Author Topic: TFU Stormtrooper Commander  (Read 35959 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: TFU Stormtrooper Commander
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2008, 11:25 AM »
That's right, I think you're right about SWShop. Also realized I made a typo in that question, should have been "Did it" not "Didn't."  :P

Good point about the third party sellers. Though, I know some scalpers around here that think buying the game will be too much of an investment, whether that makes sense or not. (Some of the scalpers around here ain't too bright.) However, that $90 plus price won't hold as only the impatient collectors with disposable income will only pay that ridiculously high a price, so we'll have to see if it will continue to fetch more than the game itself.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2008, 11:43 AM »
For those with a paint brush, I hear blue paint is cheap.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2008, 03:04 PM »
I think everyone should wait it out. Hasbro/Lucas will probably market this through another outlet after the game release in order to gain the money of collectors as not all collectors play video games. This know-it-all at 'Scum named Grak is spreading info that this is a Canadian exclusive and will not be released in the U.S. Somehow, in between being an internet tattle tale and just an all around *****, he was able to get a job at Hasbro. Huh.

In any case, if this figure turns out to be hard to find we could always use another undershipped Saga Legends wave.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2008, 12:40 AM »
Why would you hope for that?  To screw the folks out there who want the figure but not the game?   ???

I hope it works the same way as Canada is getting it... pay $5 for a pre-order and you get the figure.  That way anyone who wants the figure has a chance to get it without having to buy a $60 game that they can't use or don't want.

Agreed.

This is why I wish they would just come out and say what's going on with the figure.

At this point, my guess is that it will just simply be an online exclusive with either StarWarsShop.com or HasbroToyShop.com on the day the game is released. And even though the folks up in Canada got it for $5, we'll have to pay $15 to get it.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 6, 2008, 05:18 PM »
Still no word on this and someone tried to get info from Hasbro in this week's Q&A and they blamed Lucasfilm for the fact that we have no idea what's going on with the figure.

I'm sorry, but that's a lame excuse. I guess if it's an exclusive being handled by Lucasfilm, that rules out Hasbro Toy Shop having the figure. That means here in the states, our only option for getting this figure will be a $14.99 purchase through Star Wars Shop.

*sigh*
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 7, 2008, 04:47 PM »
Could be worse things in life. At least I don't want multiples of this figure.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2008, 11:33 AM »
I got confirmation from my local Gamestop that they have the figure as part of the release of the game. I preorder mine through them last night. They didn't have the figures on hand yet, but said they should have them by Friday, but won't sell them until game release date. Makes sense. They don't want people getting the figure then backing out on buying the game from them.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2008, 07:53 PM »
Thanks, that's good to know! :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2008, 08:42 AM »
I was able to pick up mine from my local GameStop last night. I can finally close the book on the carded TAC line.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2008, 08:19 PM »
Per the otheR Site, Hasbro has confirmed what we already knew that it'll be available at Gamestop at midnight on the 15th here in the States.
I am not the Stig

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2008, 08:42 AM »
Per the otheR Site, Hasbro has confirmed what we already knew that it'll be available at Gamestop at midnight on the 15th here in the States.

I'm sorry, but this is CRAP.
Peter

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2008, 07:49 PM »

::) no we didn't. thats a blatant lie. none of my gamestops have them in yet.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2008, 10:12 PM »
Well, it is possible that a lot of Gamestop's don't know that they have them.  We have a store here in Mpls that gave out a couple of figures with pre-orders earlier in the week.  I went to get mine yesterday and they told me they didn't have them, but would give them out when people came in to get their games.  i called back today to discuss the situation and the same person who told me they had none confessed that they do have them in stock, but that her employees mistakenly gave them out ahead of time and wouldn't be giving anymore out until people came to get their games. 

Just some food for thought on why your local gamestop might not say they have these:

A.) They really don't have them
B.) They have them and don't know it ('cause they aren't supposed to give them out yet)
C.) They're just giving you a line to avoid complaints and plan to give them out with the games

And of course, I sometimes assume the worst in people, but what would stop a Gamestop Manager from just keeping the case(s) for themselves and selling them online?  There doesn't seem to be any tracking of what has been handed out so far and most of the GS's I spoke with didn't know what the hell I was even talking about.   ::)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2008, 08:23 AM »
Well I am friends with the managers at 2 gamestops that i go to. We all used to work together at another store so i know they dont have them yet which worries me.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2008, 09:03 AM »
So, although I'm sure this has been mentioned somewhere in this thread, how much does this figure cost if you don't buy the game?  And how many of the figures are stores getting, total?  I'd be more than happy to have bought the game had they done a PC version of it, but as there is inexplicably no PC version, I'm only interested in the figure. 

And speaking of (even though I know this isn't the section for it), has there been any reason given as to why LucasArts didn't do a PC version of the game, given the huge marketing push behind it?