Author Topic: TFU Stormtrooper Commander  (Read 36026 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
TFU Stormtrooper Commander
« on: December 20, 2007, 10:32 PM »
Another new pic making the rounds this week...

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 12:07 AM »
^ My early nomination for worst figure of 2008.

Thanks for the pic though... just really I think the weathering looks awful... looks like a cheesy custom.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 12:08 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 12:41 AM »
Since this version isn't in one of the WalMart 3-packs and it's not in the Wave 2 assortment, what do you all think the chances are this figure will be a Target Exclusive just like the Saleucami and Utapau Shadow Trooper clones were?

While they haven't had a specific figure as an exclusive for a while, I could totally see Target wanting an exclusive figure as part of their Force Unleashed offerings.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 09:13 AM »
Ack, that's horrid. I SO want to be a Stormtrooper purist. Other than the Shadow Stormtrooper that is. Sadly, I know I'll prolly cave and buy one or more of these.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 09:17 AM »
what do you all think the chances are this figure will be a Target Exclusive just like the Saleucami and Utapau Shadow Trooper clones were?

"Why don't you give me a paper cut, and pour lemon juice in it?"
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 09:38 AM »
what do you all think the chances are this figure will be a Target Exclusive just like the Saleucami and Utapau Shadow Trooper clones were?

That was my guess...

it looks like the Blue Storm Commander is going to be carded.  Since he's not in the TFU wave, maybe he'll be a Target exclusive to counter these Wal-Mart box exclusives.

:D

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2007, 10:32 AM »
If he's going to be an exclusive, I'd rather TRU get it. I loathe paying $13 for a figure (only to have it reissued a year later at $7).
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 11:16 AM »
Since this version isn't in one of the WalMart 3-packs and it's not in the Wave 2 assortment, what do you all think the chances are this figure will be a Target Exclusive just like the Saleucami and Utapau Shadow Trooper clones were?

I'm not totally sold on that idea.  The reason being that there are still other, significant characters in The Force Unleashed that we really haven't heard much about.  And they seem to be likely candidates for figures.  Just to name a few?

-Proxy - This is a droid that can disguise itself as other people
-Shaak Ti - She's confirmed to be in the game
-The Secret Apprentice

And the RS 411 report said that there may very well be more Force Unleashed waves later in the year.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 03:23 PM »
Another thought is that it could be a game exclusive figure like the Scout Trooper was for Battlefront and it would be available to those who preorder the game and/or through SWS.com.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 03:25 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2007, 09:59 AM »
Hmmm, I don't know how to feel about that since I won't be able to pick up the game. It won't be discrimination by choice. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2007, 12:32 PM »
I would be okay with that, especially if it ended up being a joint exclusive with StarWarsShop.com - if you pre-order the game, you get one for free. If you want just the figure, it will be $10 from SWS.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2008, 02:17 PM »
Has anyone seen or have a pic of the FULL cardback of FU Stormtrooper Commander???
Just wondering What wave this comes in and who else is in that wave???

I find it funny with all the released pics of this Figure a full pic of the cardback has never been shown.
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008, 02:41 PM »
The cardback has been shown, albeit kind of small...

According to those who have the figure already, the cardback shows part of Wave 1 and all of Wave 2 (just like the rest of the Wave 2 figures have), but it does not have any numbering of it's own, leading folks to believe that it will be some sort of excluisve figure somewhere.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 03:38 PM »
From JD's QnA:

2. Many different pictures of a blue Force Unleashed Stormtrooper Commander have been leaking out over the last few weeks. He doesn't seem to have any wave or number attached to him though. Is he going to be an exclusive of some sort, or will he show up in a second TFU wave that we haven't seen or heard of yet?

** We can’t give you any more detail on this other than the fact that he is not in a mainline assortment (hence the numbering). The actual details are still under wraps and will be revealed closer to the launch date for the game. All of our other mainline TFU sets will still ship on our original schedule, though.

I wonder if this figure will be available through pre-ordering the game and/or SWS.com?

Similar to the way the Battlefront Scout Trooper was released.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 07:32 PM »
I wonder if this figure will be available through pre-ordering the game and/or SWS.com?

Similar to the way the Battlefront Scout Trooper was released.

That is a definitely possibility. I just checked the GameStop.com pre-order page for the game - and there's nothing about it there, so once the pre-orders are being taken, it's not like you can retro-actively make such an offer.

So my guess is that StarWarsShop.com will be offering the figure. Remember, no exclusives will be shown at Toy Fair, only the mass market items that are open to all buyers. So them saying that we'll have to wait to closer to the release of the game makes sense if it's an exclusive to somewhere like SWS or Target or WalMart or even HasbroToyShop.com.

Peter