Author Topic: Series 10  (Read 109067 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Series 10
« Reply #345 on: June 16, 2009, 11:13 PM »
My box from NCS has been 'Out for delivery' since 4:56 AM...  The suspense is killing me!!!

My box finally arrived 13 hours after it went out for delivery and it was WELL worth the wait!!!  First box I opened had the 4-Arm Grievous chase figure!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nice work.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 17, 2009, 12:15 AM »
My box from NCS has been 'Out for delivery' since 4:56 AM...  The suspense is killing me!!!

My box finally arrived 13 hours after it went out for delivery and it was WELL worth the wait!!!  First box I opened had the 4-Arm Grievous chase figure!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Awesome - nice find!  How many boxes did you order?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 17, 2009, 12:27 AM »
Awesome - nice find!  How many boxes did you order?

Just one box of 12, so I really hope that you and Jayson have a chase (or two) in your boxes!  Good luck guys!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 17, 2009, 08:03 AM »
Brian's Toys got their shipment and it looks like their chase prices have gone up a bit since Series 9:

Tion Chase

$199 plus shipping.  Yikes!  That's a little hard to swallow...

Well, that didn't last long...  Tion's sold out already.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Outkast34

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 17, 2009, 09:23 AM »

Congrats!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 17, 2009, 11:59 AM »
I picked up my MC about 1/2 hr ago.

On thing my distributor said... even Series 10 hasn't been free of "mutant" cases.  He said that one of his master cases ended up having 4 Grees and no rare chases.  Another case had only 2 Grees and no rare chases.   :o However, the rest of all his cases had the "normal" distribution of chases - 2 Grees and either Tion or Grievous.   He's seen both rare chases in his full order.  Hopefully no one here on JD gets affected by a mutant case.  Enough of you have been through that already!!

Yep, I got a "mutant" case. 2 Grees & no rare chases, that's a first for me. The hunt is now on for the rare chases, gaaaah this is going to cost me.  :'(

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 17, 2009, 12:02 PM »
Yep, I got a "mutant" case. 2 Grees & no rare chases, that's a first for me. The hunt is now on for the rare chases, gaaaah this is going to cost me.  :'(

Sorry to hear about that Dale.  That really sucks...  Good luck on the chase hunt!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 17, 2009, 12:13 PM »
Well I solved the mystery of why Grievous does not sit of the foot peg of the Kuby cases, he has no foot peg. I just slide his front right foot between the toes onto the peg. Damn, he is a tight fit in the case.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 17, 2009, 12:16 PM »
Well I solved the mystery of why Grievous does not sit of the foot peg of the Kuby cases, he has no foot peg. I just slide his front right foot between the toes onto the peg. Damn, he is a tight fit in the case.

I can barely get the standard Grievous in the JL case.  The chase Grievous definitely doesn't fit with all of the lightsabers in his hands...  I may need to get a Medicom case for that one...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #354 on: June 17, 2009, 12:25 PM »
I picked up my MC about 1/2 hr ago.

...snip...

Yep, I got a "mutant" case. 2 Grees & no rare chases, that's a first for me.

Boo Medicom!   >:(

Sorry to hear that Dale, it definitely sucks to get burnt by a mutant case.   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 17, 2009, 12:56 PM »
[Lovell] We're not going to go bouncing off the walls for ten minutes, 'cause we're just going to end up back here with the same problems![/ Lovell]

Well what can ya do, it's the chances ya take.  :-\

Just a note here, I'm putting the Kuby's in the single display cases & noticed a few things besides Grievous being frinkin' huge & no foot pegs.

Be careful with the "Blaster Rifle" for the Clone Troopers, I had one piece fall off. It's the piece that's just under the barrel, it can be glued back on tho. Just very badly put together.

Speaking of very badly put together, I have a Grievous sealed in the bag & the head has snapped off at the neck. This too looks like it can be glued back on but sucks as I have to keep this one cause of the damage & it was like that when I opened the box. I would be careful & check a Grievous 4-arm chase just incase when one arrives, it may have to be sent back & get a refund.

I'm displaying 2 Vader's, with & without the helmet & faceplate. The one with the helmet & faceplate on, Vader is a bit short in the display case & the helmet will fall off & the faceplate just barely stays on. As for the one without the helmet & faceplate off, Vader can hold the faceplate in ethier hand but the helmet will not display very well loose as is too big for the case to sit at the bottom. Just sucks.  :-\

Other than those few things, the figures have the odd loose limbs. You would think for a price increase that you would get better quality Kuby's. Nope I guess not.

Echoes Jeff... Boo Medicom!  >:(

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #356 on: June 17, 2009, 02:39 PM »
I opened mine so I'm now the proud owner of Series 10.  I'm not going to reveal anything about the chase hunt in deference to Jeff so that he can open his with the anticipation of the unknown chase hunt.

Well, I got my two boxes today. I ripped open the Tarfful boxes and the Grievous boxes and...  no chases of any kind for me.  :( 

Hopefully Brent was able to find a rare chase because I'd hate to find out that we got a mutant case too.

So, I guess I'm hunting for both rares myself.  I'm really glad that Brent and I made a deal to split the Grees or I would have been skunked on chases altogether!  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 17, 2009, 03:00 PM »
Gee, I hope Brent got an uber chase too Jeff. Happy ya guys split the Gree's.  8)

So you & I are in the same boat now, you want to row or me?  :-\

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #358 on: June 17, 2009, 04:03 PM »
That sucks Jeff.  :-\ Good luck on your hunt for the chases.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 17, 2009, 04:56 PM »
So now I can reveal what I found....  No Rare Chases.  >:( However, we did get a Mutant Case variant in that when we (my kids and I) opened up the 24 that I had, we uncovered 4 Grees.  I'm assuming there were 2 Grees in each box of 12 but I have no way of knowing for sure.

So if anyone needs a Gree, I've got one more left (1 for me, 1 to Jeff, and 1 to IamSith).  I've also got a full set of 6 I'm looking to unload.

I suppose I need to go chase hunting as well.  I'm not 100% sold on these chase right now.  I'm having a hard time with $200 for a figure.  I overspent on my Saesee Tiin last year and I haven't forgiven myself yet.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 05:03 PM by BrentS »