Community > Watto's Junk Yard

Star Trek

<< < (71/75) > >>

Scockery:
Star Trek Discovery's first episode was not especially good.  It wasn't terrible, but I'm not paying to watch the rest of the series. (spoilers)

Good:
Doug Jones's character.

The effects seemed decent enough.

Bad:
Klingons...if you want to call them that. Why not just make them CGI crabs and be done with it.

Sonequa Martin Green's character seems to be making dumber choices than her Walking Dead character.
Michelle Yeoh calls her first officer NUMBER ONE. It felt forced.

Starting with a brink of war footing on what amounts to a new Trek timeline (?) lacks weight. Everything is unfamiliar looking, it doesn't seem like I should care. It would be like if they started ENTERPRISE with its season 3.

The scenes from upcoming episodes should really make fans wonder if CBS didn't just shut-down the Axanar fan project just to rip it off. It makes me wonder, and I'm not even that familiar with that fan film besides having watched the prelude.

Whatever:
They filmed with lens flare fun. I personally found the show's style hard to watch at times, but I guess it has style?
Why would Sarek raise an orphaned human girl?
Why does she seem to have stolen Worf's backstory? (Replace orphaned by Romluans with Klingons, raised by humans with Vulcans.)

Nicklab:
I watched it.  And it seems like this could be a really interesting show.

But between already paying for cable, Netflix and Amazon Prime?  I don't think ANOTHER subscription streaming service is in the cards for us.  Especially with rumblings that Disney will be launching their own service that will have Disney, Star Wars and Marvel properties at the heart of their content.

BrentS:
I watched episode one this morning. I liked it for what it's worth. We already subscribe to CBS All access (my family has an unnatural obsession with Big Brother and the whole back catalog of other shows, like Amazing Race and Survivor), So I'll continue to watch. I doubt I would pay the sub fee if it was just this show. 

McMetal:
I liked it overall, but I am not a die hard Trekkie. A two hour premier probably would have been a little more engaging. Still baffles me they would throw all that money into a show most people will not even be able to watch.

I wasn't crazy about Abe Sapien's character, or the weird blue guy on the bridge. With so many established races to choose from, I fail to see the need to keep inventing new ones, but SW does the same shtick.

I did love the weird guy with the computer terminal head. That would make an awesome action figure.

I was hoping we would get to meet the other guy who looks like, and maybe is,  the dude who played Lucius Malfoy.

They should re-run the whole thing next summer on regular TV. I'd watch more but no way I'm paying for this.

P-Siddy:

--- Quote from: McMetal on September 25, 2017, 08:56 AM ---I was hoping we would get to meet the other guy who looks like, and maybe is,  the dude who played Lucius Malfoy.

--- End quote ---

It is Jason Isaacs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version