Author Topic: TRU Dagger Squadron B-Wing Starfighter  (Read 30208 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: TRU B-Wing Starfighter with Pilot
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2008, 09:10 AM »
Apparently, they canceled everyone's order who ordered on-line. :(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Dagger Squadron B-Wing... 4 Potential Ships?
« Reply #16 on: June 5, 2008, 01:31 AM »
I'm starting this for its own topic since it's unknown yet if it's tied to the EE mystery pack or not, but Ghost of QG certainly found something interesting on Hasbro.com...

I think it is a Pilot 6 pack and here's why. In the new Rebellion comic there is a squadron of B-Wings referred to as Dagger Squadron. Ok. Now on Hasbro's website they have an instruction pamphlet for a Dagger Squadron B-Wing. On one of the pages it says you can customize it 4 different ways and tells you the pilots names:

Lt. Netrem Pollard(Squadron Leader), Black Dagger
Vin Nothos,Scarlet Dagger
Callen Troyt, Gold Dagger
Nera Dantels, Blue Dagger

Here's the PDF link:
http://www.hasbro.com/common/instruct/87764.pdf

Just an FYI to you guys. Whatcha think?

So what's the deal?

A ship with stickers for 4 "unique" looks?  Interchangeable armament for the fighter too?  Interesting... 

I'd never heard of them, but it's interesting.  I wonder too, will there be more then tying to this storyline?  Tying product together is potentially cool I guess, but how many folks are really gonna buy 4 of the B-Wing?  Yikes!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
Re: Dagger Squadron B-Wing... 4 Potential Ships?
« Reply #17 on: June 5, 2008, 01:44 AM »
Good find by Ghost of QG.  I'm not interested in non-film versions of familiar ships, but I am curious about the pilots.  Do they have the traditional red flight suits?  Could be a way to get some variation out of the Ten Nunb sculpt!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 5, 2008, 01:48 AM »
I believe that Dagger Squadron is actually involved in a current storyline in Dark Horse's REBELLION title.  I recall that the pilots were sent on a first mission for the B-Wings that might also be a rescue.

Given the timing, I think this is much more likely to be a LEGACY release than  30AC.
« Last Edit: June 5, 2008, 01:56 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: June 5, 2008, 01:56 AM »
So what's the deal?

I think the "Dagger Squadron B-Wing" shown there has to be the rumored TRU exclusive B-Wing.  In a Q&A answer, Hasbro said...

As for the rumored TRU B-Wing, you will have to wait a little longer for news on that. We will say that it is not tied to the OTC, but, in fact, something else is brewing in the Expanded Universe that we do not want to announce just yet.

Since they confirmed the 2008 TRU B-Wing is not OT, but rather EU-based, it seems to fit nicely with this instruction sheet... ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: TRU B-Wing Starfighter (Dagger Squadron?)
« Reply #20 on: June 5, 2008, 02:09 AM »
Yup, and they've been saying something was "special" about it...  it'd be special if it tied to the EE 6-pack too, and it's unique with the differing stickers for different pilots and whatnot.

A unique direction Hasbro's going with this for sure...  With its EU-ishness, will it be popular though? 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 5, 2008, 02:33 AM »
I got real lucky on the Dagger Squad find. Also, on that page for the B-Wing instructions are the instructions for the CW V-Wing:

http://www.hasbro.com/common/instruct/87479.pdf

and Clone Helmet...

http://www.hasbro.com/common/instruct/87627.pdf

and the CW Ultimate Lightsaber(you can even make Maris Brood's saber)

http://www.hasbro.com/common/instruct/87625.pdf

and the BMF Falcon:

http://www.hasbro.com/common/instruct/87591.pdf
« Last Edit: June 5, 2008, 02:39 AM by Ghost of QG »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: June 5, 2008, 02:37 AM »
Cool stuff...  I'm guessing the B-WIng isn't anything new, which sucks, but at the same time I didn't expect much either.

I'm all about the pilots...  I almost hope the ship itself doesn't come with a figure and that the EE pack makes up the pilot pack-ins...  That, would be ideal.  I hate pack-in figures I want with ships I could care less about.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 5, 2008, 09:27 AM »
Cool find, and like others have said, it matches up with the B-Wing rumors/confirmation for TRU later this year.  Its kind of a neat idea, but like Jesse said, I wonder how much it will fly with collectors since it is pretty much based on an EU concept (and not really a well known one at that).  That said, with all the Jedi starfighter repaints we've gotten the past couple years, its not so bad that they are making some different versions of the OT ships for people to build up squadrons.  Its not likely something I'll be picking up, unless its quite spiffy, but like everyone else - I'm interested in the potential pilots.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: June 5, 2008, 09:32 AM »
I almost hope the ship itself doesn't come with a figure

Sorry to dash your hopes, but the instruction sheet says "Includes ship, figure and labels." 

There is definitely a pack-in figure of some kind included... too bad it doesn't say who.
« Last Edit: June 5, 2008, 09:34 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 5, 2008, 09:35 AM »
Multiple sticker sets is an awesome idea. I'm sure they could boost x-wing sales if they did it for one of those.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 5, 2008, 11:08 AM »
My take on this? Good for Hasbro. Even though the ship is an old mold, they are trying new things and not making the same pilot figures over and over again. People wanted EU, and now we are getting them. Even though it is a bit obscure, I like the fact that they are shaking it up a little and creating more diverse figures and ships, and , IMO, I think Hasbro has realized to an extent that they will have to dip into the EU for their figures a little more regularly now. Here's the great thing: If you don't like it, don't buy it. If you do like it, grab it up. Either way it does make for interesting conversation....

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 5, 2008, 12:29 PM »
Nice find Ghost!

Cool stuff...  I'm guessing the B-WIng isn't anything new, which sucks, but at the same time I didn't expect much either.

Looks like they at least tweaked it a bit..

- firing cannons
- turn engine nozzle to open wings (I don't remember that)
- activate switch under engine to retract landing gear (ditto)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 5, 2008, 12:44 PM »
The wing and landing gear features were definitely on the vintage version...it was one of my favorite toys as a kid.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: June 5, 2008, 03:17 PM »
Yeah, the last two features are on the original...  The cannons were separate pieces as it is, so really they just tooled up new stuff to plug in their place.  Cool effort there, I admit, but still a bit of an underwhelming ship to me...  Enough I'll be annoyed trying to get the pilot pack-in it comes with.  :-\

For the record too, it's a pretty nice ship/toy in general, just underscaled which is why I'll be passing on it other than the figure.  As toys go though, I think the B-Wing is the OT equivalent of a Gunship personally.  It was my favorite as a kid.

Good news is maybe I can sell the ship for (hopefully) one of the other pilots to someone on the boards. :P
« Last Edit: June 5, 2008, 03:20 PM by Jesse James »