Author Topic: 2008 Medicom Collectors Box Set - AotC  (Read 37646 times)

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
  • Boba Fett?! Boba Fett?! WHERE?!
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Medicom Collectors Box Set - AotC
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2011, 02:52 PM »
2) He has more than one ebay account.

I don't think I've looked at auctions from this seller (so this point is not directed  towards him or anyone else in particular),  but I'll say in general that I've seen shill bidding from certain hong kong sellers. Couldn't prove it 100%, but when you see groups of items selling for surprisingly high prices, then the same group of items pops up for sale by another seller, and the same ebay ids bidding and winning, something's fishy. Just be careful and remember that if you're caught up in a bidding war, there's always a chance you're just bidding against the seller's automated reserve price. 

Offline SaaiBork

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2011, 05:58 AM »
i dont think he can ask for additional money in an auction... i'm pretty sure you can report it and get his auctions shut down. at least you use to be able to do that.

Thanks for mentioning that Adrian. You were right. eBay Surcharges Policy. I have reported it and I am now trying to get a refund for the additional fee.

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2011, 12:33 PM »
glad to help. if you guys find an auction that is asking for additional money. just report them and ebay will take the listing off and will continue to do so untill the seller gets the message. Also, make sure you check Japanese websites...  you'll save a lot of money.

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 15, 2011, 12:54 PM »
Still commands... star wars kubrick box set 5 pcs special B

And seller commands a 5% PayPal fee on top of that ;)

after looking at his auctions... he just needs help with his listings. He should just charge for shipping and save himself the headache.

Offline SaaiBork

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2011, 05:22 PM »
Bobafett2007 told me he was going to remove the 5% PayPal fee from his auctions, but now he has simply changed it to a fixed handling fee, which seems legit. It that turns out to be 5% as well. Anyway, he is going to refund me my 5%. This should be in the scams and fakes thread.

Something more on topic. The ridiculous price for this 2008 collectors box is what caused me to stop collecting Kubricks for a while. That and the devaluation of chases by reissuing them as regulars (indiana, halo, han luke stormtroopers, boba fett). Before that I was a completist. Well almost. Last year I started buying my first bricks again. But now I only buy the ones that I really like and I try to stay away from chases.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2012, 01:52 AM »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 23, 2012, 05:49 PM »
Well, it was free shipping.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2013, 11:42 PM »
Not sure if people are still looking for this set, but I happened to notice that the seller has reduced the price significantly since first being posted:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEDICOM-STAR-WARS-KUBRICK-08-LIMITED-EDITION-5pc-SET-JANGO-FETT-RED-CLONE-TOOPER-/271188572957?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f24193b1d

The box has some wear, but for those of you who are openers, it shouldn't matter...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline bigj22

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2013, 07:00 AM »
Not sure if people are still looking for this set, but I happened to notice that the seller has reduced the price significantly since first being posted:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEDICOM-STAR-WARS-KUBRICK-08-LIMITED-EDITION-5pc-SET-JANGO-FETT-RED-CLONE-TOOPER-/271188572957?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f24193b1d

The box has some wear, but for those of you who are openers, it shouldn't matter...

Well I can tell you I have purchased a lot of his SW KUBS recently and they arrived sealed and boxes in ok condition.In fact i emailed him and he came down even more on all the items. He just wants to sell them fast. I got the Mail AWAY for 120.00  Mace 5 pack  for 150.00 and so on. No problems here with him.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 07:01 AM by bigj22 »