Author Topic: Realistic Clone Wars 3D Figures  (Read 51775 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Realistic/Movie Style Clone Wars figures
« Reply #165 on: August 26, 2010, 10:59 PM »
Keep in mind, although I am against the idea and discourage it in every way, I will still buy them.  :P

I love it! I love the honesty of resigning to the fact that you would break down and get them despite being against it because of your obsession with collecting the line. I am in the same boat but am for this one.

In a post long ago I wrote about how collecting this line is like being in an abusive relationship - You keep coming back for more even though you get treated like crap and complain about the situation.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 10:59 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #166 on: August 27, 2010, 12:35 AM »
I'm fine with realistic CW figures.  I LOVE THE SHOW, and I am shocked by certain people who have ignored it (Lando...) and I have collected many of the figures.

I think that this really is just a way to create new Anikins and Obi-Wans.  If they need to keep those two on the pegs, it might as well be something 100% new.

Also, maybe will get a realistic version of Jocastu Nu's animated version.   ;D
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 27, 2010, 12:45 AM »
Also, maybe will get a realistic version of Jocastu Nu's animated version.   ;D

Jocasta Nu in CW style not been made yet but one of both would be good IMO.
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 27, 2010, 01:37 AM »
I have no problems with this if they do it, as long as they keep it to the big guns and important characters. Like others have said, theres really no need for a realistic Captain Argyus, or anything like that, but a movie styled Ashoka or Cad Bane? I'd take that. That said though, I love the animated style too, I think the figures are pretty slick looking, but I'm not the type to mind a sub line or two that tries to be a little different. Honestly, if they go this route, i'd actually like to see them go the other way as well and maybe make an exclusive box set of the OT characters done in animated style. I think that would be a cool novelty item.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #169 on: August 27, 2010, 02:21 AM »
I think you're missing out with the show too Rob...  Honestly, it's good.  It's better than the PT to me.  It's as good as ROTS to me.  It's a little campy sometimes, but so is Star Wars in general I think, and to me this series has had some great, great moments in it. 

Some episodes are better than others.  If you watch Landing at Point Rain and think it sucks and is the dumbest thing in Star Wars you've ever seen though, I think you're simply not going to like anything about the series then.  But even the bad espisodes to me have been good.  Hell, I even like Jar Jar in this. 

Yes, I said that...  I like Jar Jar in this.  Calling 3PO "Threeso"?  That's funny to me for reasons I can't even explain.  They somehow took what Lucas thought he was doing right with him, and actually did it the way it should've been done.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 27, 2010, 02:23 AM »
I wonder what the abundance of animated figures out there would do to the market for realistic ones.  Would kids who already have animated Anakin give a crap about realistic Anakin?

Seems to me like it would only work if it were collector focused and narrow, or if the entire CW line switched and it was mostly new figures with targeted re-dos.

I'm still not particularly interested in the CW show, and I wouldn't be particularly interested in more CW figures.  ;)

« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 02:27 AM by Rob »

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 27, 2010, 09:02 AM »
One thing to consider, though, is would this make it into TVC? Hasbro has said countless times that TVC will have a stricter focus and will be less EU. So why use the potential, extremely limited EU slots on characters that we just saw in the other line?

Does Hasbro consider CW as EU?  I am thinking they don't.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #172 on: August 27, 2010, 11:02 AM »
I personally hope it happens. I decided not to buy the Clone Wars figures but there are a bunch of characters i want. I hope they do go with this.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 27, 2010, 05:30 PM »
I'm for this. Even though I've bought a few, (select few, no more than a 10) CW figs, I"ll be more than happy to get a realistic version of Ashoka, Phase 1 Cody, Rex, Cad Bane, and more.

Then I'll just put my CW figs in their own diorama.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 28, 2010, 07:47 PM »
I wonder what the abundance of animated figures out there would do to the market for realistic ones.  Would kids who already have animated Anakin give a crap about realistic Anakin?

Depends on the kid. The ones who avidly watch the cartoon, pay attention to who he characters are and "collect" (as best they can given the sheer amount of pricey product) or those lose the accessories in .5 seconds, rip all the limbs off and toss it around the room or let the family dog chew on it when they aren't chewing on it themselves.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 28, 2010, 09:45 PM »
Depends on the kid. The ones who avidly watch the cartoon, pay attention to who he characters are and "collect" (as best they can given the sheer amount of pricey product) or those lose the accessories in .5 seconds, rip all the limbs off and toss it around the room or let the family dog chew on it when they aren't chewing on it themselves.

Hey, that correctly fills the description of my 6-year-old brother. The first thing he does (for whatever reason) as soon as he takes the figure out of the package is decapitate the figure. You can't even imagine how many headless Anakins and Obi-Wans he has.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #176 on: August 29, 2010, 06:57 PM »
I would have preferred realistic versions in the beginning, but I enjoy the style of the animated figures and I've grown into it quite a bit.  The show is very good for those who haven't seen it.  It is often better than the PT films, though it has its own flaws.  The Mando storyline was probably better than anything in the prequals, and Landing At Point Rain destroyed any battle in the PT.

I have no interest whatsoever in collecting another line, but I think there are limits to this.  Obviously the main characters will all be represented, as will the infinite skittle troopers, but most of the CW figures already exist as realistic versions.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #177 on: August 30, 2010, 02:41 AM »
Personally I wouldn't really view these as another line...  If anything, I'd view them as Hasbro attempting to make TCW's 3D line even more separate, and making figures for those of us refusing to buy into another line.  They're no different to me than other EU/media out there like comic figures or whatnot.

If they're realistic sculpts, I tend to think of them as part of the same basic line then. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #178 on: August 31, 2010, 11:25 PM »
Personally I wouldn't really view these as another line...  If anything, I'd view them as Hasbro attempting to make TCW's 3D line even more separate, and making figures for those of us refusing to buy into another line.  They're no different to me than other EU/media out there like comic figures or whatnot.

If they're realistic sculpts, I tend to think of them as part of the same basic line then. 

I agree on both of your points. In my opinion this can only help the line not hurt it.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 3, 2010, 04:03 AM »
I've been cherry picking the animated line, some of them just looked to cool to resist, like the Talz for example, but I would still buy realistic versions of clone wars characters. I think Obi Wan and Anakin in their Orto Plutonia gear would make great figures if they did this.