Author Topic: Series 10  (Read 109283 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Series 10
« Reply #270 on: June 11, 2009, 10:35 AM »
Another Tion on the block, from US seller datoys. $189.99 plus shipping.

Series 10 TION MEDON 1:96

Sold

Insane.  Congrats on winning this - I think you'll be the first of us to get one!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 10:36 AM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 11, 2009, 01:03 PM »
The case I'm splitting with Jeff is on route to me now.  Hopefully I'll have it by Monday at the latest.  The foil will be flying soon enough.

On thing my distributor said... even Series 10 hasn't been free of "mutant" cases.  He said that one of his master cases ended up having 4 Grees and no rare chases.  Another case had only 2 Grees and no rare chases.   :o However, the rest of all his cases had the "normal" distribution of chases - 2 Grees and either Tion or Grievous.   He's seen both rare chases in his full order.  Hopefully no one here on JD gets affected by a mutant case.  Enough of you have been through that already!!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 11, 2009, 01:09 PM »
On thing my distributor said... even Series 10 hasn't been free of "mutant" cases.  He said that one of his master cases ended up having 4 Grees and no rare chases.  Another case had only 2 Grees and no rare chases.   :o However, the rest of all his cases had the "normal" distribution of chases - 2 Grees and either Tion or Grievous.   He's seen both rare chases in his full order.  Hopefully no one here on JD gets affected by a mutant case.  Enough of you have been through that already!!

Oh blast... hate to see that all over again.  :-\

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 11, 2009, 01:16 PM »
Oh blast... hate to see that all over again.  :-\

I think Evenflow and I are definitely not wanting to see that again.  I'm starting to have flashbacks to Series 8...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline AndyG

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #274 on: June 11, 2009, 01:27 PM »
Sold

Insane.  Congrats on winning this - I think you'll be the first of us to get one!

No, not me. Over £100 / $160 for a chase is far too much for me.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 11, 2009, 02:47 PM »
Tion Medon is getting snapped up faster than a hooker on sale! The same seller listed another one at the same price (sold) then another one & up'd it to $199.99 (sold).

Oh yeah, what a great line to get into eh.  Lottery or another mortage to feed the thirst.  ;D

Stand by for action, Tion is hot!

Are they here yet?  :-\

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 11, 2009, 03:00 PM »
The case I'm splitting with Jeff is on route to me now.  Hopefully I'll have it by Monday at the latest.  The foil will be flying soon enough.

Out of curiousity, how does your distributor know what was in each master case?  Is this feedback he's getting from buyers or has he opened and checked that many master cases?   ???
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #277 on: June 11, 2009, 03:59 PM »
how does your distributor know what was in each master case?

He doesn't.  When Brent said "his cases", he meant the guy's personal master cases (I know he opened quite a few), not ALL the cases he's selling.  The guy was just talking about the cases that they themselves or other customers have opened so far.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 11, 2009, 05:18 PM »
From NCS:

This email has been sent to inform you that your order has been updated to a status of Partially Shipped.

No expected shipping date from UPS yet, but I'm very excited to know these are on their way!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 11, 2009, 05:26 PM »
Spanky has the chases up. 20,790 for Tion (little over 210$ US I think)
Adam

Offline skyward72

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 11, 2009, 08:12 PM »
Got my box from HLJ today, and the chase General Grievous was waiting inside.  I was hoping for Tion as I'm not that impressed with Grievous.  I'll take it though.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 11, 2009, 08:16 PM »
Got my box from HLJ today, and the chase General Grievous was waiting inside.  I was hoping for Tion as I'm not that impressed with Grievous.  I'll take it though.

Nice!  Did you just get one box? 

I have an offer from someone on the Bay.  He's selling a complete set of basic 6 and Gree and the Chase 4 arm Grievous for $200 plus shipping.  If that nets out to $220 I'm not sure that it's a very good deal ($60 for basic, $40 for Gree, and $120 for Chase Grievous?)  What do you guys think?  I'm wavering back in forth on this one - doesn't help that I already have a box of S10 on the way.   :P

Offline skyward72

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 11, 2009, 08:19 PM »
Yup, just one box.

Its sounds like a decent deal.  Grievous could dip below $120.00 if you wait long enough.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 08:20 PM by skyward72 »

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 11, 2009, 10:02 PM »

Congrats man!  S10 starts off with a bang!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #284 on: June 11, 2009, 10:07 PM »
He's selling a complete set of basic 6 and Gree and the Chase 4 arm Grievous for $200 plus shipping.  If that nets out to $220 I'm not sure that it's a very good deal ($60 for basic, $40 for Gree, and $120 for Chase Grievous?)  What do you guys think? 

$220 for a set of 8 is about the "norm" for 'bricks as new as these.  Like skyward said, the prices may come down over time, but for now, about $200-225 for a set of 8 is right around the "normal" price.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender