Author Topic: Defender Wishlists 2008 Discussion  (Read 18559 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Defender Wishlists 2008 Discussion
« on: January 22, 2008, 09:32 PM »
We'll be starting these up again after Toy Fair reveals most of 2008 (but not all :-\)

I've been keeping tabs and there has been hardly anything in the top 70 from last year but lots of stuff has been rumored.  Let's hope there is lots of goodies in New York next month...
Here is the schedule:

Episode I
Episode II
Episode III
Episode IV
Episode V
Episode VI
Clone Wars (By popular demand)
EU

We'll wrap up before Comic Con so JediMAC can hand deliver them again (and bend their ear)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 08:29 AM by Scott »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Defender Wishlists 2008 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 08:32 AM »
Looking frward to this again, and i am very happy there is a break in the Clone Wars / EU voting.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 08:45 AM »
+1! I love doing these and seeing everyone else's wish list.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 08:56 AM »
Sadly, we already know we can leave all of the "Vinatge" figures needing updates off the lists, including Lumat who was originally scheduled for '07.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 08:59 AM »
Sadly, we already know we can leave all of the "Vinatge" figures needing updates off the lists, including Lumat who was originally scheduled for '07.

Why would that be?  Its too late for '08 but these are for late '09 and '10 planning basically, the power of the lists is pretty evident if you look back over the last 5 years we've done them.  I'd say almost 70% of the original list has been made, so I wouldn't exclude anything (including things that are strong rumor...Willrow Hood) until its officially announced or shown

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 09:07 AM »
Oh. I did not know that the list went beyond '08.  :-[
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 07:45 PM »
Very nice!  As far as OT figures are concerned, I have a choice selection of new and resculpted figures to hope for  8)

Edit: looking back at the 2007 thread, we could almost transfer everything over since so few were made.  I wonder if Tonnika sisters are going to futilely place high again?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 07:48 PM by Daigo-Bah »
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 08:33 AM »
Well...we really did not get a lot from the lists this year (at most 9 if you include Han Stormtrooper w/ Red Eyed Helmet)...

2007 Wished For Figures That Were Made

The figures that were made this year really knocked out a ton of wished for stuff JUST outside the top 10, I believe 5 of 7 #11's from last year made, lots of stuff in the overall top 20 for each movie.  Lets hope the 2 unannounced waves make our wishes come true :)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 04:36 PM »
Lets hope the 2 unannounced waves make our wishes come true :)

Let's.
Time to start some new lists.
I really want more pilots. I hope Luke Hoth pilot, Grizz Frix & Red 9 make the pilot cut in there are any exclusive vehicles or BP's that are not announced yet!

Red 9 would make a sweet figure too! His heroic big schnoz protruding from the helmet would strike fear in the hearts of the Empire. He would be so awesome!!!

Name:  Lt. Naytaan (Red 9)
Occupation: Rebel pilot who led the relief effort of Clakdor VII in the Mayagil sector - also fought in the Battle of Yavin
How he died: Killed by a TIE fighter laser
Which film? Star Wars: A New Hope
Last spoken words: "I'm hit!!!"

« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 04:38 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 04:57 PM »
Lets hope the 2 unannounced waves make our wishes come true :)

Let's.
Time to start some new lists.
I really want more pilots. I hope Luke Hoth pilot, Grizz Frix & Red 9 make the pilot cut in there are any exclusive vehicles or BP's that are not announced yet!

Red 9 would make a sweet figure too! His heroic big schnoz protruding from the helmet would strike fear in the hearts of the Empire. He would be so awesome!!!

Name:  Lt. Naytaan (Red 9)
Occupation: Rebel pilot who led the relief effort of Clakdor VII in the Mayagil sector - also fought in the Battle of Yavin
How he died: Killed by a TIE fighter laser
Which film? Star Wars: A New Hope
Last spoken words: "I'm hit!!!"

Wookieepedia has actually renamed this guy JohnD as he is credited in the End Credits and he speaks

http://blogs.starwars.com/jfboivin/5
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/John_D._Branon
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 04:58 PM by Scott »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 10:52 PM »
I threw my vote out for Episode 1...  Like I figured I'm seeing a lot of resculpt requests and that seems logical.  That line's seen few resculpts of high quality, and yet that was a BIG portion of collecting for a while.  LOADS of figures, and for quite a while at that, on the pegs.  So with that, you have to consider how dated some of those figures are looking...  Obi-Wan was my immediate go-to request as he's got really ****** E1 figures as far as likeness and articulation goes.  There's probably an SA base figure already in existance that would work well, just with a deco tweak and a new headsculpt, for Obi-Wan.

I wish they'd include those little Jedi communicators for their belts, but I see Qui-Gon didn't get one in the Evolutions set so I'm not hopeful for Obi-Wan.  Hell they don't even give us Saber hilts all the time, and they should.

Anyway, that's neither here nor there...  I just see a lot of resculpt requests, and that makes me happy. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 10:59 PM »
I'm just going to guess here though...resculpts tend to do rather poorly here (1-2 per list, so maybe, 15%).  At other sites, the resculpts are out the wazoo but our readers and listers tend to prefer all new characters over resculpts.  Obi-Wan made it last year, QGJ the year before but outside of that I see most of them being new

I don't disagree against a super keen SA Wave like:

Anakin Skywalker w/ Podrace and Naboo Pilot Helmet and Padawan Head
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ultimate)
Queen Amidala (Red Gown)
Jar Jar Binks SA
Darth Maul (w/ ball elbows)
Nute Gunray SA
Qui Gon Jinn (Evolutions Rerelease)
Battle Droid

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2008, 12:46 AM »
Are there really that many new E1 figures everyone wants though?  That just seems like a movie that's getting squeezed dry on interesting stuff...  I'm sorta not counting repaints in my thinking too though, so the R5's (which I want) would be out by my own logic, but I guess maybe I'm underestimating the power of pod racers.

I just really can't stand the designs for the most part on those and wish we'd get beyond them...  Mawhawnic included, who really isn't a stand-out character.  Rum Sleg's about the only "new guy" I didn't list that I'd like to get from the E1 realm...  Maybe some of the other aliens from the stands at the Pod Race I suppose, but I really feel like that line's almost needing a complete facelift at this point.  It's sorta sad, considering all that was spent on the original figures that now don't hold up too well.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Defender Wishlists 2008: The Phantom Menace
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2008, 10:16 AM »
Rune Haako, something tells me that you really like Nemodians. I just cannot put my finger on it yet......
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2008, 11:35 AM »
I think there should be a separate wishlist round for resculpts. That might be cool.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!