Author Topic: Series 10  (Read 108569 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Series 10
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2008, 04:51 AM »
Unfortunatlly they do not ship to North America, if they did we would have been all over them long ago but one would think you would have to order a hell of a lot of product to push around if they did. In most cases you have to be a store to sell the products like Robby but the few got in under the wire before questions were asked.  :-X

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2008, 01:29 PM »
I got another e-mail from Milestone after contactingt hem and they said although they do not normally deal with Medicom or Hot Toys, they are not against placing on order for the items. He said to ask and that may still may be able to assist. Its worth a shot...better than what we have now.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2008, 01:46 PM »
I got another e-mail from Milestone after contactingt hem and they said although they do not normally deal with Medicom or Hot Toys, they are not against placing on order for the items. He said to ask and that may still may be able to assist. Its worth a shot...better than what we have now.

:o

Well that a plus I guess, it depends on their cost. Will the sell by the 1 MC, box of 12 or will it have to be a bulk order?

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2008, 02:05 PM »
Interesting... the last e-mail I got from them was a resounding "no" to Medicom.  Perhaps because they are getting a lot of requests from the former Robby.jp customers they have decided to look into it?

Like Dale said, I guess a lot will depend on how much they want to charge and what type of quantity they need you to order...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2008, 02:07 PM »
I think I'll let my membership just slide into nothingness.  I'll just jump in with the whore reseller that is Jeff if he'll have me. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2008, 02:48 PM »

:o

Well that a plus I guess, it depends on their cost. Will the sell by the 1 MC, box of 12 or will it have to be a bulk order?

I have not responded with any specifics yet but i was just happy to hear there still may be a chance.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2008, 09:23 PM »
Well I hope you guys are able to try and work something out with them. 

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2008, 09:24 AM »
Another e-mail from this new place...

please do not hesitate to inquire anything after making contract with my company.

Making contract, that just did not read right to me.  :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2008, 12:24 PM »
Yeah, I got a similar one.  Not so keen either.  I haven't responded to them at all so I'm pretty sure I'll just let this slide away into memory.  I might regret it later. 

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2008, 12:59 PM »
I'm still not sure abot this new Milestone place...  in one e-mail they tell me they don't deal with Medicom, then they someone else that they can try.

I'm all for them trying I guess, but when I read stuff like "Lastly we have no obligation to return your deposit or prepaid even in case you agreed this succession" made me sort of nervous to give them any deposits/cash.   :-\

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2008, 06:03 PM »
I'm all for them trying I guess, but when I read stuff like "Lastly we have no obligation to return your deposit or prepaid even in case you agreed this succession" made me sort of nervous to give them any deposits/cash.   :-\

I actually took that to mean they are not taking over and outstanding orders from robby. So if robby owes someone produict or money, theis Milestone is saying they are not responsible.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2008, 10:14 AM »
Robby.jp is officially dead as of tomorrow :'(   It was a good, fun run.  I'll miss thee. 

Very sad that my last box from Robby had the two clone variants in it.  I took that as a good sign of things to come.  Now I'll have to see if HLJ can give me some sort of luck. 

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2008, 10:18 AM »
Yeah, looks like the last e-mail from Robby Brent, website will be closed at 3:00PM, Friday, October 31 (Japanese time).  

Sigh! A sad day for all that dealed with them, it was good run. Thanks for everything.

RoBBy Inc... 

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2008, 11:50 AM »
Yeah, the death of Robby sucks.  I'm glad that so many of us were able to get in there before they shut out new US accounts - we lucked into a lot of good deals that way.  I'm still not 100% sure on this new place.  I may still pursue a small order for S10 if they can work out a good price (assuming they can even get them), but there is probably no way that I'm risking $4k-$5k on 12+ master cases from a place I've never dealt with before...   :-\

Offline StealthTank

• Youngling
  • "Kubrick Royalty"
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2008, 09:17 PM »
R.I.P. Robby!

Sure gonna miss ya.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 09:18 PM by StealthTank »