Author Topic: Series 10  (Read 108400 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Series 10
« Reply #315 on: June 14, 2009, 07:06 PM »

Cripes - I hope we start seeing Boba Fetts on Ebay this week.  The wait on S10 is killing me.

Don't put anything off while waiting for that.  My box is coming to my buddy over there direct from Medicom and he hasn't heard anything from them yet. 

Well, I ordered thru NCSX and had them ship S10 with my Fetts, so I'm not going to see S10 until those Fetts come out.  I could ask them to ship seperately, but I'm just too cheap.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BFLV

• Youngling
  • Fan of kubricks
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 14, 2009, 07:12 PM »
i just buy a box of 12 for 84,50 $

Sir Real i love your kubricks tower ^^
you have others pics to see what kub have you ? ;)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 14, 2009, 08:05 PM »
I got my box from NCS and although not the rare chase, i did get a Gree box  ;D

There's another guy over on KN that also pulled a Gree box from NCS.  I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but I really hope that means that they've shipped out two boxes that have rare chases in them as well...  Come one Tuesday, get here already!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline bigj22

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 14, 2009, 11:10 PM »
yeah, that was me. If you dont get a Gree let me know. Like I said before I have an extra one.

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 15, 2009, 02:33 PM »
Wow.
Guys, I just got the price on our MC from a friend and I'm not even sure it includes shipping.
I know they don't get the diacount anymore, but this seems very high and I know for sure they would never cheat me.
I just can't believe these went up that much in general.
I can see paying more at other places than say Robby, but this price seems crazy.
What did people here pay for MC from other places?

CB
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 15, 2009, 02:42 PM »
Wow.
Guys, I just got the price on our MC from a friend and I'm not even sure it includes shipping.
I know they don't get the diacount anymore, but this seems very high and I know for sure they would never cheat me.
I just can't believe these went up that much in general.
I can see paying more at other places than say Robby, but this price seems crazy.
What did people here pay for MC from other places?

CB

So this is how the price worked out as per xe.com but the actual cost on my CC will be the final tally plus if I get hit with customs.  :-\

1 box of 12: 11,172 yen or about $113.870 US.
4 boxes of 12: 44,688 yen or about $455.524 US.
Shipping for the MC: 5,400 yen or about $55.0445 US.
Total damage: 50,088 yen or about $510.287 US or $568.2955 CDN. 

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 15, 2009, 03:05 PM »
I got mine for $490. 

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 15, 2009, 03:45 PM »
I got mine for $490. 

Shipped?

My friend is say$548 and I don't even know if that's with shipping.
Insane.
Even without the discount which they used to get and are not getting for series 10, the price does not make any sense.
Unreal.
I may have to see if they can take the case back, no way any of us can afford this.
Even if you add the discount to what we paid for series 9 the price does not even come close.
Did Kubes actually go up that much?
Crazy.

CB
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #323 on: June 15, 2009, 03:52 PM »
Did Kubes actually go up that much?

Well, the retail Medicom price went up 11% and the USA dollar vs. Yen is about 12% lower than it was for Series 9 (the economy strikes again), so seeing a 20-25% price increase for S10 vs S8/S9 is not all that surprising.

It will be even worse for the Fett series since Medicom jacked up the retail price again on those... expect another 15-20% increase there over S10.   :-\

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 15, 2009, 03:56 PM »
We were all spoiled by RoBby! Did the company that bought them out carry kubs at all?
I think it was Milestone or Milestones or something similar.
Adam

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 15, 2009, 05:09 PM »
Wow! If the prices are that high, I might be wary of nabbing extras of your guys then...  :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 15, 2009, 05:26 PM »
The scariest part is in the end the commons will probably settle out like they always do, around $5 per and that's well below actual cost.  After all, do you sit on your spares for year or take the loss?  Actually I think $5 per common was well below regular cost anyways.  I seem to recall in the $7-9 range and now it's probably over $10.  Ugh. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 15, 2009, 06:26 PM »
Well, my boxes of S10 at NCSX were $125.90.  I'd expect a discount for a master case, but if not it would come to $503.60.  Shipping was pretty cheap - just $10.71 for 4 boxes (2 Series 10 and 2 Fett Series), which should be about the size of a master case.  Of course, my Fett boxes were $165.90 each.   ::)  Sounds like your pricing is high, but not totally unreasonable.

Price per figure is all out of whack because of the chases.  Per figure, My cost came to about $10.75 on the S10 figs and a little over $14 per Fett figure including shipping.  That's pricey, but you're also gambling somewhat on getting a chase.  If you bought a set of commons on Ebay for $50, a 1:24 chase at $30 and a rare chase at $120, you'd have spent $200, which is a spendier $25/figure.   
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 15, 2009, 06:42 PM »
Well, NCSX let me down. When I first placed the order, I went through the paypal routine, but it didn't look like it was completed. I didn't want to double up the order, so I emailed them to ask if it went through. They got right back to me, and told me it had and gave me an order #.  So last week I email them and ask for the status, and they give me a tracking number, which has a ship to address in NJ (I'm in MN). So I email them again and they say they got my order mixed up with another Dan's, and mine never went through.

So, I went to the bay and did a BIN chase greivous at $125, a Gree at $35, with $5 shipping for the two of them. This is the first time since series 2 that I am going after them one by one   :'(

If the math works right, I'll have between $200 and $225 in to the first 8, with Tion left to get. Considering boxes were going to be $125 plus shipping with no gaurantee of chases, I guess I'm ok with the route for this set.

Offline Outkast34

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 15, 2009, 06:53 PM »
Well I got my box of 12 from NCS and got no chases. I'm glad I bought the chases on ebay before I got the box in. I just had that feeling I wouldn't get any chases from the box of 12.