Author Topic: Series 10  (Read 109045 times)

Offline kaysui0248

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Series 10
« Reply #240 on: June 9, 2009, 10:20 AM »

So this is how the price worked out as per xe.com but the actual cost on my CC will be the final tally plus if I get hit with customs.  :-\

1 box of 12: 11,172 yen or about $113.870 US.
4 boxes of 12: 44,688 yen or about $455.524 US.
Shipping for the MC: 5,400 yen or about $55.0445 US.
Total damage: 50,088 yen or about $510.287 US or $568.2955 CDN. 

DSJ that is very expensive for a master case for SWS10! I was thinking about placing an order with HLJ but in the end decided not too.

A contact I made with a  HK toy seller offered me a chance to buy a master case for $405.60 which I took up.  Like all you boys/girls out there I am still waiting for this seller to come up with the goods.

Maybe I will be charged extra for shipping to the UK when this finally does show up. Good luck with master case and for those who have ordered from HLJ

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 9, 2009, 10:31 AM »
Do you have any idea whether NCS gets their stuff from HK vs. Japan?  I'm not expecting to get a rare chase with just one box, but you never know. 

As this is my first order with them, I honestly have no idea.  I too am not expecting to get a chase with my box, but we at least have a 50% chance of getting something, right?!  I'd be happy if I ended up with the Gree and floored if I ended up with one of the rares.  Either way, I'm not going to be disappointed at all if I don't get a chase in this box.  I just want to get them in hand...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 9, 2009, 10:43 AM »
Where does everyone order from now, seeing as no more RoBby? I`ve not seen great prices anywhere
Adam

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 9, 2009, 11:05 AM »
I jumped on the Early Bird preorder at HLJ, 5% off the regular price of 11,760 yen so about $120.32 US per box of 12. I saved $6.45 per box of 12. On the MC, $25.80 roughly. I also noticed at HLJ that Series 10 is listed as discontinued so they filled thier allotment.

I have no idea where NCSX gets their stuff from, just a place I stubbled upon the net looking around but at $125.90 US per 12 I guess that's not too bad next to BBTS for $149.99 UD for 12. Maybe they get them from HLJ.  :-X

I really hope this NCSX comes through for you guys, keep those fingers crossed.  :)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 9, 2009, 11:18 AM »
I really hope this NCSX comes through for you guys, keep those fingers crossed.  :)

You and me both... I really don't want to have to order a box from ebay or from BBTS...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 9, 2009, 12:42 PM »
Kenji over at RS posted a pic of the Grievous chase he got. With the size of him & the sabers, he's a little cramped in the Kuby display case. Notice, he is not attached to the floor peg. :-\

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 9, 2009, 12:43 PM »

You and me both... I really don't want to have to order a box from ebay or from BBTS...

AMEN.  I'm not used to ordering boxes of these and went in on an order with Jay for these and the Fett sets, so I'm really hoping they come thru.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #247 on: June 9, 2009, 12:44 PM »
Hmmm... I wonder how either Grievous will fit in those JL cases?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 9, 2009, 12:55 PM »
Wow, grievous looks big.  I didn't realize he was oversized like that.  I'm a bit worried about fitting him into my case as well.  Have we seen any images of the regular grievous?  Is he the same size?

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 9, 2009, 01:01 PM »
Hmmm... I wonder how either Grievous will fit in those JL cases?

We're about to find out Jayson...  I really hope it fits.  I'd hate to have one figure from this series out of the case.

Have we seen any images of the regular grievous?  Is he the same size?

I have to believe that it would have a bigger footprint than the chase figure as it has the cape as well.  That didn't look like a soft goods cape, so the hard plastic cape may be pretty difficult to fit in your case or the JL case.

AMEN.  I'm not used to ordering boxes of these and went in on an order with Jay for these and the Fett sets, so I'm really hoping they come thru.

I looked back at posts from the Series 8 and Series 9 releases and people that ordered from NCSX got their orders filled as well as got lucky with both the common and rare chases.  My fingers are crossed that one of us will end up with one of the chases.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 9, 2009, 01:12 PM »
Wow, grievous looks big.  I didn't realize he was oversized like that.  I'm a bit worried about fitting him into my case as well.  Have we seen any images of the regular grievous?  Is he the same size?

Here ya go, from kenji.

Here's a shot with the Gree chases.

Frickn' huge!  :o

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 9, 2009, 02:42 PM »
Heh.  Medicom gets scale.  Go figure. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 10, 2009, 09:12 AM »
Well, just sighted a Tion on ebay. And of course it's from Honorius charging a rediculous price of $277.80

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Star-Wars-10-secret-TION-MEDON-chase-Kubrick_W0QQitemZ150350798587QQihZ005QQcategoryZ36553QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

More like he changed the price to higher after listing it 20 minutes later & it sold! $288.00! Oy!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #253 on: June 10, 2009, 09:20 AM »
Well, just sighted a Tion on ebay. And of course it's from Honorius charging a rediculous price of $277.80

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Star-Wars-10-secret-TION-MEDON-chase-Kubrick_W0QQitemZ150350798587QQihZ005QQcategoryZ36553QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

More like he changed the price to higher after listing it 20 minutes later & it sold! $288.00! Oy!
WHoever bought that needs to be shot...seriously...that is almost 3 times more than it should be ::)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 10, 2009, 09:25 AM »
Agreed Scott, must have deep pockets. Same buyer also got ZAM WESELL for $178.

$466.00 within a muntue. Zoinks!