Author Topic: Series 10  (Read 108400 times)

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
Re: Series 10
« Reply #360 on: June 17, 2009, 05:58 PM »
Oh man...it will very bad if I don't get a 1:96, I'm eatting most of this case.
Sorry some of ended up in that boat.
What the heck is going on.

CB
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 17, 2009, 09:42 PM »

It's really unfortunate that you guys that ordered the MC's have so far come up empty on rare chases.  With Series 8 I was willing to say that it was a fluke that a few of us ended up missing rares in our cases when the majority of people got them.  Then with Series 9 it seemed as though everything was back to normal.  Now it's out of whack again and I just don't get it.  You would think that Medicom increasing the price would translate into better quality figures (like DSJ was saying earlier today) and better Quality Control making sure that the case ratios are accurate.

I for one will not order another MC for these releases and it isn't because I ended up with a rare chase from NCS.  If I know I have a 1 in 4 chance of getting a box of 12 sent to me with a rare chase, I'm ok with that.  If I don't get one, no big deal, I wasn't expecting it.  On the flip side, I'm not ok with spending $500+ for a MC and not getting a rare chase at all.  I'll keep rolling the dice with places like NCS for as long as they continue to put these Series up for order at a reasonable price.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 17, 2009, 10:08 PM »
Yeouch guys.  Sorry for all the bad luck out there.  It appears I picked the right time to not be buying a box or MC. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 18, 2009, 12:13 AM »
Wow. Dale & Jeff, sorry to hear about the mutant cases.  That really blows.  I didn't start buying complete boxes until Series 9, but the potential for a chase lured me in.  Knowing there are master cases with no rares has definitely killed the idea of ever buying a master case for me.  Frankly, I'm surprised at how many of the NCS orders seemed to have either a rare or a Gree box so far.  I'm hoping that bodes well for my S10 boxes and Fett boxes as well whenever they're released.  Anyway, good luck tracking down the rares.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 18, 2009, 10:15 AM »

It's really unfortunate that you guys that ordered the MC's have so far come up empty on rare chases.  With Series 8 I was willing to say that it was a fluke that a few of us ended up missing rares in our cases when the majority of people got them.  Then with Series 9 it seemed as though everything was back to normal.  Now it's out of whack again and I just don't get it.  You would think that Medicom increasing the price would translate into better quality figures (like DSJ was saying earlier today) and better Quality Control making sure that the case ratios are accurate.

The biggest problem here is that Medicom has never (to my knowledge) promised that every Master Case will have a "rare secret" figure in it.  So its not really a quality control issue (in their minds).  They also don't market these cases for collectors to buy the whole box, they are marketed and designed to be sold as individual units at a retail store.  So for the average consumer, it is truly supposed to be random when they buy a box to see if it has a "secret" figure or a normal figure.   Now if a box of 12 is advertised to have all 6 regular figures in it and it comes up short one of those 6 figures, then I'd agree thats a QC issue.

I for one will not order another MC for these releases and it isn't because I ended up with a rare chase from NCS.  If I know I have a 1 in 4 chance of getting a box of 12 sent to me with a rare chase, I'm ok with that.  If I don't get one, no big deal, I wasn't expecting it.  On the flip side, I'm not ok with spending $500+ for a MC and not getting a rare chase at all.  I'll keep rolling the dice with places like NCS for as long as they continue to put these Series up for order at a reasonable price.

I agree here.  I think I'm done ordering Master Cases.  With the price rises and trends in chase assortment, its just not "worth" the financial risk in my opinion.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 18, 2009, 11:29 AM »
The hunt for the 2 rare chases has begun, I'm half way done. Grievous 4-Arm Secured   ;D

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 18, 2009, 04:45 PM »
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 04:45 PM by Mikey D »
Common sense isn't so common

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 19, 2009, 03:13 AM »
Secret Grievous BIN $98 (plus $30 shipping)

$98. is a really good price but the shipping cost of $30. is out to lunch. Heck, mine is being sent from Taipei, Taiwan for $6. registered mail. It should not cost more than $12. to have a single figure shipped tracked.

The seller also has Shaak Ti for a bin of $80. & $30. to ship & the Darth Maul w/Sith Speeder for $145. & $60. to ship. No way in Sam's hell they cost that much to ship unless delivered by a hooker & that hooker better be Megan Fox!

Offline bigj22

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 19, 2009, 09:47 AM »
to sum it up, some sellers overcharge shipping  and say its for handling and supplies and to save on EBAY fees. Just a note, it is against Ebay policies. Please read my other post on the Newbee post to see.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 19, 2009, 10:44 AM »
...unless delivered by a hooker & that hooker better be Megan Fox!

Did she change professions? I missed that on the latest TPS report.  :-\

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 19, 2009, 10:45 AM »
...unless delivered by a hooker & that hooker better be Megan Fox!

Did she change professions? I missed that on the latest TPS report.  :-\

Ya know what I mean.  ;)  :P

Offline kaysui0248

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 19, 2009, 11:07 AM »

$98. is a really good price but the shipping cost of $30. is out to lunch. Heck, mine is being sent from Taipei, Taiwan for $6. registered mail. It should not cost more than $12. to have a single figure shipped tracked.

The seller also has Shaak Ti for a bin of $80. & $30. to ship & the Darth Maul w/Sith Speeder for $145. & $60. to ship. No way in Sam's hell they cost that much to ship unless delivered by a hooker & that hooker better be Megan Fox!

Just looking at the yahoo auctions contacted a seller for a 4 arm Greivous he wants to charge me $920 HKD in total with shipping cost via registered airmail to the UK. The slight problem I have is thes seller is charging an additional 5% paypal fee.

http://hk.f2.page.auctions.yahoo.com/hk/show/qanda?aID=b11180697
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 11:08 AM by kaysui0248 »

Offline Sir Real

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 19, 2009, 12:29 PM »

CB

I'm looking to get 2 extra Vaders, so if you have 'em, I'd gladly relieve some of your cost.

Offline bigj22

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 19, 2009, 01:09 PM »

CB

I'm looking to get 2 extra Vaders, so if you have 'em, I'd gladly relieve some of your cost.

i have 2 still sealed if your interested
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 01:10 PM by bigj22 »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 19, 2009, 01:12 PM »

Just looking at the yahoo auctions contacted a seller for a 4 arm Greivous he wants to charge me $920 HKD in total with shipping cost via registered airmail to the UK. The slight problem I have is thes seller is charging an additional 5% paypal fee.

http://hk.f2.page.auctions.yahoo.com/hk/show/qanda?aID=b11180697

I know on the bay that they can't charge Paypal fees but on the Yahoo auction sites... dunno. Might still apply. Still, with the fee at $125. total is not too bad. He's been going for $112.-$150. on the bay.