Author Topic: TRU Dagger Squadron B-Wing Starfighter  (Read 30198 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: TRU B-Wing Starfighter (Dagger Squadron?)
« Reply #30 on: June 5, 2008, 03:30 PM »
It's odd they went with the sticker route to create the respective decos. But, once we apply one set of stickers, what do with the rest?

Maybe they could have made plastic panels/disks that snapped on achieve the same result with the added benefit of being able to reconfigure the B-Wing's deco at will.  :-\
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 5, 2008, 03:31 PM »
Wow.  Brainfart on my end.  I think I only took a few minutes to "play" with the ship before I hung it from the ceiling.  I still remember how excited I was to get the POTJ one as I didn't even know this ship was released in the vintage days - another brainfart.

So I'm looking forward to another release.  I really dug the colorscheme on the titanium one that came out awhile back so it would be nice to see it painted up like that version.  

I'm probably in the minority here, but I could care less what the figure looks like.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: June 5, 2008, 04:50 PM »
I'd maybe be interested in the figure then iFett, if you didn't want it...  LMK.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 5, 2008, 04:58 PM »
I'd maybe be interested in the figure then iFett, if you didn't want it...  LMK.

I did the same thing with the Y-Wing for Justin.  I'll be in touch.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 8, 2008, 06:42 PM »
So is anyone thinking about getting four of these so you can have one for each member of the squadron?

I'm hoping that the figure the ship comes packed with doesn't change, 'cause then I'd need to buy EIGHT of them!!!!  :-\

Hopefully the figure is always the same and then I can just get four to open, one to keep MIB and then hopefully at some point the other three pilots will be released.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 9, 2008, 09:33 AM »
So is anyone thinking about getting four of these so you can have one for each member of the squadron?

Wondering about that myself. I won't be.

I'm hoping that the figure the ship comes packed with doesn't change, 'cause then I'd need to buy EIGHT of them!!!!  :-\

Didn't even think about that one. That would be insane.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 9, 2008, 10:20 AM »

Hopefully the figure is always the same and then I can just get four to open, one to keep MIB and then hopefully at some point the other three pilots will be released.

Why 8??

$-one for each member of the squad, then another for the actual figure in the package and maybe another to keep boxed. So that's 6, but why the additional 2??

I'll likely just buy one of these. I don't know the squad. Were I to put them in a diorama, it would likely be in a seedy alien bar or readying themselves in a Hangar. I wouldn't need each characters own B-wing.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 9, 2008, 12:22 PM »

I think he was saying eight if they had four variations of the B-wing with the different Pilots.
Then it would be four to open and four to have boxed.

I didn't think there were and collectors left in the wild like that.   That could collect all the variations plus one to open. 

Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 9, 2008, 01:09 PM »

I think he was saying eight if they had four variations of the B-wing with the different Pilots.
Then it would be four to open and four to have boxed.

I didn't think there were and collectors left in the wild like that.   That could collect all the variations plus one to open. 

Ah, point taken.

I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 9, 2008, 08:26 PM »
Yes, there are some of us in the wild left.

For example, I have four of the new White large wing TIE:

Pristine White opened
Pristine White MIB
Dirty/Gray-wash White opened
Dirty/Gray-wash White MIB

I bought one each of all TAC figures including variations. On only some did I buy more to open (mostly troopers I wanted and the Pit Droids)

I bought all of the TAC battlepacks even if they had been previously released just for the packaging. I didn't buy a second one to open if I already had the contents exactly "as is" from a TSC or EP3 release.

So, I'm one of those collectors who Hasbro should "love". Apparently they didn't get the memo though.  ::)

Anyway, getting back to the Dagger Squadron, yeah, I said EIGHT because if they have the ship come with a single figure, but then come in four different versions, then I would want one of each version MIB and one of each version open.

So ctonra was correct in his analysis of my ramblings...  ;D

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 9, 2008, 09:49 PM »

^ Courtesy of www.jediinsider.com

Looks a LOT better than I thought it would.  I like that paint scheme... damn, I might have to get this.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 9, 2008, 10:28 PM »
Yeah, I thought it looked pretty awesome as well, until I saw those ugly red cannons. Looks like $40 or more saved for me... definitely getting two A-Wings instead.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: June 9, 2008, 10:31 PM »
Looks like a human B-WInger there, and the height doesn't look too bad...  Definitely wanting the pilot then.

iFett, just let me know on that one, I'll take a pilot.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #43 on: June 9, 2008, 10:37 PM »
Yeah, I thought it looked pretty awesome as well, until I saw those ugly red cannons. Looks like $40 or more saved for me... definitely getting two A-Wings instead.

I think I'll be passing too. The red guns are bunk! I do like the pilot though.
« Last Edit: June 9, 2008, 10:39 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 9, 2008, 11:01 PM »
I still need a B-Wing for my collection, so I was really looking forward to this.  Right now I'm pretty disappointed with this paint scheme.   :-\

However, the poorly lit picture isn't exactly making it easy to make a decision.