PT ever did...so if they release some of these in the realistic style, I'll buy many of them.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 5, 2010, 06:07 PM »
I'm against "realistic figures" at least for the time being. I only buy a few Clone Wars figures (VERY few... like 3 since the line started) and would probably continue that habit in the realistic line. I'm definitely in for realistic versions of Rex and Asokha, but I could care less about yet another version of Obi-Wan and Anakin hitting the pegs.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #185 on: September 5, 2010, 08:21 PM »
Ha.  Good to see you on the bandwagon Lando.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline jono

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 7, 2010, 04:11 AM »
The reason i think they are doing this is because they are comming to the realization that they have -by and large-exhuasted the PT hero types. Yes they could carry on tweaking existing sculpts -but surely these realistic CW TV types will sell just as well?

I expect these to basically replace the McQaurrie line -one a wave- and think they will reveal them at ToyFair.

As long as these take away slots from PT Heroes i'm okay with it -if it's OT/PT backgrounders ...no thankyou!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 8, 2010, 08:28 AM »
I thought the new "collector focused" line mostly ended the backgrounders anyway.  :P (Or it just seems that way because there's no "new" backgrounders, just redos at the moment.)

Yeah, when they started making ROTS concept Anakin and Ki Adi-Mundi (a good figure, but an odd choice), you know they were running short of Prequel Hero types. Those figures (and the more praised McQuarries/Johnston) arguably took away new tooling that could've been applied to actual movie characters. In that regard, the realistic Clone Wars figures are going to as well. Which is all reasonable, because a lot of the backgrounders we want have been slow movers compared to those concept figures and Hasbro has to balance things out.

But I hope they wouldn't "replace" concept figures, because I wouldn't mind a concept Gammorean Guard, maybe a few others.

Offline jono

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 8, 2010, 09:02 AM »
Oh i think the concepts will return eventually, but i recall them saying not next year as they have something else planned -Realistic TCW?

yeah there doesn't seem to be many backgrounders in TVC -more in 2011 i think. I don't think they will ever include as many again as in TLC though.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 15, 2010, 11:33 PM »
Whew, sounds like we can put this rumor to rest...for awhile at least, courtesy of Sandtroopers' QA:

"Likewise, some fans have asked for Vintage-style versions of more modern characters and that too is an avenue that we have chosen not go down. Instead, we'll stick to the separate realistic and animated lines for now, each universe to itself."

Right on Hasbro!  :)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #190 on: September 16, 2010, 06:32 AM »
Still think we'll see some eventually, but this is welcome news for now.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 16, 2010, 09:18 AM »
Whew, sounds like we can put this rumor to rest...for awhile at least, courtesy of Sandtroopers' QA:

"Likewise, some fans have asked for Vintage-style versions of more modern characters and that too is an avenue that we have chosen not go down. Instead, we'll stick to the separate realistic and animated lines for now, each universe to itself."

Right on Hasbro!  :)

Personally I like that decision, but I am surprised they don't take the opportunity to make some realistic Clone Wars figures.   I would think the dollar signs would be dancing in their heads with the chance to put Anakin and Kenobi in yet another form to the masses.

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 16, 2010, 12:17 PM »
No, by "Vintage-style" they mean the original figures. Like the Mail-away Rocket Fett. But the sentence after that does seem to indicate no realistic CW figures. On the other hand they were asked only about OT characters in animated style so this could be a "from a certain point of view" type thing.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #193 on: September 16, 2010, 03:50 PM »
It's less money spent for now, so I'm happy either way, but down the road when (I really believe it's going to happen, just a matter of time) they decide to do realistic styled CW3D figures, I'm all in on buying them just as I was into figures from source material i didn't really care about like NJO figures and whatnot.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 16, 2010, 09:28 PM »
Can't say Im exactly disappointed, but if these were ever made, I wouldn't mind picking up a few.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"